Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2015/16

ajw10

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad news off the pitch too. The club today took Arsenal stewards to City with the intention to prevent any of our fans from using pro or anti Wenger banners, they confiscated most of them but some anti Wenger banners got in, namely one held up by DT from ArsenalFanTV who is the guy semi-famous for his one.

DT put his banner up at some point and it kicked off between fellow fans. The actual details are sketchy but it resulted in him throwing a punch or two because his young son ended up getting pushed.

Bad news off the pitch too. The club today took Arsenal stewards to City with the intention to prevent any of our fans from using pro or anti Wenger banners, they confiscated most of them but some anti Wenger banners got in, namely one held up by DT from ArsenalFanTV who is the guy semi-famous for his one.

DT put his banner up at some point and it kicked off between fellow fans. The actual details are sketchy but it resulted in him throwing a punch or two because his young son ended up getting pushed.

I hate this, we're damaging our fanbase

Looks like Welbeck's out for all of next season. Giroud will definitely stay now

I did say he was crocked & couldn't be relied on.

So if Liverpool win the Europa league, does that mean only the top two in the league getting automatic qualification into the Champions League next year (with Liverpool getting the 3rd automatic spot)?

And therefore even 3rd would require a playoff to qualify?

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/seedcl2016.html

The Champions League title holder spot is not used since both finalists, Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid, already qualified for the group stage by the domestic league. This implies that the Europa League title holder, Liverpool or Sevilla, gains access to the Champions League group stage.

Just an extra spot in group stage given if Liverpool win EL.

4th place will still have the playoff place.

If scenario occurred that city were in CL final, get 5th and win CL, would then 3rd place be in a playoff that would be the only question but not applicable now.

Nope. 3rd place would still qualify automatically. All four English teams qualified for the groups when Chelsea won it in 2011/12.

Basically, no matter what happens the top 3 in England, Germany and Spain qualify for the Champions League

Giroud seems slower and more lethargic lately even though he's barely played much since February. Bit of a mess the side atm. Coquelin is even more terrible than usual with the ball, Gabriel is showing no improvement even with game time and Cech is getting beat too often at the near post from shots outside of the box since he has been back from injury. Luckily our form till January was alright because we've been trash since that Liverpool game.

Nope. 3rd place would still qualify automatically. All four English teams qualified for the groups when Chelsea won it in 2011/12.

But only 4 made it then so yes all went into groups but if 5 made it with 2 of them being euro cup winners (pool and city for example) who get group spot, Champions of England also gets group spot, 2nd in prem would get group spot but then I was wondering if 3rd place league finish would also make it into group.

I mean take Spanish league as a scenario.

Barcelona win league - group spot

Real Madrid - runners up - group spot

Sevilla win EL- group spot

But imagine Ath Madrid were 4th, Villareal 3rd

If Ath Madrid won the CL then they would get group spot so would that mean Villareal get group spot or be in playoff?

Nah Wenger I'm sure will say

"we've got good quality here at Arsenal, I mean no one thought 12 months back that Leicester could win prem with what they had so why cant Arsenal win it next season with what we have now"

:D

"we've got good quality here at Arsenal, I mean no one thought 12 months back that Leicester could win prem with what they had so why cant Arsenal win it next season with what we have now"

I really want to laugh at this, but I can't. It's too sad. Sweepstake on when we're trawling back to this page in order to quote your post in the new thread?

Heh heh - sad but true. :D

Was it a torn meniscus? Think thats what I saw rumoured when he first did it, but can't find anything on it since.

Yeh it's the same injury as his last one. Although this one is his lateral meniscus. Previous one was medial I think. They tried to manage the last one conservatively, which was pointless.

They've just ignored that route this time and gone for surgery.

Archived