Senegal's Arsenal Thread 2015/16

ajw10

No way I can ee you finishing outside top 4. Norwich are fighting for their lives but I still expect you to win that comfortably. Villa is an obvious win. City is the real difficult one. Only danger you have of not getting in UCL is if you finish 4th and City and Liverpool win the European comps.

City would have to finish out of the top 4 for that to be a problem

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if i was him and you ended top 4 still again i would call it a day realising my limit of where i can take the club in current context and letting someone have a crack but if 5th i reckon it would be a kick up the ass and wanting one last crack before contract over to try and end career on a high. at least if top 4 you can take a little tiny bit of dignity in knowing your time's up but to finish out of top 4 this season would be disastrous. not sure if that's nonsensical to have this contrasting approach based on t4 v 5th though :D

Wenger famously doesn't walk out on contracts although he's been with Arsenal so long not sure that is relevant. It really seems like the appetite for him staying is just waning. It really is remarkable how your seasons follows these patterns and that's with players coming in and out but same things happening

The Giroud stat is something that always seems to happen, an important run of games in which you don't quite have enough goals and striker(s) aren't scoring. I can understand fans having enough, it's not like it's one season and everyone throws their arms up, this has happened far too many times

I would always think I wouldn't see Wenger ever walk away but if there's one year left on his deal it'll almost be like sleep walking through the season with fans and players knowing he's potentially on his way. That never ends well for clubs so in that sense this is a good summer to leave but ... meh, I just can't picture it, would be surprised

We've got at least one more season of this. Another summer of inertia while our rivals strengthen, another season of frustration, a group of players who can't motivate themselves with a manager who can't motivate them.

I've never known in my lifetime to have such apathy in the fanbase. It's obviously not just frustration, it's clearly where things are coming to a head. I think in our last 2 home games it could frankly get a bit ugly. I never like to see the support affect the players, but for the greater good, a show of outright anger and frustration is probably needed.

It's amazing to think 6 months ago (October) we won all 4 of our Premier League games, scoring 11 goals and conceding only once, dismantling Man Utd in the space of 15 first half minutes and beat Bayern Munich 2-0

And now, here we are

Cech (6), Bellerin (6), Mertesacker (7), Koscielny (6), Monreal (6), Ramsey (7), Flamini (6), Walcott (7), Ozil (8), Campbell (7), Giroud (6)

that was the line up that beat city :( ratings are from sky sports :p

Highlights include that we've played well over the last 6 weeks (we haven't), we are the champions away from home (we're not) and it's the fans fault why we are so poor at home (it isn't).

The guy has turned into a *****.

"We didn't make the maximum of (H) results against lower teams. We analysed that quite well & know it's not down to quality of our game."

****. Me.

A link or something might be useful but I assume you're referring to this: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10262040/arsene-wenger-calls-on-protesting-arsenal-fans-to-back-team

This part is astonishing:

Wenger said: "We lost the championship at home against lower teams, but we played sometimes at home in a very difficult climate. Away we are championship winners.

"The club has very special values and one is to stick together and support the team - there is no success otherwise."

He can go **** himself frankly.

"We didn't make the maximum of (H) results against lower teams. We analysed that quite well & know it's not down to quality of our game."

Ha! Would love to know what it was if not the "quality of our game". Pesky opponents not playing fair and rolling over for Arsenal to win it the way they want to :D

The man's just senile now, has far too much faith in his system and his players. Absolutely no chance anything changes at Arsenal with him still there.

He also had a go at (presumably) ex-players who have been critical of the current squad's attitude and if he is trying to claim that the current players have a better attitude than Henry then he is taking the ****. That squad of players didn't need to be motivated - they were self-motivating and it's obvious the current team is not. Even some of the current players have complained about it ffs.

He's lost the plot. I don't regret supporting him after the stadium was paid for - he'd earned his right to manage unencumbered by finances - but he's failed to improve us despite it and the stuff he says when under pressure makes me like him less and less.

I am not old enough to know a time when Arsenal was without Wenger but I will be overjoyed for the new era when I read about his resignation, I have lost a feeling of interest as it stands. At this point, I think I would take finishing outside the top four if it meant his farewell. Hopefully I wake up someday in the next few months to his resignation.

I really hope Wenger writes a book. I know he is responsible for a lot of what has happened but I would really like to know how much the board played a part in it too. Worried that if Wenger goes but the board stays the same we still could be doing the same ****.

This bothers me a lot too.

I really hope Wenger writes a book. I know he is responsible for a lot of what has happened but I would really like to know how much the board played a part in it too. Worried that if Wenger goes but the board stays the same we still could be doing the same ****.

Same **** of what? Most of our failures are football technical issues, all of which are Wenger's direct responsibilities. Unless there's proof that Wenger is a baller, but we only signed Cech because the Gazidis couldn't close deals.

A sad state of affairs when I'm more interested in the protest than the result. Apparently it was quite flat and most people were chanting for Wenger to stay. Suppose fair enough if they're happy paying the most expensive tickets in Europe for 4th place, no progress and no chance of competing for the PL or CL.

A sad state of affairs when I'm more interested in the protest than the result. Apparently it was quite flat and most people were chanting for Wenger to stay. Suppose fair enough if they're happy paying the most expensive tickets in Europe for 4th place, no progress and no chance of competing for the PL or CL.

Its hard to be interested in the game when it's ****ing boring as ****

We've had many games like that not just this season, but it's the slow paced boring build up I can't stand!

Why Wenger moved away from his fast and direct style, played by power players, to this, must be one of the great mysteries of English football.

I thought Eleny looked pretty decent as well. Also, Cech made some good saves.

http://arsenalist.com/f/2015-16/arsenal-vs-norwich-city/arsenal-fans-protest-wenger-counter-protesters-protest-fans-protesting-wenger.html

It was weird, because obviously its almost a silent protest. I think a lot of people agreed with the people holding the sings, but there were plenty chanting the there's only one Arsene Wenger song (which doesn't necessarily mean they want him to stay, just that they don't like him abused in this way). There was plenty of booing when they started chanting. Very split fanbase.

I think its a shame that it's got to the point where fans are having to do this. But public hostility and humiliation appears to be the only way to possibly create a change. A lot of people saying they want him gone but don't agree with the public protests - well what else can be done to convince him to step down? A lot of them will be the same ones moaning on Twitter when the same thing happens next season.

Same **** of what? Most of our failures are football technical issues, all of which are Wenger's direct responsibilities. Unless there's proof that Wenger is a baller, but we only signed Cech because the Gazidis couldn't close deals.

Same **** was meant with regards to transfers and behind the scenes stuff.

That was awful. Like watching England struggle against the poverty sides in qualifying. If that's anyone slightly better than Norwich we don't get the win. Welbeck looked good though - no idea why he didn't start.

Welbeck after the game seemed to indicate that he's struggling with his knee.

Same **** was meant with regards to transfers and behind the scenes stuff.

I don't know what behind the team stuff that has plagued us. With regards to transfers, we'd never know, but from the outside looking in, we are in the position to make big buys now, so why haven't Wenger spent more, is what most fans would ask.

Bendtner is great.

Bendtner also has a champion medal.

You're right, they're different. Giroud is worse.

Bendtner has one a champion medal in the season he played less than 10 league games and scored zero goals. Giroud has one league medal, in the season he was the league's top goal scorer, and since then, added 2 FA Cups.

My bad, I don't know what I was thinking. But I did say his form is like Bendtner, not that he's as bad as Bendtner.

Ah well, at least we didn't have to suffer the humiliation of watching our rivals win the league, and the further humiliation of being forced to acknowledge that they would have deserved it had they done it.

So aside from a deluded manager and board completely out of touch with the supporters, and the prospect of repeating it all again exactly the same next season - it's all good. :thup:

I've never known in my lifetime to have such apathy in the fanbase. It's obviously not just frustration, it's clearly where things are coming to a head. I think in our last 2 home games it could frankly get a bit ugly. I never like to see the support affect the players, but for the greater good, a show of outright anger and frustration is probably needed.

Probably won't happen. People who criticise Wenger are often called out as 'bad fans'. So the love for this senile old man will continue and the club will keep losing standing.

Archived