Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Liverpool thread 2015/16 - Klopptomaniacs

Did anyone else kind of half except Milner to miss that 1 on 1 with the keeper?

We've conceded four goals against Norwich. I don't care if we won. **** this team.

Klopp knows all isn't rosy in the garden right now and he will get things sorted over the next year or two. Trust me we won't be anywhere near as bad defensively in a years time as we are now. Klopp will sort this and you will see football like our third goal become the norm rather than the exception.

I decided when he was appointed that he he has a free swing at this season to settle down and survey the wreckage of the Rodgers era, and I am loving the energy and freshness he brings to the club now. We are going to be a very good football team soon, I am sure of it.

His honesty is refreshing.

He knows we aren't good enough, he's not afraid to say it. He's even went as far as saying the summer transfer window is one for me to make the changes he needs.

I'll be surprised if we don't have two new CB's.

I'm half tempted to change Caulker's wikipedia page to say one of his positions is centre-forward. Every time I've seen him play for Liverpool he's been used as makeshift striker.

I'm half tempted to change Caulker's wikipedia page to say one of his positions is centre-forward. Every time I've seen him play for Liverpool he's been used as makeshift striker.

Made a big impact when he went up today.

Mignolet honestly didn't look bothered today.

1st was a tough one as it was so close but it was right at him.

2nd is one he defiantly shouldn't be letting in.

3rd - went the right away and it's still went in.

4th- has went through a lot of legs but it was far enough out.

Maybe being harsh but a better keeper wouldn't let half of them in. 6 on target and we conceded 4. 10th time this season we've conceded to the first shot from the opposition.

Liverpool would be more safer with a traffic cone in goals than Mignolet, the guy's absolutely awful he annoys me and I don't even support Liverpool lol.

Which game was it where we had some last minute super goal and one of the coaches runs and hugs Benitez like a mad man while all he does is wipe his glasses or something

I don't get all excited over a manager just because he's super excited at a last minute winner.

I don't get all excited over a manager just because he's super excited at a last minute winner.

Of course you don't, that's because you completely miss the point of those scenes and what they mean.

You want everyone to be in it together, doing everything for the team and celebrating wins together.

I want a team that doesn't struggle to beat relegation sides.

That's not missing the point, it's called not changing your objectives because a more charismatic manager is in charge. Just like I didn't care for people wanting to **** on Rafa's style.

You want everyone to be in it together, doing everything for the team and celebrating wins together.

I want a team that doesn't struggle to beat relegation sides.

That's not missing the point, it's called not changing your objectives because a more charismatic manager is in charge. Just like I didn't care for people wanting to **** on Rafa's style.

I imagine every fan on this forum wants the same. The problem is, sides (including big clubs likeLiverpool who are in some sort of transition) will sometimes struggle.

I imagine every fan on this forum wants the same. The problem is, sides (including big clubs likeLiverpool who are in some sort of transition) will sometimes struggle.

Absolutely. My problem is we're struggling against bad sides and still failing in the areas we sacked a manager for.

I have every respect for Klopp as a coach and for what he achieved at Dortmund - but we've had basically zero consistency in performance since he's come in. I can't see what the identity is that he's trying to implement, or the improvement that he's making. Some games we press hard, high up the pitch, plenty of intensity - other games our midfield and forwards look like they'd rather be doing anything else.

And then jep, who never liked Rodgers from the start and leaped on every chance to criticise him, jumps in overcompensating like Klopp's a god already.

I like his press conferences, I like his enthusiasm, I'm more than willing to give him time - I just don't buy into the hype train yet because the team isn't performing to the standard I expect on a consistent basis.

Absolutely. My problem is we're struggling against bad sides and still failing in the areas we sacked a manager for.

I have every respect for Klopp as a coach and for what he achieved at Dortmund - but we've had basically zero consistency in performance since he's come in. I can't see what the identity is that he's trying to implement, or the improvement that he's making. Some games we press hard, high up the pitch, plenty of intensity - other games our midfield and forwards look like they'd rather be doing anything else.

And then jep, who never liked Rodgers from the start and leaped on every chance to criticise him, jumps in overcompensating like Klopp's a god already.

I like his press conferences, I like his enthusiasm, I'm more than willing to give him time - I just don't buy into the hype train yet because the team isn't performing to the standard I expect on a consistent basis.

Can't judge klopp until he gets time to bring in his own players and implement his plan which won't happen overnight. he needs much more time before anyone can judge him based on what we see.

Totaly agree with this assessment, I'm thinking why did we even sack Rodgers? Stat I just see, Sunce Klopp has been in charge our goals conceded from set plays have more than tripled.. Liverpool look inept at defending, I think loads of managers out there could improve this area of our game, why isn't Klopp with all his experience?

The trouble is you have been in transition for 25 years.

Can't judge klopp until he gets time to bring in his own players and implement his plan which won't happen overnight. he needs much more time before anyone can judge him based on what we see.

Agree with this. However, also think that Divinity has a point about Jep praising Klopp too easily.

My only concern about Klopp at the minute is how blinded he appears to be to Mignolet. He's getting poorer and poorer, it's really beyond a joke how terrible he is right now.

There's a lot of negatives that can be excused for now (the entire season really) while Klopp gets to grips with the league and gets a transfer window/pre season to work with, but the fact he genuinely rates Mignolet is worrying.

Maybe Klopp didn't win the league in Germany because he was good, maybe it was because Bayern weren't up to speed. Dortmund have always been a top team just like Rangers and Celtic used to be in Scotland or Madrid and Barca on Spain.

Trying to manage Liverpool in the prem is by far one of the hardest jobs in football if your expectations are to finish top 4.. We are slowly becoming another Newcastle.

Maybe Klopp didn't win the league in Germany because he was good' date=' maybe it was because Bayern weren't up to speed. Dortmund have always been a top team just like Rangers and Celtic used to be in Scotland or Madrid and Barca on Spain.

[/b']

Trying to manage Liverpool in the prem is by far one of the hardest jobs in football if your expectations are to finish top 4.. We are slowly becoming another Newcastle.

Yeah ... this is rubbish.

Dortmund were really poor, it can't be underestimated how much he turned them around, which is why I have faith that he will here, but the defending has gotten worse, not better - and that was one of the prime areas Rodgers' sides used to get slated for. I'm confident he'll turn it around given time, but I wonder how much we needed in 6 months.

My point is Klopp may not be able to achieve with Liverpool what he did with Dortmund purely because the Prem is the Prem.. Fact is deluded people keep thinking Liverpool are a big club who has a Devine right to be successful again.. Times in football has changed.. When a club, any club wants to improve it needs better players.. Liverpool have actually wasted millions of pounds and actually bought there own spiral of mediocrity..

All these posts analysing Klopp etc.. Unless someone with in Liverpool realise the club needs a new transfer policy we will continue to stand still.. Klopp doesn't have a magic wand, he certainly hasn't improved Liverpool since post Rodgers and may never do unless we bring in better players. The owners need to stop using this club as a brand to get ROI..

maybe its just the personnel we've got playing there. if it was up to me i'd get flanno and caulker in the starting line up asap cos they cant do much worse. couple that with our whole midfield switching off at set plays too and its no wonder we're crap at them.

There's not been an awful out of training time for Klopp to work on what he needs to but I do think we should have seen some sort of improvement. The only thing I can say about that is at least Klopp is coming out and saying it's not good enough , even yesterday he was moaning about conceding from Set-Plays.

It's the same players making the same mistakes in my eyes and until we get a keeper, a CB and a proper midfielder who can cut out attacks before they really begin, we will still struggle.

A keeper who will command the area will outlay confidence which we don't have with Simon. I don't for a second believe Klopp is blind to the fact we need a new keeper. There's enough talk of a new keeper coming in to make me believe we are looking.

A CB who can take control and lead this team. Someone who incapable of losing a header would be nice.

If people out side of Liverpool (fans- pundits) can see what Liverpool need why can't people inside the club? It's clear we are inept at defending but we can't hardly score this season despite having more shots than any team. Surly paying 4 mill for Austin would of made sense as a goal scoring option..?

The trouble is you have been in transition for 25 years.

You do realise I'm not a Liverpool fan, right? Thought my user name gave that away :rolleyes:

Dortmund were really poor, it can't be underestimated how much he turned them around, which is why I have faith that he will here

Didn't Dortmund have to get a loan of sorts from Bayern Munich or face the possibility of going bankrupt.

Surly paying 4 mill for Austin would of made sense as a goal scoring option..?

Certainly a more acceptable plan B option than Benteke ever will be.

If people out side of Liverpool (fans- pundits) can see what Liverpool need why can't people inside the club? It's clear we are inept at defending but we can't hardly score this season despite having more shots than any team. Surly paying 4 mill for Austin would of made sense as a goal scoring option..?

MLG is compiling a list of stats on why Southampton was the better option as we speak

Austin is nowhere near good enough ffs.

Buying players like Austin is where we've been going wrong for years. Enough of these crap midtable squad player signings. How did Rickie Lambert work out for us?

We definitely need to be looking to Europe far more. The sheer difference in quality of player that you get from 12 million in the UK and 12 million on the continent is absurd.

e: and really, our scouting team needs a massive shake-up.

Austin is a lot better than Lambert and he cost £4m.

Cool. Just like Lambert was a lot better than Aspas, Lallana was going to be great, Mignolet was better than Reina. Carroll, Downing, Joe Cole, Lovren, Borini...

We've bought so many mid table duds just because they have experience in this league. It's a policy that's cost us so much over the last decade.

Every year we sign an average player that's slightly better than the average player we finally ship out on the 5th attempt, and every year we realise they can't make the step up to a bigger team. It's about time we stopped that. Austin is not a Liverpool level player (to MLG - Liverpool level as in where we should be, not where we are in relation to the mighty Saints).

Tbh Austin is probably a better player than Benteke :D I agree though Liverpool need to stop signing quantity over quality.

Cool. Just like Lambert was a lot better than Aspas, Lallana was going to be great, Mignolet was better than Reina. Carroll, Downing, Joe Cole, Lovren, Borini...

We've bought so many mid table duds just because they have experience in this league. It's a policy that's cost us so much over the last decade.

Every year we sign an average player that's slightly better than the average player we finally ship out on the 5th attempt, and every year we realise they can't make the step up to a bigger team. It's about time we stopped that. Austin is not a Liverpool level player (to MLG - Liverpool level as in where we should be, not where we are in relation to the mighty Saints).

That's not true, at the mo all we need up front is a poacher who knows where the net is, we don't need no fancy player we create more than enough that even Benteke should score if he wasn't such a 1 truck pony.. At 4 million I can assure you had Austion of played in our remaining games we would score more goals and gain more points than we would with out him unless we are going out to spend tens of millions on a proven striker.. Austin showed more craft and determination in his sub appearance yesterday than Benteke has all season.

Tbh Austin is probably a better player than Benteke :D I agree though Liverpool need to stop signing quantity over quality.

Somehow forgot to list Benteke in my list of examples :D

Benteke hasn't hardly scored for Belgium because they play football, Villa played direct balls and loads if crosses. Liverpool play more like Belgium compared to villa it wasn't hard to work out he wouldn't fit our style. We were touted with Shane long last week, even he would be more usefull to us than Benteke.. If we still had Suarez, Owen or Fowler maybe even Vardy, we'd be top 4.. This must be our worst season for scoring goals?

Benteke hasn't hardly scored for Belgium because they play football' date=' Villa played direct balls and loads if crosses. Liverpool play more like Belgium compared to villa it wasn't hard to work out he wouldn't fit our style. We were touted with Shane long last week, even he would be more usefull to us than Benteke.. If we still had Suarez, Owen or Fowler maybe even Vardy, we'd be top 4.. This must be our worst season for scoring goals?[/quote']

Shane Long? Stop suggesting crap strikers.

Why should we adapt our style to suit mid table players? It's like the idiotic decision of Dalglish to play Carroll and Suárez but for some reason play to Carroll's strengths instead.

Football based on crossing doesn't work at the top level.

We definitely need to be looking to Europe far more. The sheer difference in quality of player that you get from 12 million in the UK and 12 million on the continent is absurd.

e: and really, our scouting team needs a massive shake-up.

I think you can get good quality players from UK or Europe or further afield but it involves actual scouting and identifying them ahead of time, monitoring and so on rather than the throwing crap against the wall method Liverpool seem to have favoured in recent seasons :/

Shane Long? Stop suggesting crap strikers.

Why should we adapt our style to suit mid table players? It's like the idiotic decision of Dalglish to play Carroll and Suárez but for some reason play to Carroll's strengths instead.

Football based on crossing doesn't work at the top level.

Your missing the point mate, I'm saying we need a striker at the moment, either one that can run his legs off, ie Shane Long, or a poacher of goals, Austin, not a long term plan but what we need right now, With mr sick note always injured and Benteke looking way out of his depth we need some one up there and Austin or long would be a better option to Benteke..