Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Liverpool thread 2015/16 - Klopptomaniacs

Plus we'll be playing a lot of games and not sure how much Sturridge will be truly fit anyway!

Still find a way to say UEFA Cup is draining and players are too tired to play instead of rotating cleverly ahead of time and competing

We do have a squad to cope on several fronts now imo, though I'm sure you're right Razzler!

Still find a way to say UEFA Cup is draining and players are too tired to play instead of rotating cleverly ahead of time and competing

cleverly is at Everton mate

I thought your issue was with rotating for European games, and that they should all be taken as equally seriously as league games? Rotating out key players because of the amount of fixtures equals not taking the competition seriously.

If Lucas was to go which is lookingly very likely at this point, I wouldn't mind bringing in Alex Song on loan. Not a world beater but would provide decent cover to Can.

I thought he had went to West Ham but appears not.

I thought your issue was with rotating for European games, and that they should all be taken as equally seriously as league games? Rotating out key players because of the amount of fixtures equals not taking the competition seriously.

Rotating players so that the team isn't fatigued =/= not taking a competition seriously

Rotating players so that the team isn't fatigued =/= not taking a competition seriously

Well that was our defence, but apparantly dropping Coutinho for a Europa League game last year instantly means we aren't taking it seriously and is a damning indictment of the state of modern managers and fans who don't want to win all competitions and see EL as unimportant.

We had a behind closed doors friendly against TNS today.... we won 5-1, Firmino got a hattrick, Ings scored from a penalty and Markovic got the last one.

If Lucas was to go which is lookingly very likely at this point, I wouldn't mind bringing in Alex Song on loan. Not a world beater but would provide decent cover to Can.

I thought he had went to West Ham but appears not.

I thought you were in the anti-song club with me :(

the fact that we could play a front 4 in Europa of Lallana, Ings, Ibe and Marko and not need any of them the following week, I don't remember having such strong squad depth in a long long time.

I thought you were in the anti-song club with me :(

For barca, completely.

We aren't barca unfortunately :(

Sounds like a big fuss over nothing really. We've got a massive squad now, Lucas isn't a key member of it anymore. He played in the friendly today so I doubt his relationship with Rodgers has completely broken down.

If it has then it's a shame, but good luck to him elsewhere.

If I had a dollar for every time someone's written that Rodgers had 'lost the players' I'd own the club by now.

Player unhappy at not being first choice shock.

Can't really fault people for having that idea considering Rodgers track record of isolating players to be fair. Just because Lucas played today doesn't mean his relationship hasn't broken down with Rodgers, not playing would be a breach of contract and I would think that Lucas is professional enough to carry on doing his job.

Balotelli

Borini

Enrique

Now Lucas

Close to being Sakho and Moreno.

If I had a dollar for every time someone's written that Rodgers had 'lost the players' I'd own the club by now.

Player unhappy at not being first choice shock.

Absolutely this.

Oh and Sterling missed a superb chance. Keep the form going lad. :)

Rotating the team doesn't mean it becomes rubbish. Liverpool have a lot of options now and using their brain they don't need to 'rotate' the entire team and make it rubbish but can do so with key positions and still maintain a good side

They just need to plan ahead, a la Fergie

Would anyone here be able to get a couple of tickets for me for a Liverpool home game around October/November time (or whenever after that really) for my missus' dad and brother?

Obviously me not being a member means I've got basically no chance of getting tickets!

Couple of interesting media bits today. Independent talking about what Balotelli is like in training and Borini nice looking to collapse due to wage demands. And Jose Enrique ripping into the club for outcasting the three of them.

Lucas going to Milan on loan it seems :( Player doesn't even want to leave

The constant outcasting of unwanted players is pretty awful tbf.

I can understand Balotelli, Borini and Enrique to a degree, but surely Lucas is still good enough to have a part to play? We're going to be embarrassed by good teams if we don't have a decent holding midfielder. Can will need to improve massively if he's going to step into Lucas' shoes of 2-3 years ago.

Not thinking someone will be part of the first team and loaning them out is not really 'outcasting' tbh

Balotelli, Borini and Enrique have totally been outcast, and we can't shift them because they are all on big contracts that nobody else will meet. Lucas has always fought for his place, it's just an Agger situation where Rodgers can't rely on him so doesn't want him anymore - not been treated as badly as the others.

Looking at the James Pearce Q&A, looks like team when fit will look like:

Mignolet

Gomez – Lovren – Skrtel – Clyne

Milner – Henderon – Coutinho

Sturridge – Firmino

Benteke

Bogdan

Moreno – Sakho – Toure – Flanagan

Allen – Can - Teixeira

Ibe – Lallana

Ings

with Rossiter, Markovic, Origi on the fringes. And Can/Allen coming in for games against the big teams.

https://instagram.com/p/6UyovRhiKC/

Well some still celebrate Mario birthday.

Outcasts unite

Love how the cake is surrounded by his Liverpool teammates but the cake itself is made to look like his Italian national shirt. A team he is no longer a part of.

Lets just keep every player forever, even when they are no longer good enough.

Can someone define the term 'outcasting'? Borini, Balotelli and Enrique must have been told they're not in Rodgers' plans and to find new clubs. Happens in football a lot id have thought.

Anyway didn't Enrique basically say he'd rather sit in Liverpools reserves for a year than find a new club because he'd rather take the money. He's turned down offers from La Liga teams so I've heard.

Excluded from training, friendlies, squad activity, actively not used and club trying to sell them but none of them want a wage cut.

It's not often you have a club with 3 well paid players that you don't let train with the team and you're trying unsuccessfully to sell.

I found that scoring an og from the half way line quite funny.

Same tbh. Can just see Brad Jones scrambling now

I figure if your attitude in training hasn't been good enough for an extended period of time, then excluding them is fine. No point having a disruptive influence around a group.

Lets just keep every player forever, even when they are no longer good enough.

Yep, because we wouldn't want to make them feel alienated or go running to the press, which in turn would upset even more fans who had an agenda.

Lets keep all the players ever!

Just in Bristol to meet and greet carragher. I had a few drinks so go on what questions you want me to ask him

I think Bournemouth game will be tougher than we think, won't be surprised if we lose to them and beat arsenal.

Ask him who he despises the most?

Anelka, Balotelli or Diouf(add whoever)

Tony I hope you asked him why he refused to play at right back against Middlesbrough in 2009.

Singapore under 16s took on Liverpool youth in the Lion City Cup.

Liverpool were leading 3-0 but one of the sons of legendary striker Fandi Ahmad scored a perfect hatrick to make it 3-3.

Liverpool won 5-3 on penalties in the end.

Classic. :D