Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Liverpool thread 2015/16 - Klopptomaniacs

This is boring. Will take it over losing but this pitch seems slow

I'm not that fussed if we're not setting the world on fire yet. Only Leicester have so far. I'm just happy we're level after last time. :D

Flashy for the sake of being flashy?

He's not very good. Takes far too many touches every time he's on the ball.

this. because he has no end game.

Nothing. Not sure how you can be happy with that CP, could quite easily be behind.

Just a 'meh' of a half. Obvious we're going more direct now though. Not sure if it's good or bad but at least there's no Barca style **** about with it at the back.

I'd have taken a 0-0 fulltime score at the start of the game. Especially looking at how other teams have done on their opening day.

Still expecting Stoke to score first.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Coutinho!!!! Wonderful goal!!

Thought Mignolet looked a lot better with aerial balls, and the team better defensively.

Might be stating the obvious a bit there with the latter comment considering the previous game.

Obviously suffered a bit going forward, but a win in our first game. Last time we beat Stoke 1-0 on the opening day....

Phil ****ing Coutinho. Love him.

THE CREATOR

Benteke more lazy than Balo.

what the actual ****

lol^

i'd start with the team that finished that game next week. sack lallana and ibe off. ibe's not ready and i just cant make head nor tail of lallana.

Was clearly absolutely knackered from about 60 minutes on, surprised he lasted the 90

I would have swapped him out with origi at around 70

Looked much better after Can came on. One holding midfielder instead of two meant Henderson and Milner were much more involved. Clyne looks great, Gomez had a tough time.

Yea I was happy that we changed the system a bit with that Can substitution, looked much better afterward.

I like Henderson and Miller as the base of midfield. Souness was moaning about them not being creative enough which misses the point I think.

Get 2 half decent full backs and all of a sudden our centre backs don't look too bad. I thought we battled well and didn't give Stoke many chances, we would have been out battled and lost by a few goals previous years.

That was just Phil in a nutshell - absolute genius little player.

Great start, just keep winning please.

I like Henderson and Miller as the base of midfield. Souness was moaning about them not being creative enough which misses the point I think.

I think it might work well enough against most sides by constricting space - not sure it'll be as effective against the better teams who can work through smaller spaces. Not a lot of positional discipline about it.

Great 1 0 away win to Stoke our bogey side and people saying sell Lallana and Ibe not ready yet people moan when I post hmm :(

Not bad really for a season opener, especially one against a tough opponent like Stoke. Having said that it looked like a good time to play them, before they get into their stride a bit.

Thought Benteke was alright, linked up decently enough, showed some good touches. Needs a few more games for fitness. Milner was quality, Clyne Skrtel and Lovren were good also aside from a couple of shaky moments and a few 'special' clearances from Lovren. Coutinho not in the game much at all before his goal, funny how being able to smash in a 25 yarder every now and again makes you immune from criticism. :D

Great 3 points really, think Hendo and Milner will be great leaders for the team. We can obviously play better than that, few more games under our belt will see us improve.

Flashy for the sake of being flashy?

He's not very good. Takes far too many touches every time he's on the ball.

I think it's actually the opposite? so much energy but so little imagination. as I read the game (was entertaining a 3 year old at the time so could only spare one eye) all too often we'd get bottled up on one flank or the other. lallana should be the one in the center acting as the pivot and moving the ball to the other side to open up the field but he'd end up just passing it right back where it came from - helping them tighten the noose around our neck. I'm not sure whether it's vision or caution or what, but it seems like everyone of the pitch knows exactly what's going to come from lallana when he's on the ball.

Skrtel's best game for us as part of a back four. Was fantastic. Thought Gomez was tidy in a very physical battle with Walters. Think he'll do better against the quick winger types.

Thought Clyne was motm there. Saved a certain goal at one point

When you look at results of other top teams such as Chelsea, Arsenal and Utd at home we got a 1-0 away win not playing at our best so based on that alone it fairly good. Beat Bournemouth at home and we go into the Arsenal away match in good shape. Happy days ;)

Week 1

Arsenal got schooled, Chelsea drew, Man U needed a Spurs player to win and the Special Saints got a special Draw... and we're above that lot.

Much better second half performance after a mediocre first. Can coming on gave Henderson and Milner a bit more freedom and it looked a much better system.

I fear for Lallana, Coutinho was miles better on the inside left. Benteke showed some decent touches but had no ammunition really. Any win first day is a bonus, and good to get a tough fixture out the way. Well happy with 3 points today.

Like the fact Mig is able to mix it up a little now that we have a target man in Benteke. Should take a lot of pressure of the back 4 who were constantly having to bring it out from the back.

Gomez was shaky at times but certainly no car crash considering the step up and being played out of position. Lallana is a passenger in tough away games.

Great to see Coutinho step up when we needed something, especially when he was very average for the majority of the game. Away win to a team who pulled out pants down a few months ago is pleasing as not many will walk away with an easy win there. I would have taken a draw before the game.

We've got to go for a midfield three of Can, Henderson and Milner, then Coutinho and Firmino (if up to speed) in behind Benteke for the next game surely? Much better fit than the formation we started with.

Crying out for a 4-4-2 diamond once Sturridge is back. Can at the base, Coutinho at the tip and Henderson and Milner for the other two. That's probably our strongest overall formation and side, we played some of our best football with this formation the season before last.