Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Liverpool thread 2015/16 - Klopptomaniacs

I can see Klopp trying to offload him if his injury record doesn't improve. Probably feels he'd get more use out of a slightly less skilled striker that's always fit than a clearly talented striker that's always injured.

If you went to look for a compilation of his play against Man City, I'm pretty sure you'll find more than just that back heel

Off the top of my head I remember one

superb chasing back sliding tackle and also his through pass that Lallana dummied and Firmino should have scored from.

He certainly isn't a headless chicken that you are making him out to be. Absolutely ludicrous to think he won't be an integral part of the team tbh.

Hardly ludicrous. Stranger things have happened.

I'm not sold on Can either. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Probably feels he'd get more use out of a slightly less skilled striker that's always fit than a clearly talented striker that's always injured.

The less skilled striker is still infinitely more valuable to the team than a permanent sick note. If Sturridge left the club today he wouldn't be missed.

Sun On Sunday apparently (according to BBC Gossip page) claiming Klopp's after Jack Butland, Liverpool ready to pay £20m for him. I doubt anyone would object to having him instead of Mignolet. Butland's a top class keeper and should be at a big club in order to push Joe Hart for the England spot.

In even less likely gossip, the Daily Star reckons Klopp wants to get Reus and Hummels from Dortmund. Combined would be about £56m.

klopps said he has too much respect for dortmund to try and buy their players so unless they want to sell nothing will happen.

glad to see he actually sees what we as fans see with mig and allen, i believe hes already got their number and will be replaced sooner rather than later.

Yeah I'd definitely say the Butland rumour is more likely. As much as I hate The Sun (as does everyone in Liverpool), their transfer rumours are generally more reliable than most and let's be frank, Butland would be ideal.

Can has played well, Firmino and Benteke not doing nearly enough. Lallana did some pretty pirouettes and Cruyff turns...

First 25 mins we were excellent until the final ball, should have had a couple in that time. Final 20 mins Swansea dominated and we looked a bit fragile.

We needed somebody to step up but didn't think it would be the ref!

He wasn't looking at it though and the referee wouldn't have given it. The assistant flagged. We'll take it.

Hmmm. Can't really put your arms up and turn your back.

Hendo back :cool: Firmino frustrating.

Does Lallana do anything remotely useful?

His triple pirouettes that go nowhere certainly don't count

The obligatory 20 min cameo from Sturridge. See you again in six months for another!

Possibly the best I can remember seeing Lovren play for us. Hopefully I haven't cursed him.

Sturridge doesnt even dare slide in

I keep expecting him to just literally explode every time he runs :D

The obligatory 20 min cameo from Sturridge. See you again in six months for another!

Possibly the best I can remember seeing Lovren play for us. Hopefully I haven't cursed him.

I think I cursed him.

Pleasing in the respect we were able to get Sturridge/Henderson back into the team today with Coutinho still to come in.

European hangover the likely reason for a drab performance but you come to expect that now. Result the most important thing and there's no reason why we can't keep the run going.

Won 6 of our last 7.

Sturridge on the bench. So much for that two months talk. Henderson too.

Klopp's bollocking about pain (imagine an angry German bloke shouting at you about not knowing what real pain is) probably made Sturridge realise he can actually play through whatever's niggling him

I like to think he slapped him about the head a few times 'how about that ... does that hurt' as Sturridge just wimpered how he feels fine now

Probably need to rest a few against Southampton. The likes of Clyne, Moreno, Benteke etc. Could do without extra time too

Or he sees him everyday in training and has been talking things through with him and believes he can develop him, which wouldn't surprise me with Klopp, he seems very intent on development and fixing players.