Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Liverpool thread 2015/16 - Klopptomaniacs

@JimmyRiceWriter: Jurgen Klopp has more away wins versus 'top four' in six weeks than Brendan Rodgers had in three years #LFC

fantastic.

The effort and desire has drastically changed and it's a joy to watch.

Thanks Jurgen

Great result and performance. My only complaint is it should have been six or seven!

My only complaint is it should have been six or seven!

'If I had 3 wishes I would wish for 3 more wishes'

God I love how he still goes on to the pitch after every game and has a word with every player

Disappointing Klopp didn't throw Lallana when he hugged him.

I think a better keeper would be in a better position to save that.

You kidding, that was in the bottom corner

@JimmyRiceWriter: Jurgen Klopp has more away wins versus 'top four' in six weeks than Brendan Rodgers had in three years #LFC

Haha what a stat. I can't help but think how good a position we would have been in if we had beaten Norwich, Southampton and palace at home especially now we got all of the tough away games out of the way.

Can see the difference how we play, the confidence the players have and they are able to express themselves more,what a third goal especially from Emre with the back hell and lallana was brilliant holding on to the ball and waiting for the splitting pass.

That was an awesome display. Big signs of improvement in our game and the players are responding well to the manager which is absolutely key. Thought Coutinho and Firmino were brilliant today, along with Can who was dominant in midfield and Skrtel too (bar the crap clearance.

Cant wait for the next game now!

You kidding, that was in the bottom corner

It went in about half way up the net did it not?

Anyway, I may think he could have done better but he redeemed himself with the one in the second half when Milner forget he played for us

Watching the highlights and Liverpool seem so much more fluid and attractive to watch nowadays.

Just watched the highlights and for sure the best I have seen Liverpool play for a while, very high energy and great movement, not sure the last time I seen Liverpool work so hard.

I think as a neutral I might actually enjoy watching Liverpool now. Now they just need the quality in depth and they could be a real threat next season

I think as a neutral I might actually enjoy watching Liverpool now. Now they just need the quality in depth and they could be a real threat next season

Henderson, sakho and Ings not in the squad. Sturridge and benteke didn't start while Ibe who is getting better was on the bench.

All his fuss over Agueros's goal, Mig should have hoofed it instead of ******* around with it, his positioning as Aguero was approaching/cutting inside was slightly off, too close to his near post, which he does more often than other supposed "top" keepers.

Didn't matter in the end but in tighter games, these issues cost points.

Really excited to see a midfield and attack with Lucas, Can, Henderson, Firmino, Coutinho and Sturridge in it. Potential to be very destructive in this set up under Klopp.

So that's our "extremely tough" opening 7 away fixtures done. Who had us down for 3 wins, 3 draws and only 1 loss?

Shame our home form has been pants.

Slight strain/pull.

Out of thursday night but in contention for Sunday. Likely to sit out both though.

So that's our "extremely tough" opening 7 away fixtures done. Who had us down for 3 wins, 3 draws and only 1 loss?

Shame our home form has been pants.

Hoping Benteke will give us what we've been missing past seasons against the 'easier' run of games

Speaking of:

kWJRZaN.jpeg

That's up to end of year, real big chance to close the gap on those above us

Will be rather disappointed if we don't get 17/18 points from that run of fixtures. ( league)

We might struggle to 14 imo. Will be enough to close up on the top 4, but not enough to get us in.

Will be rather disappointed if we don't get 17/18 points from that run of fixtures. ( league)

the southampton one is league cup btw, so only 6 league games. sob we cant get 17 but we cant get 18 (:

A lot can happen before March. You could be top of the league and playing great and suddenly those fixtures don't look so bad

oh indeed, or likewise struggling to get in top 4 and suddenly it's a great opportunity to take points off others, but i prefer the Dec run I think (: (well, in terms of points, in terms of football the march one is fantastic)

the southampton one is league cup btw, so only 6 league games. sob we cant get 17 but we cant get 18 (:

Ah, thought that was league.

Klopp has done well tactically for those tough away games but we still have that problem of breaking down teams we expect to beat and therefore shut up shop against us. It will be interesting to see if we can impose ourselves on the next few matches. I reckon he'll pick a strong team for tomorrow night as he can see the value of a good European run.

When other teams try to play a bit and we close them down, we look great, when the emphasis is on us making the play, i can see us coming unstuck a few times, especially at home.

Does Benteke fit into the pressing game? Not seen enough of him to make a judgment either way but if he doesn't, ouch that's an expensive plan B to have on the bench.

At home, Sturridge is crucial to how we play and how we go about breaking teams down but there's no doubt in my mind that Klopp will be able to create a formation/style to adapt to that. It's just going to need time as it's clear he's been working on us sitting right and countering considering our run of games.

What I've noticed is the amount of forward passes and forward runs from basically everyone. Under Rodgers, we always seemed to want ball into feet for the striker to lay it off and spin behind. It'll be different now.

For the first few years Klopp's Dortmund played mostly that counter-attacking style. Wouldn't surprise me if we did the same for a couple of seasons.

Anyone think we might have a chance at a cup under Klopp?

I'd like for him to really give the UEFA Cup a good go. No stupid resting everyone in the 1/4 finals ahead of an away game against Stoke

CL entry for winning that, no small potatoes!

Anyone think we might have a chance at a cup under Klopp?

I think with Klopp in charge anything is possible.

Ergh, Suarez would have been perfect under Klopp.

Well, Suarez would be perfect any where