Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Liverpool thread 2015/16 - Klopptomaniacs

Finally a manager who can setup to beat the big teams.

You realise this is one of the worst Chelsea teams for decades though

Yea, one of the worst teams who just won the league.

It's not a horrible team, it's a team horribly out of form. Sizeable difference.

z

Zzzzzzzzz bore off

Such a silly thing to say.

really? cuz these players won the league last year...

OK then congrats on beating the 15th placed team in the league it really proved your Champions League credentials.

OK then congrats on beating the 15th placed team in the league it really proved your Champions League credentials.

Who cares? It will always be tough to get anything from Stamford Bridge! Well played and truly deserved the victory!

You're trying way too hard ffs. :D

Mate as if you're going to bring us down after we just beat Chelsea 3-1 at their place. :D

Yeah, the state of this guy :D

Don't ruin it ffs

Oh I'm glad Klopp won and I do hope it's a catalyst for his season, I just still don't like Liverpool much. I'm in an odd situation of liking a manager but disliking the club. IDK maybe Klopp will turn Liverpool into a team I could like a bit more but we'll see what he can do and how long he'll stay.

Lucas reborn under Klopp

...and he is not the only one! These things would never had happened with BR!

Decades behave you didn't form until 2001 :D

Why was chelsea staff telling Klopp to calm down at 1-1? I missed the incident but found it funny. Lucas, Skrtel and Sackho would be my pick for man of the match today but they all done well. Chelsea were poor but klopp said the other week its important to get teams who are maybe better than us down to our level.

That was awesome, just needed Chelsea to score and wake us up before we dominated the game and crushed the life out of them. Awful side Chelsea, and the "Special One" looks finished to me - looks like a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat, so clueless at the moment. Even better when you hear his petulant whining after the match and childish nothing to say routine.

Klopp spot on in team selection, and how good was it to have a genuine quality striker up top to bring everything together. Very good start to his reign, long may it continue.

I was just thinking to myself earlier this week how we never come from behind to beat sides anymore, then we go and do it today :cool:

Oh and **** off wands, silly ****.

passing was a lot slicker today, dont mind misplacing a few when its 1 or 2 touch. benteke was immense when he came on i thought.

Played Arsenal away, Spurs away, Chelsea away, Everton away, Stoke away and United away 9 points from possible 18 losing just one. Second half of season fixtures be kinder to us and we are unbeaten in last 11 games I think while losing only 2 in league and unbeaten in cup.

Lots of things to be positive about.

Decades behave you didn't form until 2001 :D

I think I heard this is their worst start since the 80s or even 70s?

Benteke was a beast. Whenever we played long balls Chelsea were winning them left right centre, once Benteke came on, he was winning all of them, holding it up and spearheading attacks

Benteke has done more under Klopp than Rodgers ever got out of him

Liverpool will have to rely on the Leicester train derailing, or Man Utd's boring football being exposed, in order to get the top 4 but it is possible. Leicester's owners will give Ranieri blank cheques if they're still in the top 4 by January in order to maintain that position though, because all it takes is one or two key injuries and they're flying down the table. Man Utd have just been appalling but have used that to their advantage by throttling the life out of opponents who try to play, like they did to Palace today. Their lack of firepower will be their downfall though.

Don't think anyone saw them being 3 points off top in November either. I think they'll get Europa League.

Nope but it's not out of the ordinary for an unfancied team to be up at the top of table at this point of the season. It happens regularly, but inevitably they always sink down the table.

I am not sure Coutinho will be getting that much space every week

Surely, Benteke ready to start soon? Makes such a big difference when he's on. Klopp such a likeable guy. Any commentators referred to the Kop End as a the Klopp End yet? That's happening

Benteke has done more under Klopp than Rodgers ever got out of him

That's because we have our first real top class manager since Rafa left. Klopp will get us back challenging for top honours again, I am sure of it.

Leicester aren't getting top 4 :D

I wouldn't expect Leicester to get top 4 but since January only man city have taken more points and think they have picked up something like 43 points from possible 63.

Leicester?

Not sure if serious.

I wouldn't take him serious, he said he could see Aberdeen winning the Scottish League a while ago.

Pretty sure I said I think Leicester will be Europa League. And Aberdeen is more blind hope because I'm sick of Celtic winning it every year and that's part of the reason why nobody watches the Scottish League anymore.

That's because we have our first real top class manager since Rafa left. Klopp will get us back challenging for top honours again, I am sure of it.

Probably more because he's not injured any more. He was scoring for Rodgers too, and looking good at the same time.

As long as FSG backs Klopp in the transfer window... I'm feeling more and more positive.

*If only Rafa was backed then*

Why was chelsea staff telling Klopp to calm down at 1-1? I missed the incident but found it funny. Lucas, Skrtel and Sackho would be my pick for man of the match today but they all done well. Chelsea were poor but klopp said the other week its important to get teams who are maybe better than us down to our level.

http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/chelsea-fan-has-a-go-at-klopp-on-touchline-liverpool-boss-ruins-him-with-epic-reply-video/

He wasn't a Chelsea fan he is part of Jose back room staff. Great result yesterday I'm still buzzing, all I did yesterday was listen to reports and here about the reaction to Liverpool etc.

I think klopp will make us great again, not sure if we will win the league as it's very hard to win but he will get us to challenge but will take 2-3 years so let's calm down not get carried away. Klopp will be looking to put his ideas and put belief into the Liverpool team this season and maybe one or two players in January.

hopefully the anxiety and nerves when playing at anfield will soon be gone as this spreads to the players and hopefully we can create a great atmosphere again. I don't know how far klopp will take us but I'm not expecting anything other than a big improvement over next few seasons, able to watch football with a smile and excitement again but let's be patient.

Liverpool are not best in the league for beating Chelsea 3-1 away and we won't be the worst in the league if we lose to palace next week at anfield.

It's great having a passionate manager, he is funny and cool but as he says he can't run water into wine, it's going to take a few seasons as this is Rodgers squad and needs to change their mentality etc.

One thing I will say how great is it to see us at last having players in the opposition box, even Lucas gets forward it's brilliant we gone from having a lone striker in the box to having maybe 3 or 4.

Nope but it's not out of the ordinary for an unfancied team to be up at the top of table at this point of the season. It happens regularly, but inevitably they always sink down the table.

while true, we can total up going back to the beginning of march (so over about 26 games) and leicester are still in the top 4. i dont think theyll be there come end of season either, but it is quite a different situation to normal or to west hams (though you only have to look at the amount of goals conceded by leicester to see they arent at the same level as those around them)

If Leicester can have such great run of form with there average squad then I'm sure we can improve to mimic the same, Leicester rely on 2 players, with out them not sure they would be up there.. You can definitely see the players are starting to play with more confidence, think it proves how terrible Rodgers man management was.. With Chelsea starting so bad surly a top 4 place is a certainty this season.

Anybody know if we're allowed to recall Markovic? Would be good to get him back.

Not ready to be giddy just yet. We're still very reliant on two strikers who seem to be quite injury prone, and for Coutinho to have his moments of individual brilliance. I'd say fourth place would be a very good outcome this season and not one I'm expecting.

Anybody know if we're allowed to recall Markovic? Would be good to get him back.

I read Klopp did enquire but he can't come back until end of season.

Yup, pretty amazing to find Lucas up there with the chance to take a shot so many times each game