Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Liverpool thread 2015/16 - Klopptomaniacs

Klopp has got a harder job than when at Dortmund, unless we out spend City, Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea I don't see how Klopp will make a difference.. I think the best weapon is time..

Or about your ability to pick a good player.

Or yours...

If you're happy with his contribution then that's fine as you're entitled to your opinion. I expect a little more from somebody who has supposedly been one of our better players this season, and anyway, Lucas and Sakho have been far better this season. Can's put in decent shift so far today, but I'm still not convinced. He needs to be doing a lot more with the ball.

Can's easily the best player on the team in the 2 1/2 since Klopp took over, now that he's actually being played in a position that isn't solving Skrtel's screwups.

Think Lallana will be hauled off? Not sure if I've seen him play so poorly.

He finally got some decent service and BANG! Superb header.

Well done Milner you ****ing donkey. I guess he's happy now he's got his payback. ****ing ass clown.

And Can has been terrible in possession. I've lost count with the amount of times he has given it away or an attack has broken down with him.

Dunno if the players are quite fit enough to do 90 minutes of high pressure football. A lot of very tired players on the pitch.

Mane sent off? Mane sent off.

Spoke too soon. Mignolet back to old habits.

How was that migs fault? Assuming your talking about the goal.

Urgh. So ****.

I know it's never going to happen, but need upgrades/get rid of:

Mig

Skrtel

Moreno

Lucas

Milner

Lallana

Can (just not sure he's actually a very good footballer).

Mignolet just doesn't have any aerial attributes about him and rarely challenges for crosses and it can be costly.

was just thinking weve been better defensively today and not really flapped at anything like we usually do.

benteke should have started.

Urgh. So ****.

I know it's never going to happen, but need upgrades/get rid of:

Mig

Skrtel

Moreno

Lucas

Milner

Lallana

Can (just not sure he's actually a very good footballer).

Might get put into motion once January rolls by. By now Jurgen's probably starting to realise the dire state of the squad and how much work he's gonna have to put in to get them winning again.

Pathetic from Milner.

Can terrible and it pains me to say that.

We're so static going forward, way to many passes going backwards and sidewards. Sakho the only one wanting to go forward with a pass. Lucas was fantastic.

We looked infinitely better when Benteke came on. Really need to nurse him through big games until January when we can bring new players in. Badly need some pace in attack as well as its all one paced and easy to defend against.

Lucas is boss by the way, think he will become integral to the side under Klopp.

Not much has changed yet and it seems we dont have good enough player. Who did sign these players. Was it mainly Rodgers?

A few seasons of hopeless transfer windows does that to a squad. Not a quick fix in terms of finishing higher than 5th or 6th but you do have a good manager so just don't need to do anything drastic if there isn't instant top 4s

I am sure Klopp can get more of a tune out of this group of players given a bit of time too. With Chelsea being a bit hapless right now 4th is up for grabs and you never know

All looked a bit toothless first half and 50 times better when Benteke came on

We are a fair bit away from challenging for fourth to be honest, unless Klopp gets 4 or 5 new players in January who are suited to his style of play.

Rodgers left us in a bit of a mess to be honest and it's going to take time to fix it. Squad lacks leadership, mental strength, balance, pace, quality and experience. Apart from that it's great :D

Can did not play well, but you'd be a fool to want him out of the team

The whole team pretty wasteful tbh

We are a fair bit away from challenging for fourth to be honest, unless Klopp gets 4 or 5 new players in January who are suited to his style of play.

Rodgers left us in a bit of a mess to be honest and it's going to take time to fix it. Squad lacks leadership, mental strength, balance, pace, quality and experience. Apart from that it's great :D

I agree I just hope everyone realises that around the club and fans. This is a good appointment but this has been Souness levels of inepitude in the transfer market*

* well, not quite :D

Was really only Can's second half that was shocking as he tried to run through their whole team.

We so very badly need some pace in wide positions.

New manager it will take time, too many players are too similar and players are nervous on the ball we shoot from distance when pass was a better option and pass when should have shot close to goal.

However playing a rookie as a lone striker (we don't have much alternatives I know) and midfield too far away from him is daft and when we clear the line our furthest player forward is around 15 yards out own half.

When defending corners I like to see us leave a striker or 2 on half way line so we clear our lines and they can either run at opposition goal or hold the ball and wait for his team mates to support him.

Defenders if there is space carry on bring the ball out of defence, no need to get midfielders to drop deep and collect the ball from you.

Yes it's great we keep position but we play 30 passes keep the ball and end up closer to our goal than what we started with.

We attack too slow, nobody really looks to beat a man we just pass sideways etc and at times yes our keeper hold on to the ball too long but a lot of times nothing there for him we don't move for him.

We still play boring slow football. You wouldn't leave 2 Defenders against 4 strikers so why we playing a lone striker one with little experience and not very good against 4 defenders.

We have the right man it will take time just starting to hurt how we play and how West ham and Leicester player and watching them pull away from us.

It's amazing how quickly the crowd turns when something poor happens.

It's also something that Klopp wants to change.

Was sitting in 300 block in the Kop yesterday and the atmosphere was fantastic. Had a few friends in Anfield Road end and they said their section was poor. All about getting the whole ground involved.

I sit in upper centenary they always complain hardly encourage players. I will give you example I think ibe gave ball away cheaply we all groaned but he ran back and won the ball I clapped said well played for winning it back someone told me off saying wasn't well played he shouldn't have lost it in first place.

I tried to encourage team and players and sing Liverpool etc but a lot of people around me only say something when a player make a mistake and the crowd being nervous spreads to the players.

Southampton fans singing ground or team full or tourists thing is the locals moan more than they sing.

If you think you're going to see a pair of strikers under Klopp much, I have news for you. Probably best to not complain about it unless you want to for years to come.

Klopp has got a harder job than when at Dortmund' date=' unless we out spend City, Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea I don't see how Klopp will make a difference.. I think the best weapon is time..[/quote']

Did Dortmund outspend Bayern?

New manager it will take time, too many players are too similar and players are nervous on the ball we shoot from distance when pass was a better option and pass when should have shot close to goal.

However playing a rookie as a lone striker (we don't have much alternatives I know) and midfield too far away from him is daft and when we clear the line our furthest player forward is around 15 yards out own half.

When defending corners I like to see us leave a striker or 2 on half way line so we clear our lines and they can either run at opposition goal or hold the ball and wait for his team mates to support him.

Defenders if there is space carry on bring the ball out of defence, no need to get midfielders to drop deep and collect the ball from you.

Yes it's great we keep position but we play 30 passes keep the ball and end up closer to our goal than what we started with.

We attack too slow, nobody really looks to beat a man we just pass sideways etc and at times yes our keeper hold on to the ball too long but a lot of times nothing there for him we don't move for him.

We still play boring slow football. You wouldn't leave 2 Defenders against 4 strikers so why we playing a lone striker one with little experience and not very good against 4 defenders.

We have the right man it will take time just starting to hurt how we play and how West ham and Leicester player and watching them pull away from us.

What is concerning is how easy it is to get at our back 4. At one point it needed an amazing tackle from Moreno on Mane and that attack started deep in the Southampton half. I think Coutinho and Lallana can take on players but they seem to be crowded out too easily and take the wrong option too much. I have no idea whats happened to Coutinho its like he just doesn't pass much now and just shoots from 30 yards everytime.

Just read an article with Milner saying that we need to see out games or run the risk of developing mental problems with absolutely no mention it was him that ****ing cost us against Southampton. What an absolute ******.

Just read an article with Milner saying that we need to see out games or run the risk of developing mental problems with absolutely no mention it was him that ****ing cost us against Southampton. What an absolute ******.

He also put in a great cross for Benteke's goal, so that's a bit unfair tbh.

It was a good cross but Benteke made that goal, not like Milner put it on a plate for him.

Anyway, we need to actual score first more frequently to 'see out' games. I'd concentrate on that first.

I thought Milner was poor but it was a great cross to be fair. I thought our left back played well, he along with a few others need to improve their decision making. How do you guys think Lucas is doing under klopp? I presume Henderson will come in for Milner when fit although not sure where firminho will play but he looked good when he came on yesterday.