Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Liverpool thread 2015/16 - Klopptomaniacs

Whenever Skrtel's been involved, he's only been of use when heading the ball. Some of his headers have been great but with his feet he's been hopeless.

No mention of how poo Lallana has been either.

Like how competitive were being though, certainly makes a change.

It's odd how Lallana can perform for England but not for Liverpool. With any luck Klopp will work something out though cos if he can get Lallana playing how he did for Southampton/does for England, he could be useful. It's a bit like the David Healy Syndrome that Lafferty has for Northern Ireland right now.

he's giving 100% though. was impressed with him for england the other day in the free role, think he can be much better for us if he's injury free and a decent run of games.

Lucas rolling back the years

Milner is ****. Another way over rated Englishman.

Well he was a free transfer so not THAT overrated

Do Liverpool actually have a striker on the pitch cos whenever I see Origi he's way out on the left.

Sakho/Mig my man of the matches but quite a lot of players impressed me.

Lallana for his work rate and pressing. Can slotting into his natural position like a boss.

Would've taken that before the game, good result considering who's out injured.

Loving the intensity already, just need more time to click and get our better players back.

Way too many positives to list from that game. Hopefully that performance wasn't just the players being fired up for the new manager and it will continue

moreno was poor, can was really good. i'd have taken a point before the game so im content.

be nice to start getting some players back from injury like.

Considering how many players we had out, that was one hell of an improvement. Good start. Mignolet was fantastic, but I really loved Can's performance.

I'm over for the game next weekend and I'm already buzzing. Atmosphere will be back to its best, can already tell.

Sakho was boss today. Bar Skrtel making Kane look like a world beater like we always do, we actually coped with him well

Amazing how much better we have looked in the middle once we moved Milner out of there. Glad Klopp isn't sticking to Rodgers promise of playing him there.

Ibe looked great when we came on too.

how long as liverpool had joe allen? i didn't think he'd been there too long was surprised to hear he had 100 apps under his belt.

He was one of Rodgers' first signings I think, so at least 3 years.

10th August 2012 he signed according to Wiki.

Liverpool really need a fit striker that can actually play through the middle. Origi drifts out far too much leaving nobody in the centre to attack the ball and be a target.

Nice to hear a bit of criticism in a post match interview. No spin, just an honest critique.

It was an good effort today! Hopefully we get some strikers back soon Benteke + Sturridge since Origi just isn't ready.

Otherwise liked the setup and we definately played ok and actually looked like we had an gameplan.

It was entertaining encounter all in all...! :)

Was just going to ask, what is the general consensus on how you played today? Really wanted to catch the game, just couldn't wake up in time.

Got to say I find it funny that we'd have probably played about as well as that under Rodgers and he would have taken so much flak for it, yet everything is rosy now.

Having said that, its great seeing us play people in their actual positions, and I am delighted we have Klopp.

Was just going to ask, what is the general consensus on how you played today? Really wanted to catch the game, just couldn't wake up in time.

First 15 mins was brilliant, the majority of the rest of the first half was pretty bad, couldn't get out and Spurs dominated. Second half was better, fairly even though Spurs looked more incisive.

One more thing, despite Origi clearly not being a very good finisher (was very unlucky with his header today tbf), I do think theres something about him. Great poise and composure on the ball, picks the right passes and his runs are decent too. I think on the miscommunicaton between him and Coutinho towards the end of the first half, Origi had every right to make the run he did, as there was acres of space for him to go into.

Got to say I find it funny that we'd have probably played about as well as that under Rodgers and he would have taken so much flak for it, yet everything is rosy now.

Having said that, its great seeing us play people in their actual positions, and I am delighted we have Klopp.

I completely disagree. We've shown no signs of playing like a unit for the majority of the season. We out ran Spurs which happens to be the first time a team has done so this season. There's no way Rodgers takes a team with they many injuries and produces anything like that today.

He's had the team for 3 days and the commitment was twice as good as we've seen.

He's had the team for 3 days and the commitment was twice as good as we've seen.

That could just be new manager effect though, doesn't mean very much.

He was one of Rodgers' first signings I think, so at least 3 years.

10th August 2012 he signed according to Wiki.

Oh fair enough, he's never really been a starter has he? maybe that's why i'm suprised at his 100 Apps

That could just be new manager effect though' date=' doesn't mean very much.[/quote']

Fair point.

I completely disagree. We've shown no signs of playing like a unit for the majority of the season. We out ran Spurs which happens to be the first time a team has done so this season. There's no way Rodgers takes a team with they many injuries and produces anything like that today.

We beat Spurs home and away last season, and neither game was even close. We were probably second best today.

Last season was last season though?

Rodgers had completely dismantled any belief in this squad after the defeat to Utd last season.

Happy with today's performance given the new manager has had 3 days to work with them. You can already see signs of the type of side we are going to be and how compact we are as a team in comparison to Rodgers team. Promising signs and I expect a few more similar games this season as we drill and perfect our defensive game. Klopp is going to be very good for us.

Henderson, Firmino and Sturridge in for Lallana, Can and Origi and we will look a much better side.

Don't think Can will lose his place to any of those, he was great today.

I don't think he was to be honest. Looked slow and kept playing some awful passes back to defenders in dangerous situations. I hope I am wrong but I think he may struggle to play in Klopps system.

I thought the balance on the left with Coutinho/Can/Moreno was worth sticking with, even though Moreno had a tough game against Lamela. I don't think the right side had the same understanding.

Let's not kid ourselves that a Rodgers team would have performed that well. They wouldn't have chased and pressed that much:

liverpool-opponent-klopp_3364896.jpg?20151017145531

I thought he held the ball up well at times and he seems to be quite confident with it. Should improve a lot more with time.

Pretty quick too!

Yeah Origis pace surprised me a little bit and in general i thought he did well. Definitely something to work with that's for sure.