Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Liverpool thread 2015/16 - Klopptomaniacs

Firmino, Benteke, Markovic, Allen, Can, Sakho, Kolo to play in Swindon match today.

According to Barrett our starting line-up for the Stoke game next weekend will be:

1306473_Liverpool.jpg

Gomez over Moreno and Lovren over Sakho (Rodgers not a fan of how often Sakho is injured and would rather have the consistency of Lovren)

Also no DM.

Pretty funny that he thinks the lineup has been finalised that far in advance.

Consistently not good enough, but at least stays fit I guess. Lack of a DM would be an interesting approach if that team is correct though

The most striking omission from that line-up is Emre Can, and I can't see where he'd slot in without sacrificing another key player. Maybe swap him for Lallana and push Milner further forward?

Have taken an immediate shine to Firminho. Work ethic, awareness and technical ability. Also, that half sort of showed where Can should ultimately end up. As a forward thinking midfielder. It's easily where he's most effective. Ability to go past people as drives forward offers us loads of penetration from midfield. Should be challenging Henderson for that role for me. In theory, I like him a lot more.

In general I thought it was a good positive performance. First time I've been to a match for a while so was good to see how the players linked up up close and from a different perspective.

Benteke and Can looked great. Bogdan and Firmino seemed to have a few communication issues with the rest of the team. Lucas was very slow and gave away a lot of fouls and possession. Markovic just seemed on a completely different wavelength to everyone else and seemed to want a lot more time on the ball.

Markovic was awful Kent and Ojo really showed him up when they came on.

Was very enjoyable to be watching Liverpool live for the 2nd time. Cheers again CP for the ticket.

In terms of the game thought Firmino looked very talented albeit rusty and lacking fitness. Communication was an issue once or twice too. Markovic as mentioned was absent really. Lucas was sloppy. Thought the back 4 were good enough. The right back who I've not heard off didn't seem out of his element at all. Not outstanding, but composed and played well enough.

Benteke what a goal. Didn't look sharp most of the game then out of nowhere does that! As for the 2nd goal, from the view we had, I thought vigaroux just made a fantastic save. Look away and a couple of seconds later everyone in the away section is cheering! Was bizzare but glad to see a win so ill take it!

I never rated Markovic to be honest, he scored a few good goals, great volley against Sunderland that hit the bar but other than that hasn't done much.

Just checking the fixtures, we only have 2 Saturday 3pm KO until December.

Fantastic goal from Benteke, right in front of me too :cool: Markovic very poor as mentioned, as was Moreno IMO. Lucas all looked to be limping a bit at the end.

How many of those players travelled to Finland?

Don't think it's a surprise to see a few niggles and Allen with a hamstring injury considering they had 2 flights, a game and another game all within the space of 2 days.

He only scores goals like that against us, right?

Or league one teams when 3 defenders stand off him :brock:

How many of those players travelled to Finland?

Don't think it's a surprise to see a few niggles and Allen with a hamstring injury considering they had 2 flights, a game and another game all within the space of 2 days.

like none of them went to Finland or played in the match yesterday.

Rumours going round Sakho asked to leave the club. Brendan prefers Loren because of Sakho injury record etc. How did Sakho appear today, did he look happy or look like a player that wanted out?

Benteke and Liverpool...

Never fit the Liverpool system > not good enough > waste of money > better than Carroll > Oh god what a goal > he's amazing > we're gonna win the league > Lose a few before Xmas, Rodgers out > Benteke injured > appoint Dalglish > rebuilding starts > next season is our year...

Benteke and Liverpool...

Never fit the Liverpool system > not good enough > waste of money > better than Carroll > Oh god what a goal > he's amazing > we're gonna win the league > Lose a few before Xmas, Rodgers out > Benteke injured > appoint Dalglish > rebuilding starts > next season is our year...

Getting really bored of people coming in and posting this kind of ****.

Remember when I said Markovic is rubbish in here last year and people went crazy!

Glad the light has now been seen.

Rumours going round Sakho asked to leave the club. Brendan prefers Loren because of Sakho injury record etc. How did Sakho appear today, did he look happy or look like a player that wanted out?

Looked fine and happy today

Well I guess if Benteke can do that the system doesn't matter so much. Impressive.

I'm not convinced by our pre-season so far. No difficult opponents and we've struggled to some of the results. Hopefully it comes together next weekend.

If we lose Sakho without getting an adequate replacement we're pretty screwed. Lovren and Kolo just aren't good enough.

Getting really bored of people coming in and posting this kind of ****.

Thread title does set you up though 'The new era has begun'

Think I would look to loan Markovic out this season. The lad won't get enough games for us this season and we need to protect his value. A year in Germany or at a lower Premier League club would do him the world of good I reckon.

Spanish media reports that Adama Traore is on his way for a medical. I know literally nothing about him.

Spanish media reports that Adama Traore is on his way for a medical. I know literally nothing about him.

Can't see where he fit in with our large amount of wingers. All I know is that he is awesome on FM :D

Lloyd Jones has extended his youth loan deal with Blackpool until the end of the season.and Sheyi Ojo Set To Join Wolves On Season-Long Loan.

What is everyone expecting the line up to be against Stoke? I'm expecting the 4-2-3-1:

Mignolet

Clyne - Skrtel - Sakho - Moreno

Henderson - Milner

Ibe - Coutinho - Lallana

Benteke

I'd much rather if we went back to playing the diamond though and played Can in the DM spot bringing in Ings and leaving Lallana and Ibe on the bench. However the players that made the diamond so effective were Sterling Suarez and Sturridge.

I hate the idea of Milner and Henderson as a flat 2. Basically the same player and both have limited passing ability.

What is everyone expecting the line up to be against Stoke? I'm expecting the 4-2-3-1:

Mignolet

Clyne - Skrtel - Sakho - Moreno

Henderson - Milner

Ibe - Coutinho - Lallana

Benteke

I'd much rather if we went back to playing the diamond though and played Can in the DM spot bringing in Ings and leaving Lallana and Ibe on the bench. However the players that made the diamond so effective were Sterling Suarez and Sturridge.

New poster eh? Welcome to the Liverpool thread.

Get out, get out now while you still can!!!

Thread title does set you up though 'The new era has begun'

That was my choce halfwit, then again scum like you tend to take the mick at every chance so clear off if you are not gonna contribute.

From what I've been looking at regarding Adama Traore... it's alleged that when Barcelona B got relegated, Enrique told the whole team that they will never get into the first team.