Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Liverpool thread 2015/16 - Klopptomaniacs

Anyway I figure we should pick our best player for this month.

I'll go first.... I would say the best player for this month is Joe Gomez, he has actually surprised me with his consistency and did really well against two difficult teams.

holy ****! that scouse accent! I cant tell if he sounds more like carra or Gerrard..

Amazing how fast people forget about Leighton Baines, although injuries seem to have knocked him back over the last season and a half.

Yeah, well I think the injuries have set him back now. Before, I would of had him up there for sure.

Coutinho for me. Cracker against Stoke and then put off the keeper to allow Benteke an easy tap-in.

Hang on, we've got another game before the end of August, haven't we?

Where our luck finally runs out and a perfectly good goal against us isn't ruled offside, Lovren or Skrtel make one of their major mistakes, and at least one of our key players gets injured or sent off.

Harry Wilson has joined Crewe Alexandra on a youth loan until January 5.

Armin Hodzic scored yet again for Dinamo Zagreb too. Another of our ex-players who will be in the Champions League this year. No idea why we let him go :(

Probably because he's quite crap. He has some flair and talent in him but he's physically weak for Croatian league, let alone EPL.

His scoring record seems pretty great and virtually all the feedback I ever saw on him was that he was really good. But I guess you've seen a lot more of him than me.

Looks like Lucas is staying for a bit then. Hopefully this doesn't mean Henderson will be out for longer than first thought, but great news either way. Poor chap seems to have spent the majority of his time at Liverpool convincing the manager he's quite a good player.

Well Rodgers before the Arsenal match said on record Lucas is our best DM at least...

When Lucas is not injured, he played some blinding football for us with MOTM displays.... then Rodgers and his Allen hard on came along and he was forced to be back up when his crocked knees aren't a factor.

Didn't the Balotelli smear campaign start... when Balotelli signed for Liverpool?

When Balotelli signed there was plenty of optimism, I feel. Maybe it was hope. People thought they may have got themselves a good deal if he's on his game

Sadly, they didn't realise his game is long gone and he'll end up a footnote in those 'talented players that didn't fulfill their potential' articles in years to come

Just read you guys will more than likely be in pot 2 for the EL draw tomorrow. Schalke, Napoli, Marseille, Villarreal and Basel and possibly Dortmund, Ajax and Bilbao depending if they get through will be in pot 1.

Hopefully get some of the bigger teams tbh but I'll take anything that isn't in Western Europe.

Hopefully get some of the bigger teams tbh but I'll take anything that isn't in Western Europe.

Looking forward to a trip to Kazakhstan are we?

Marković off on loan. Hmm...

So that's £36m of signings out on loan, my god, we really are mugs when it comes to any kind of transfers.

Not surprised Markovic is off, we have plenty of front 3 options outside of him, he's not really set the world alight last season or in pre-season (honestly he was sooo on a different wavelength in the Swindon game)

He's still young though, so a loan to get his confidence up and some playing time when playing time here is going to be limited, could be good. Or it's a precursor for selling him and he joins Aspas, Illori and Alberto as committee buys that Rodgers just hasn't fancied.

Buy him for 20m, never play him even close to his natural position, loan him out and keep Lallana. Shrewd work.

Markovic probably would have done as much or more than Lallana if afforded the same chances in his best position. Stick Lallana at wingback for half a season and he'd look miles out of place too.

He probably wouldn't. As shown in any of the times he did play in that position. Him playing at wingback was the only time he started to look remotely useful as a player. Prior and since then he's looked very poor as a wide man in our 4-3-3

And come on, you really think Rodgers is just outcasting him because it was a committee transfer, and not because he's fully assessed whether he's good enough or not, and whether the player is happy not playing regular football?

And come on, you really think Rodgers is just outcasting him because it was a committee transfer

How many times is he going to assess these "committee" signings only to find that they aren't good enough?

Not that Rodgers is any better in identifying the right player but at least he can say that the players that failed were down to him.

How many times is he going to assess these "committee" signings only to find that they aren't good enough?

Not that Rodgers is any better in identifying the right player but at least he can say that the players that failed were down to him.

Coutinho and Mignolet were committee signings, and although I'm sure there's some politicalness going on with him saying he wants more control over signings as evidenced this summer and the whole Balotelli situation, I really don't think he would outcast a promising player just to make a point.

Lallana's done a hell of a lot more than Markovic.

lollana has been a shambles. he's 27, settled in this league, cost 25m and was supposed to hit the ground running. he's spent half of his time injured and the other half cruyff turning it out for a throw in. he is ****.

would much rather have lazar in the squad. potentially a lovely footballer. doesn't look like it's meant to be though and sometimes that's just the way it works out. nevermind.

do think it's ridiculous that we buy a talented player like him, let him have that tough first season bedding in and adapting (made tougher by being played at right back at times) only for us to then shun the possibility of reaping the rewards of him having that bedding in season (and toughening him up by making him defend a lot) by sending him to some second rate league without even giving him any game time.

would have offered him to southampton or someone like that if we really must loan him.

I really don't think he would outcast a promising player just to make a point.

I agree but he must be banging his head against a wall, having these players come in, only to send them back out again.

Markovic's price tag isn't helping this situation, pretty sure Rodgers has made his mind up about him already, loan him out and hopefully not lose too much money when Markovic is moved on.

I agree but he must be banging his head against a wall, having these players come in, only to send them back out again.

Markovic's price tag isn't helping this situation, pretty sure Rodgers has made his mind up about him already, loan him out and hopefully not lose too much money on when Markovic is moved on.

I think he would have had more chances if Ibe hadn't broken through, Ibe stole his spot really. We'd have Lallana/Firmino/Coutinho/Sturridge as the wide options and then development time given to Markovic. But Ibe moved ahead of him in the line and now there's a choice of either bit part appearances for a 21 year old, or let him go on loan for experience.

If his price was more like £7-£10m I think people wouldn't be so bothered about him going on loan, it's the hype that came from Benfica fans plus the price tag that meant we were expecting him to do more. It's not like he's shown anything more than Ibe or Lallana on the pitch.

I'd accept that if it didn't smack of incredible short-sightedness from everyone involved in the day to day running of the squad. Everyone has known Ibe (and Sterling when he was first breaking through) were always going to push for a first team spot eventually. So the question is, if they knew that, why did they sign a player who wasn't all that much futher along in his development for £20m (not to mention a well overpriced average player for £27m) when in 12 months time either he or they would be the odd man out and moved on on the cheap?

The same decision makers that thought Balotelli would work I guess. The committee and its targets have all seemed really random. Markovic was like third choice behind Konoplyanka and Salah, who both also would have been terrible buys by the looks of things.

do think it's ridiculous that we buy a talented player like him, let him have that tough first season bedding in and adapting (made tougher by being played at right back at times) only for us to then shun the possibility of reaping the rewards of him having that bedding in season (and toughening him up by making him defend a lot) by sending him to some second rate league without even giving him any game time.

would have offered him to southampton or someone like that if we really must loan him.

I'm sure he was offered around lots of places for the loan but the only place that would cover the wages would be somewhere like Turkey. He's on a good wage as part of his bumper signing fee with us, and I doubt any of the bottom half of the Premiership would take the risk for the wage amount, same with Balotelli and no doubt for Enrique and Borini too.

Markovic is only 21, his first season in the EPL. And he has certainly shown a lot of glimpses of what he is capable of.

Way more than what Lallana does(ie stepovers that do absolutely nothing)

Rubin Kazan, Bordeauz and FC Sion. Not a bad looking group that.

I'e got a trip to Bordeaux already booked, hopefully it doesn't clash with Liverpoo's trip there.