Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Liverpool thread 2015/16 - Klopptomaniacs

I want him to stay, would be great coming in for these tough away games where we need a proper defensive midfielder.

That wave did worry me though.

I think that should be a priority. Getting a dominant DM.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Grzegorz Krychowiak!

Been really annoyed at Ibe's form since the start of the season. Ineffective for the first two games and last night he just wanted to saunter around as if he had all the time in the world. A couple of times he was screamed at by team mates for giving the ball away which lead to Arsenal hitting us on the break. Wouldn't be surprised if he loses his place for a good few games now.

Worth remembering that Gomez is not even a FB. He is a CB. Doing excellent.

Also, he's moved up a division and doing perfectly fine. It's like the premier league isn't some mystical world after all that only 'experienced' players can play in or overseas imports

Clyne has been great too, I guess bring in enough Southampton players one of them is bound to turn out good :p

And Benteke, any worries on him being Carroll mk. 2 due to his price are gone for me

Unlike Carroll, he actually uses his strength and size to effect. Amazing how many high balls he won. I guess Chambers isnt that good, but he still totally bullied him every chance he got.

Ibe is young and learning, but yeah he has been poor (a long way off being the next Sterling as some predicted). Although Lallana and Firmino haven't really done much better in the same role - so some of it might be tactical.

Firmino looked good at times last night, he's quite quick too which is where Lallana falls down so badly. Ibe is trying too hard, needs to come off the bench for a few games (hopefully to better effect than last night :D)

Firmino seemed rather weak at times. Lost the ball quite easily from challenges

Coutinho started like that. It just takes time adjust to the physicality of the Premier League.

Been really annoyed at Ibe's form since the start of the season. Ineffective for the first two games and last night he just wanted to saunter around as if he had all the time in the world. A couple of times he was screamed at by team mates for giving the ball away which lead to Arsenal hitting us on the break. Wouldn't be surprised if he loses his place for a good few games now.

I actually heard that, wasn't Can's booking because Ibe gave it away and he stopped the counter? I just remember him being like "JORDAN?!"...

I also remember someone else screaming "Jordan" at the top of their voice when he gave it away... :D

I missed the game so just wondering obviously prior the game we would have been happy with a point but with how it planned out and chances we had are you guys happy with a point or disappointed it wasn't 3 points?

On the balance of it a point was about what the team deserved. Unlucky not to score in the first, lucky not to concede in the second (also Arsenal's offside goal in the first half should have stood).

Based on 1st half, we really should have been up even with the disallowed goal. But Arsenal passing was really scary in the 2nd... so I believe a draw is still a good result

Mignolet song, to the tune of Lion Sleeps Tonight:

He's our keeper, our Belgian keeper. Called Simon Mignolet.

He keeps clean sheets so we avoid defeats, He's Simon Mignolet.

A Mignolet, a Mignolet, a Mignolet, a Mignolet, a Mignolet, a Mignolet a Mignolet a Mignolet.

Really happy with a draw and a clean sheet.

Still can't believe we've had 3 clean sheets in a row.

Conceded as many goals in 3 games as Arsenal have scored at the Emirates this season who would have thought that and last season we conceded 10 goals against two of the teams we have played. Amazing what difference it makes when you have good full backs who don't get caught out of position ;)

I would always play a DM shame Brendan said Lucas is our best DM but he often doesn't want to play with a DM, I would always play a defensive midfielder.

rossiter is way too young to be involved in a game like this though, he'd offer nothing.

What has age got to do with what he can offer?

Mignolet song, to the tune of Lion Sleeps Tonight:

He's our keeper, our Belgian keeper. Called Simon Mignolet.

He keeps clean sheets so we avoid defeats, He's Simon Mignolet.

A Mignolet, a Mignolet, a Mignolet, a Mignolet, a Mignolet, a Mignolet a Mignolet a Mignolet.

I knew of the song but didn't know the words. I love it haha :D I stuck up for Mignolet last week as someone next to me said he is the worst keeper we have ever had. I have always believed he is a good keeper, ok his kicking and throwing isn't the best but he is still a lot better than people give him credit for.

Bench is most pleasing thing as its a strong bench we have great squad but don't understand why we don't give Ings a chance like last night with 15 mins to go.

Great performance from Lovren last night. He appears to be growing in confidence with each clean sheet.

Ok, experience then.

And how do players get experience? By being given a chance.

I actually was at the game last night - took some clients so was in the Arsenal end. Thought you were great in the first half, and actually held up pretty well in the second half after Arsenal improved. Personally didn't think Benteke was that great last night ( and I love the guy) but he seemed to make some strange runs. I did enjoy him barging through about three Arsenal players on a run in the first half.

I'd also forgotten how effective Jimmy Milner is. So under-rated imo.

I'd also forgotten how effective Jimmy Milner is. So under-rated imo.

Lies, he's rubbish tactically and technically. Can't bring the ball out from the back, can't pass the ball through the midfield or anything.

All aboard the hype train! Choo Choo!

Nearly as good a defender as Kolarov, the sky's the limit!

And how do players get experience? By being given a chance.

Yes, wrong time to give him a chance, which was my opinion before the game.

Thankfully he did ok and wasn't put under any real pressure. Still think it was a risk though.

I think it was a big risk bringing him on, but he's our 6th choice central midfielder and I'm guessing we didn't want to change the formation.

Great performance from Lovren last night. He appears to be growing in confidence with each clean sheet.

Think Carra had it well summed up when he said the whole back line has improved their positioning which will result in better individual performances. Lovern on two/three occasions covered Strkel extremely well which was down to the above

I still think Lovren is lucky more than good. He looks like a ricketts waiting to happen. But as long as we're keeping clean sheets fair play to him, and the defence as a whole.

Even Hyypia and Henchoz had times when they needed a ******** of luck to avoid conceding.

Nearly as good a defender as Kolarov, the sky's the limit!

Kolarov known more for his attacking play than his defensive play tho :D

Where do we stand on the Kovacic transfer, heavybass?

Kolarov known more for his attacking play than his defensive play tho :D

That's the point, the fact it has Kolarov marked down as the best defensive left back in league shows maybe you shouldn't get too excited too soon. Admittedly having Sterling ahead of him instead of Silva/Nasri has made a big difference as well, maybe he wasn't that bad after all!

Armin Hodzic scored yet again for Dinamo Zagreb too. Another of our ex-players who will be in the Champions League this year. No idea why we let him go :(

Kolarov for me is so underrated. Best LB in EPL for me. Well, I have him, Bertrand and Azpi tbh.

Amazing how fast people forget about Leighton Baines, although injuries seem to have knocked him back over the last season and a half.