Liverpool thread 2015/16 - Klopptomaniacs

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got tickets for Liverpool/Barca. Will be my girlfriends first ever live football game and we're sat right in the heart of the Wembley Kop. She's in for a treat!

Haha I got mine this morning to. I paid £40 but think there are only £80 tickets left. Section BK 112 row 20. German keeper won't play and don't think Neymar is either as both in the olympics while coppa America won't long be finished but will still be good though as season starts week later.

Haha I got mine this morning to. I paid £40 but think there are only £80 tickets left. Section BK 112 row 20. German keeper won't play and don't think Neymar is either as both in the olympics while coppa America won't long be finished but will still be good though as season starts week later.

I'd imagine at that point in the season though we'd get as strong teams as they'll be able too. I think we're playing a friendly the next day against Mainz so the team may be split, but we should have the stronger side I would of thought.

We are playing 7th August day after Barcelona yeah so as you say the fringe players won't be at Wembley I imagine. Charity shield is also following day on 7th August.

Anderlecht's Samuel Bastien is getting linked to us as well. Never even heard of him. :D

We've opened up negotiations too for 4 million.... which is a shame because it's not ****ing Tielemens

tl:dr Ayre is **** and we need a DoF.

Not convinced that's the best solution because Leicester, Atletico, BvB and Southampton have had moderate success. Plenty of other successful clubs without that model.

Honestly it's hard to tell - I think where FSG thought they would have experts to rely on for the football side at above manager level they've quickly learned that they couldn't identify those people - and learning to probably isn't that easy. As a result they're probably assuming with Klopp that he's able to not only coach the team but advise the practices he wants in place to give him that success.

I don't think there can be any doubt our training facilities are absolutely top quality so it's simply a case of our talent identification having the biggest question marks considering we're much more miss than hit when it comes to the transfer market of late.

Where would he even go? Theres no space for him at any of the English clubs we'd sell to, nor is there at Bayern, Barca or Real and I can't see him going to any Italian club other than Juve so that just leaves PSG and Juventus pretty much. I say this with no knowledge of who is apparently after him.

Where would he even go? Theres no space for him at any of the English clubs we'd sell to, nor is there at Bayern, Barca or Real and I can't see him going to any Italian club other than Juve so that just leaves PSG and Juventus pretty much. I say this with no knowledge of who is apparently after him.

Roma? Who will likely lose Pjanic to Juve

Dortmund? who are bing picked off right now, especially if Gotze doesn't go back.

Both can build around him too

Dortmund? who are bing picked off right now, especially if Gotze doesn't go back.

I reckon Liverpool would have a much better chance of signing Gøtze than Dortmund, his desire to stay & fight for a starting place at Bayern means that I'd expect his contract demands to be significant as he will be a free agent next summer if Bayern stick to their position of not wanting him.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a cheeky €10m bid for him.

I reckon Liverpool would have a much better chance of signing Gøtze than Dortmund, his desire to stay & fight for a starting place at Bayern means that I'd expect his contract demands to be significant as he will be a free agent next summer if Bayern stick to their position of not wanting him.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a cheeky €10m bid for him.

He recently fired his agent, which is why the initial early agreement with Liverpool collapsed. Not sure if it was coincidence that it was shortly after Liverpool lost the final. If was his agent driving the high demands in the first place, with Bayern (for renewal) and then Liverpool. He wasn't popular at Bayern (the agent)

I'd back us to keep him over him going to Roma. Presumably they can't match us wage wise and he still wouldn't be competing for a title really. Dortmund perhaps, also a sure fire way to end up at Bayern too.

Full list of released players:

Tom Brewitt

Daniel Cleary

William Marsh

Ryan McLaughlin

Alex O'Hanlon

Kristof Polgar

Jose Enrique

Kolo Toure

Samed Yesil

Bold for the names most will know. Shame for Yesil that his injuries killed his development - ditto for McLaughlin.

Full list of released players:

Tom Brewitt

Daniel Cleary

William Marsh

Ryan McLaughlin

Alex O'Hanlon

Kristof Polgar

Jose Enrique

Kolo Toure

Samed Yesil

Bold for the names most will know. Shame for Yesil that his injuries killed his development - ditto for McLaughlin.

Add

Andy Firth

Josh Dobie

Callum Nicholas

Kane Lewis

Jack Matts

Owen Wheeler