Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Liverpool thread 2015/16 - Klopptomaniacs

P.S. If we want Bertrand, we'll get him. Don't kid yourself about that being just for money either.

I can just picture Bertrand rejecting us now...

"But I get to play 6 games in Europe next season!"

MLG somehow found a way to bring his blithering nonsense to the Celtic thread as well just because we hired Rodgers :D Weird guy.

I think its pretty close as the league table shows.

Position - 6th vs 8th

Scored - 59 goals vs 63 goals

Conceded - 41 goals vs 50 goals

Points - 63 points vs 60 points

League games - 1-1 and 3-2 not in Liverpool's favour

If anyone claims they is a large gap in quality in Liverpool's favour, then it is them who'd have trouble justifying it based on all the evidence this season. Really not a lot between the two clubs in player quality, which given Liverpool's spending & wage budget they should be disappointed with.

Haha, this post is just class MLG. Dking the argument isn't over until MLG says so, no matter how hard you try!

I think its pretty close as the league table shows.

Position - 6th vs 8th

Scored - 59 goals vs 63 goals

Conceded - 41 goals vs 50 goals

Points - 63 points vs 60 points

League games - 1-1 and 3-2 not in Liverpool's favour

If anyone claims they is a large gap in quality in Liverpool's favour, then it is them who'd have trouble justifying it based on all the evidence this season. Really not a lot between the two clubs in player quality, which given Liverpool's spending & wage budget they should be disappointed with.

If you can actually last more than 2 games in europe and have to play 3 games a week for a big chunk of the season then it will be interesting to see how the two clubs compare next season. Us without Europe to contend with will more than likely see us competing at the top end of the table while you lot slope off back down to mid table.

If you can actually last more than 2 games in europe and have to play 3 games a week for a big chunk of the season then it will be interesting to see how the two clubs compare next season. Us without Europe to contend with will more than likely see us competing at the top end of the table while you lot slope off back down to mid table.

- We are now guaranteed at least 6 games in Europe in 2016/17.

- We had 4 games in Europe in 2015/16.

If we are knocked out in the group stage as I'm guessing you think we will, then its only 2 games different. It won't have a huge impact and there is a good amount of depth to our squad now compared to last summer during qualifying.

Is that the depth which saw you dumpstered 6-1 by us is it?

He already replied to that and will have another reply ready.

Its league games which show the real quality, not one off cup games where we didn't have a number of important players. Over a 38 game campaign, we were ever so slightly better. Not a lot between the clubs in terms of quality in 2016. Given the history of Liverpool that may be hard to accept, but that appears to be reality in terms of football in 2016.

The argument isn't over until he says so.

Is that the depth which saw you dumpstered 6-1 by us is it?

See...

Its league games which show the real quality, not one off cup games where we didn't have a number of important players. Over a 38 game campaign, we were ever so slightly better. Not a lot between the clubs in terms of quality in 2016. Given the history of Liverpool that may be hard to accept, but that appears to be reality in terms of football in 2016.
He already replied to that and will have another reply ready.

Divinity likes to ignore things which negate his point.

- We are now guaranteed at least 6 games in Europe in 2016/17.

- We had 4 games in Europe in 2015/16.

If we are knocked out in the group stage as I'm guessing you think we will, then its only 2 games different. It won't have a huge impact and there is a good amount of depth to our squad now compared to last summer during qualifying.

Aye and the 4 you had in 15/16 where pretty much done BEFORE the season started not during the season :p

Aye and the 4 you had in 15/16 where pretty much done BEFORE the season started not during the season :p

Exactly. It's an entirely different world although I still expect them to get out of the group stages.

See...

Divinity likes to ignore things which negate his point.

You can't talk **** about depth when the depth you claim you have got utterly shredded in the game in which they were on display, by what wasn't remotely our first eleven either. It's not 'negating' the point at all, it's you literally talking out your ass.

Probably works by understanding that the word 'literally' as been used in place of 'figuratively' for centuries to add emphasis.

I like how missing 1 first choice goalkeeper causes a team like Southampton to concede 6 goals in one match

Every time I see Divinity arguing, it just reminds me of that thread when he was adamant that a keeper playing less games has a better chance of keeping more clean sheets than a keeper playing more games :D

What utter drivel is that that you're waffling on about? Go back and enjoy relegation you clown.

Divinity is always really touchy. You'll notice after a couple of posts he just insists on insults. Makes me wonder whether he's proud of winning the internet :lol:

Every time I see Divinity arguing, it just reminds me of that thread when he was adamant that a keeper playing less games has a better chance of keeping more clean sheets than a keeper playing more games :D
What utter drivel is that that you're waffling on about? Go back and enjoy relegation you clown.
Bit touchy about that I see :lol: :lol:

I remember it, he even admitted he was wrong at the time. Now he has forgotten it.

He's also amazingly bad at reading the tone of a post. I think he still probably believes I think De Gea should be in the PFA team of the year :lol:

You've lost it :D

Edit: This was in response to Divinity's now-deleted meltdown.

I didn't twist anything. I just recalled something that happened. You should have just laughed it off.

I am being dense here but what's the major craziness about DDG being in PFA Team of the Year? OK, perhaps not but it's not the most insane thing in the world of has something whooshed over me?

Meanwhile whilst all the Antis have gone crazy and most of us are not giving a ****.

Karius is having a medical, triggered his release clause of 4.7 million.

Goetze is off

Staying with Carlo

And fired his agent for trying to force through a Liverpool move.

Disappointing for us, but give the noises Gotze himself was making (being noncomittal about his future) at least there's some clarity now with a clear statement.

Yeah disappointing but at least it wasn't due to our own faffing about this time and he's not chose another team over us (well, he's chose Bayern ofc but you know what I mean).

Would've been a lot of attacking midfielders to keep happy too.

Hopefully we will focus on our weaker areas now.

Karius seems to have been confirmed. :)

I'm not convinced by what I've seen of him, but I'll trust Klopp's judgement as it's probably a little more educated. Videos of him don't make him look amazing.

I'm not convinced by what I've seen of him, but I'll trust Klopp's judgement as it's probably a little more educated. Videos of him don't make him look amazing.

I've watched full Bundesliga matches and he looks convincing enough to me.

He's also only 22, I don't doubt Mig starts the season as Number 1. It will be his to lose.

Happy with this signing, he looks like a proper goalkeeper.

I've watched full Bundesliga matches and he looks convincing enough to me.

I watch more Bundesliga than EPL and he is solid but Horn would have been a better option and has a £6m buy out

there a lot of quality keepers in Germany Klopp knows his onions though

As we're going into the transfer window it's probably a good time to request for the 4713th time that you not regurgitate every ****** rumour you read as if it's a fact.

Very happy we didn't go for Gotze, would of distracted us from our real problems. Two left-backs.

I watch more Bundesliga than EPL and he is solid but Horn would have been a better option and has a £6m buy out

there a lot of quality keepers in Germany Klopp knows his onions though

I agree that Horn was possibly a better option but he is rather unconvincing in the air and after Mignolet, we should not go and buy such a GK again.

As long as the new guy is reliable and does his job with minimal fuss, I think that's all Liverpool need right now. Unspectacular but consistent would be a welcome change after a season of Mignolet and Bogdan.

He's also only 22, I don't doubt Mig starts the season as Number 1. It will be his to lose.

More likely migs starts the season tbh karius likely to be at the olympics with germany.

I'll be pretty disappointed if this puts the brakes on Ward's development.