Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Liverpool thread 2015/16 - Klopptomaniacs

moreno gonna get lynched by everyone i fear. can got shown up at the top level, lallana did nothing again..., firmino either 10/10 or 0/10 and for once i agree with username^^^ sturridge's pace has totally gone, i hope its just phychological as he's definitely our best striker!

good news: moreno gone, mignolet gone, new midfielder and centreback already signed, enough basis to work from and 3/4 quality signings and i'd hope to cement top 4 on merit next season.

moreno gonna get lynched by everyone i fear.

Owen and McManaman have destroyed him.

Kolo Toure's game by numbers vs Sevilla: 100% tackles won 18 clearances 5 aerial duels won 5 blocks 3 interceptions

Pretty sure anyone will get shown up with Milner as a CM partner.

doesnt excuse the abysmal passing while under less pressure than he anticipated... and milner has been a boss in the run in, yeah he had a few dodgy games early on but his numbers speak for themselves! and for a free?! people need to lay off...

...as ive been saying, get the spine sorted out and we've got half a chance. gk, cb, cm and maybe am (along with moreno ofc).

Kolo Toure's game by numbers vs Sevilla: 100% tackles won 18 clearances 5 aerial duels won 5 blocks 3 interceptions

forget torres, fowler, alonso etc... first mancrush ive ever had is for KOLO!

he truly has been a superhero :D

Klopp: '1-0 half time is usually good. Second half - first goal not good but not a problem. But then came the problem.'

Klopp: "Their first goal is not the problem, what happened then is the problem. We were not compact for a second."

Klopp: 'We have had some wonderful situations (past 7 months) but not tonight. We couldn't reach our level.'

Klopp: 'I promise everybody we will use this experience and come back stronger. One hundred percent.'

Klopp: "If we want to get to the highest level then we need to be ready to fall deep. It's a big chance but it's not our last chance."

Klopp: '1-0 half time is usually good. Second half - first goal not good but not a problem. But then came the problem.'

Klopp: "Their first goal is not the problem, what happened then is the problem. We were not compact for a second."

Klopp: 'We have had some wonderful situations (past 7 months) but not tonight. We couldn't reach our level.'

Klopp: 'I promise everybody we will use this experience and come back stronger. One hundred percent.'

Klopp: "If we want to get to the highest level then we need to be ready to fall deep. It's a big chance but it's not our last chance."

what a man

please can we have him at OT we will throw in LVG..Fellaini and hell why not depay too:D

no European footy next season might be a blessing spurs/Leicester will get stretched due to UCL do you think we will improve??

Chelsea rebuild city too so fancy top 4 is on for you if not a challenge depending on who he brings in

and see lots of posts knocking milner, he has been great all season send him with klopp to OT as well:brock:

Brief thoughts as I've just got home and it's 7:30am:

Referee was complete ****, especially first half. Two very clear penalties not given and some baffling foul calls.

Moreno returned to form and was Sevilla's motm.

Emery plugged the tactical holes down their left well and they were as dominant in the second half as we were in the first, but they took chances.

That result hurts.

doesnt excuse the abysmal passing while under less pressure than he anticipated... and milner has been a boss in the run in, yeah he had a few dodgy games early on but his numbers speak for themselves! and for a free?! people need to lay off...

...as ive been saying, get the spine sorted out and we've got half a chance. gk, cb, cm and maybe am (along with moreno ofc).

He is still a square peg in a round hole. Clearly shown tonight.

The same about Moreno, i though Riise was a bit dodgy as a defender "back in the day" but he was like Maldini in comparison to Moreno.

Brief thoughts as I've just got home and it's 7:30am:

Referee was complete ****, especially first half. Two very clear penalties not given and some baffling foul calls.

Moreno returned to form and was Sevilla's motm.

Emery plugged the tactical holes down their left well and they were as dominant in the second half as we were in the first, but they took chances.

That result hurts.

tbf I think the referee didn't make a wrong decision all game. Moreno, on the other hand, made many a bad decision and was absolutely abysmal. Surely LB is a position Liverpool will look to strengthen next season. A first team LB coming in plus a Joe Gomez back from injury should improve the options available!

Journalist on Talksport (not sure who, but one of the broadsheet writers I think), commenting that there was some form of trouble outside the ground with some fighting between Liverpool fans and others (not sure if it's locals or Sevilla fans)...the journo is mainly blaming Uefa for the location and type of ground selected.

Klopp: "we lost shape and we were nervous in defence. That shows our development is not as good as hoped.

Klopp: "In this moment, I am responsible for this performance. There is no criticism and I have spoken to my players.

Klopp: "We lost faith and it's not enough for the final."

Klopp: First half was ok, we deserved the 1-0. Sevilla played a lot of long balls to avoid our pressing game.

Klopp tactical mistake with Milner and Can in centre. Totally getting overrun. The 2 Brazilians were totally off as well. Can't stand Lallana but at least he was pressing well. Would have taken Coutinho off at that point

I thought Coutinho was absolutely anonymous, didn't seem to be on his game at all.

Disappointing, the nature of that 2nd goal just seemed to knock everyone sideways

Coutinho was poor, Firmino too. Think Klopp has got a lot of this side and would have liked seeing him in Europe next season but will be interesting now without Europe and having more time to prepare and what he can do

Moreno should have been hauled off within a minute of the second half. Absolute car crash material. Literally lost for words at how bad he was.

Hopefully those stat praising Milner have studied his game last night as that's the best example of why he's not good enough to start, let alone captain this club. Often left Can isolated in the middle, who also had a poor game by his standards.

Coutinho/Firmino both as bad as each other, neither seemed to want to get involved which left Sturridge isolated. Also agree regarding the lack of pace with Daniel, he's either reluctant to go at 100% sprint or he's lost it. Prime example in the left channel in the second half when he lost more ground in a 1v1 sprint, he would have been in otherwise.

Wish we had Kolo 10 years ago. He's incredible and it's not hard to see why Arsenal were dominant at the back when he was there.

Lovren reverted back to car crash material. Often caught out of position. Unaware of their striker making runs behind him. Kolo bailed him out on a few occasions. What was that pass into the middle to Can for their third all about? Ridiculous.

Personally think we should have had two penalties as there was hardly a time their hand wasn't in a unnatural position. Soft but rules are rules and you need those decisions on the big stage.

Great to get to two finals as its showcased exactly what Klopp is capable of which has brought the fans together for the first time since Rafa's run. However, you're not a fan if that result didn't hurt or isn't hurting today. Gutted.

A lot of work needed but thankfully we have the right man in charge and for the first time in a long time, I have confidence he'll get it right.

Quick mention to those fans who have spent 1000's to get there last night, credit to the club. 3-1 down in the 90th and still singing away.

Glad the season is over, I need a break from that.

Where do we go from here then? No European football next season. I don't even know how we will attract players this summer. Good job we've got Klopp who can play a big part in that. Maybe no European football is what we need. We won't need a massive squad either so can see a big clearout.

We've got a lot to clear out regardless and I think Klopp's got big plans in the transfer market based on what he's said. He's also said that players who were only interested in Champions League he didn't want, so it doesn't change much for us in that regard. I don't know how much shift we'll see before the Euros, but time will tell I guess. Not having midweek games should help us immensely - look how close we got last time that happened..

We've got a lot to clear out regardless and I think Klopp's got big plans in the transfer market based on what he's said. He's also said that players who were only interested in Champions League he didn't want, so it doesn't change much for us in that regard. I don't know how much shift we'll see before the Euros, but time will tell I guess. Not having midweek games should help us immensely - look how close we got last time that happened..

Once people get over this defeat, I think everyone will see that.

This Kolo love in :D The amount of times he lost Gameiro in the box. Great recovery tackle but lucky that Gameiro's slow as.

Same people who loved Skrtel 13/14 because they were deceived by his goal-scoring ability that season.

Both can't defend. Man City got rid years ago for a reason. You have to be ruthless otherwise Liverpool won't compete again. Too old sorry Kolo & not top class. Goodbye.

This Kolo love in :D The amount of times he lost Gameiro in the box. Great recovery tackle but lucky that Gameiro's slow as.

Same people who loved Skrtel 13/14 because they were deceived by his goal-scoring ability that season.

Both can't defend. Man City got rid years ago for a reason. You have to be ruthless otherwise Liverpool won't compete again. Too old sorry Kolo & not top class. Goodbye.

What an ignorant post.

Gameiro isn't slow.

Nobody said Kolo was top class. He's just rolled back the years recently and had a great game in the final.

Skrtel was voted player of the season in 2011/12 and it wasn't because of his ****ing goals you clown. He was also once regarded as one of the best defenders in Europe and highly sought after by top clubs.

I think most people here understand that Kolo no longer has a future here and neither does Skrtel, we're also very aware that a major culling needs to happen, but thanks for your incredibly insightful post. We'll all take it on board and mull it over :rolleyes:

What's wrong with his comments?

Speaking in the St Jakob Park mixed zone to Sevilla's radio station, as reported by Estadio Deportivo, Moreno said Liverpool had been on top in the first 45 minutes, but by the end Sevilla were the better team and had deserved to win."Congratulations to Sevilla," Moreno said. "We played a good Europa League. We've had a good season, but have not been able to lift a trophy.

"We were better in the first half, and had more chances. It's true that they rolled over us in the second half. They came out flying, and scored three times in 20 minutes. They were the better team. They deserved to win the trophy. We must just lift our heads and think of next season."

He doesn't deserve to speak after his performance. Hell, shouldn't even have been allowed to play after his pre match comments

Daniel Trickett-Smith sign today with Sacramento Republic FC on a free-transfers.

He was **** and (partially) cost us the game but his comments are fine.

Indeed, he won't be here next season anyway so its a moot point.

I don't think it'd be a disaster if we kept him, just as long as we got another better left back. Whether he should be first choice can't be up for debate any more but I think he still has value as a squad player...depending on what position Klopp sees Joe Gomez playing.

I don't believe he can really be that brain dead in defending. As soon as I see the ball being rolled forward for the attacker and Moreno coming to defend, I know he's going to do his usual throw 2 legs in tackle and hope for the best.

Frigging moronic

Mignolet - Out

Moreno - Dear god if he still cant do basic defending. Out

Clyne - In

Skrtel - Out

Sakho - Banned for god knows how long

Toure - HERO

Lovren - In

Can - In

Henderson - In

Firmino - Has to improve consistency. In

Coutinho - Same In

Lallana - Still not enough output besides the pressing and cruyff turns going nowhere. Hopefully Gotze can come in and relegate him to squad

Allen - Squad

Leiva - Still useful. Squad.

Milner - Stay out of CM. Squad.

Ibe - Has to work much harder. Squad.

Ojo - Will improve much further I'm sure. In

Ings - Excited to see him in Klopp tactics. In

Sturridge - Our best finisher even if he cannot break into a strid. In

Benteke - Can't even be counted on to win headers when he is brought on to do so. Out

Origi - Improved dramatically since Klopp has arrived. In

So hopefully we have this Karius or whoever to take over Mignolet. We still need a decent left back. Lovren and Matip will be out starting pair. Will need another centreback depending how long Sakho is out for.

So hopefully a better CM, and some winger for different formation.

Striker wise I assume we will have many false 9s

This new keeper we are supposedly getting, Karius from Mainz, looks decent. Reminds me a bit of Pepe Reina in the way he distributes the ball and moves around the box. Apparently only costs £5mill too which could be a nice bit of business.

Reports suggesting we wont be keeping Markovic. Wasted if true. Thought he might fit in well with Klopp

Markovic - Deserves a chance. In.

Balotelli - Out

Bogdan - Out

Sakho could well be out as well depending on how long he gets banned for.

I'll be really surprised if Sakho gets more than 6 months due to precedent - and I suspect they'll back date it to when he was stood down.

New GK / Ward - ( Karius / Horn / Hart )

New LB / Flano - (Hector / Chilwell )

Matip / Lovren

New CB / Sakho / Gomez. ( Rudiger , Tah )

Clyne / Gomez

Can / Grujic

New CM - Henderon - Piotr ( Dahoud )

Coutinho / Bobby/ Youth

New CAM / Lallana / Ojo ( Gotze )

New Winger / Origi ( Brahimi , Sane )

Daniel / New Striker / Ings ( no idea )

Out :

Migs

Moreno

Skrtel

Lucas

Luis Alberto

Stewart

Texerria

Allen

Milner

Benteke

Balotelli

Loan :

Ibe

I'm pretty sure that Sturridge, Origi and Firminho are going to be the main forwards so I'm not sure where that leaves Ings. I think we're all pretty sure that Benteke is out.

I think Origi will be our main striker ahead of Sturridge. Honestly have no idea who he views as integral, who he views as one for the future, and who's up for sale.

e: I don't think for a second Firmino will be played as a striker. Behind one, yes - no chance he's there again short of another ridiculous injury shortage.

Volland sign yesterday with B. Leverkusen on a five years contract.

I think Origi will be our main striker ahead of Sturridge. Honestly have no idea who he views as integral, who he views as one for the future, and who's up for sale.

e: I don't think for a second Firmino will be played as a striker. Behind one, yes - no chance he's there again short of another ridiculous injury shortage.

I'm predicting Ings will be ahead of Origi.

Big mistake not keeping Markovic.... Serbs usually do well in Bundesliga and German mentality

Big mistake not keeping Markovic.... Serbs usually do well in Bundesliga and German mentality

Markovic isn't coming back from the loan spell?

Markovic isn't coming back from the loan spell?

There are reports suggesting that we are not... as VamPook posted earlier