Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Liverpool thread 2015/16 - Klopptomaniacs

Thought he struggled with a few crosses but his distribution is far far better than Mignolet and he had a few great saves.

Yeah would be nice to see Ward get a couple more starts in remaining games. Pity we never really killed it off in the second half. Sturridge unlucky not to get a second but no one else in our squad has the ability to pull a shot out of nowhere like he does.

I'm probably in the minority and even I probably argue against myself in my head about this. I was really disappointed with Sturridge yesterday. It just seems like everything he's trying to do is spectacular. He's not willing to just do the basics. I know it's harsh to say this about someone who scored and assisted, but the chip, the backheel, the shot from halfway. I just want him to get in the box and shoot at goal to be honest. It'll be great when it works, and to some extent the backheel did as we got the assist. But he seems to really struggle to just take a shot at goal, from inside the box and put it in the net.

Also, Ibe frustrates me a lot. He slows down the play so much for someone with his pace. Everytime he gets it, it seems he needs to stop, set himself, square up with 1 or often more defenders and try to take them on. It kills any kind of break we have and allows a defence to organise itself.

The rest of the team I was really happy with. Ward gave a really good first impression, Allen was sensational in midfield. It amazes me that Klopp gets so much more out of him than Rodgers, when he was Rodger's chosen one. Ojo looks really good and shows many of the qualities I'd like to see from Ibe. Another solid performance from Smith, while Randall was ok but a bit shaky at times. For the squad we put out there, can't really ask much more than we got from them

6 goals in his last 7 or something like that ainnit?

Can't really argue with that... especially since he also hit the post twice

I've thought that about Sturridge for a while myself. He never strikes me as a team player. Why I'd much rather we're starting with Kane at the Euros.

Klopp was infuriated when the first question he was asked in the press-conf after the game was about Sturridge.

the runs he was making yesterday and even for england the other week were exceptional. we (and england) have no one who can see that early ball or even play a classy through ball. i dont blame him being selfish sometimes when he finally gets given the ball tbh.

Europa League finalists will only get 9000 tickets each, out of capacity of 35,000

Possibly looking at going to the Liverpool/Newcastle game next week and driving there. If I do what's the best parking within close proximity of the stadium?

its at your own risk really, you cant really park close because of permit holders. you could try the asda on queens drive but its a good 10-15 min walk from there. or the town centre and get a taxi.

Last time I went by car we parked at a school next door to Goodison and walked through Stanley Park. Probably about 10 mins away too.

That XI I reckon absolutely nails it. Would have Itandje in there but criteria apply I guess.

Kvarme was awful as well.

Who would make the bench? Le Tallec? Cheyrou? Nunez?

If there was such a thing as the Gerrard role of talisman and inspiration in the worst XI, Cheyrou would be my go-to. He was spectacularly awful. Probably not helped by Houllier's suggestion he was reminiscent of Zidane, which got my hopes up.

He might struggle because of a lack of appearances, but I thought Sean Dundee was worthy of inclusion in this dream team.

And while we're on the subject, Harry Kewell's ratio of good games for us (1 per season was my assessment) would make him a must for me. We've certainly had worse players, but few were as bone idle and underachieving (for their level of skill) as he was.

Phil Babb, John Scales? Perhaps a bit harsh.

Definitely harsh, weren't both of them integral when we finished second one year?

Kewell call is ridiculous. Had his injuries not been so poorly managed by the club it wouldn't have been a problem.

Yeah there has been a lot worse through the doors.

Who would make a post 2000 cult xi? Kuyt captain of course, then Biscan, Litmanen, Garcia, Maxi? Aurelio?

Definitely harsh, weren't both of them integral when we finished second one year?

Kewell call is ridiculous. Had his injuries not been so poorly managed by the club it wouldn't have been a problem.

Ridiculous? I don't think so. Can you remember many good games he had for the club? You could probably count them on one hand and, as I said in my original post, it was a criminal level of underachievement for someone with his ability.

Yeah there has been a lot worse through the doors.

Who would make a post 2000 cult xi? Kuyt captain of course, then Biscan, Litmanen, Garcia, Maxi? Aurelio?

Maybe Smicer? Though he was as universally adored as most of those. Kolo has to be there. Dudek I guess? Reina probably too good for a cult team.

I think Dudek's heroics in Istanbul make him exempt from that kind of team!

I'm almost willing to give Traore a pass on a similar basis.

It's interesting that the suggestions so far seem to focus on players who weren't the most naturally gifted - I was stunned to see Kuyt get a mention above - where as I have a lot less time for those who could/should have been better for us than they were.

In fact they belong of the same headless chicken footballer species

Didn't realise Rafa gets to come back Anfield....

Too bad we're gonna beat them 3-0 this time :p

I think Dudek's heroics in Istanbul make him exempt from that kind of team!

I'm almost willing to give Traore a pass on a similar basis.

It's interesting that the suggestions so far seem to focus on players who weren't the most naturally gifted - I was stunned to see Kuyt get a mention above - where as I have a lot less time for those who could/should have been better for us than they were.

Think you're getting mixed up with the separate cult/worse discussions.