Sports Interactive Community
heavybassX

Liverpool thread 2015/16 - Klopptomaniacs

Hard to get rid permanently when their existing wages don't justify their form/ability and neither the player or buying team can split the difference, especially in Balotelli's case (and to a lesser extent, Borini, who seems perfectly content to sit in the reserves earning moolah).

Would take a draw right now if you offered it to me.

7 points from 9 with two tough away games out of the way would be bloody fantastic.

Bib theory suggests Can, Lucas, Milner midfield with Benteke up front with Coutinho and Firmino behind him.

Back 4 unchanged.

How accurate is bib theory these days?

It's normally pretty good. But I think today will depend on if Henderson passes a late fitness test.

I was really hoping to see Milner-Henderson

Which was the trio you rubbished in pre-season? Wasn't it Milner-Lucas-Henderson? or Milner-Can-Henderson?

Pretty much anything Milner Henderson as the two CMs. Wouldn't matter who is in front or behind it they're just so similar with the same fault. Not convinced Can is much of a DM currently or yet even though I do like him I just think he'll suffer most from having a really odd skillset and no clear position.

I think Can is in the same mould as Henderson and Milner and best played as box to box midfielder but I think all three will move all over the place across the season, and that's why Rodgers likes them, versatile, hard working, good engines, physical, can pass, can dribble, can tackle and all have great professionalism off the field.

I'd gladly finish 5th every season if we started those three in the middle of the park for the next 3 seasons.

I think Can is in the same mould as Henderson and Milner and best played as box to box midfielder but I think all three will move all over the place across the season, and that's why Rodgers likes them, versatile, hard working, good engines, physical, can pass, can dribble, can tackle and all have great professionalism off the field.

I'd gladly finish 5th every season if we started those three in the middle of the park for the next 3 seasons.

Issue with Henderson and Milner is a bit like when Arsenal try Ramsey and Coquelin together whilst there is nothing that much wrong with either's passing or ability to build up play together there is just too little for it to work. If pressed they'll struggle and if a team is well organised they could struggle to pull their midfield apart.

I liked Can as they third CB in a back three a lot last season he is a bit like Alaba in that he can make that work such is his versatility.

I think Can behind them in games where we'll be pressed, or Coutinho in front when we need to break other teams down should be pretty effective when playing teams outside the top 4. The front 3 is more of an issue for us than the middle three. (getting the most out of Benteke, does he have a partner, who plays wide, Lallana is in poor form and Ibe is raw etc.)

I think when playing teams in the top 4 it won't really matter what we do, on an individual player level we just don't have the same quality.

I think Can behind them in games where we'll be pressed, or Coutinho in front when we need to break other teams down should be pretty effective when playing teams outside the top 4. The front 3 is more of an issue for us than the middle three. (getting the most out of Benteke, does he have a partner, who plays wide, Lallana is in poor form and Ibe is raw etc.)

I think when playing teams in the top 4 it won't really matter what we do, on an individual player level we just don't have the same quality.

Yeah I can see that I just think Milner and Henderson just don't know and on some levels can't deal with it as it just has never been their thing. They're very dependable runners really. Lacking both in technique and tactical knowledge of how to deal with those situations.

I agree on your front three. You have a lot of options but very few of them make sense together. Presumably you've written off Sturridge? When do you reckon Firmino is going to get some starts?

I agree on the quality issue but I think good set ups can go a long way to fixing it or rather make up the difference.

Neither of them are lacking in technique or tactical knowledge at all - you're barmy. Seeing either of them as all-rounders who just do lots of running is fine by me, means nobody else will rate them and try and buy them from us.

Front three will depend on how will Benteke is doing as a lone striker by the time Sturridge is back, and how long it takes Firmino to settle.

I think you might well see Benteke with Sturridge behind and Firmino/Coutinho as the wide forwards against weaker sides this season, once Sturridge is fit. It's a bit too attacking against top 4 sides, but if it really clicks he might even chuck it at them (cue loads of games finishing 6-2 and 5-4 :D)

Neither of them are lacking in technique or tactical knowledge at all - you're barmy. Seeing either of them as all-rounders who just do lots of running is fine by me, means nobody else will rate them and try and buy them from us.

Front three will depend on how will Benteke is doing as a lone striker by the time Sturridge is back, and how long it takes Firmino to settle.

It isn't barmy at all. It is the ability to know where to stand and how to move and find the right space to help get the ball from defence and it is the technical ability to move away from pressure or to make those even harder passes to get it behind their midfield. It is different from saying they're both tactically and technically poor it's just those situations they will be found lacking in.

For instance it is why Coquelin isn't very good at all as he is pretty inept in all aspects of this.

Those situations are their strengths, and Can's too. Milner and Henderson's assists and key passes last season were a lot of those situations to get it behind the oppositions midfield, and Henderson especially is great and picking up or winning the ball deep or in the middle of the park and creating space for himself. So yeah, you're barmy.

Those situations are their strengths, and Can's too. Milner and Henderson's assists and key passes last season were a lot of those situations to get it behind the oppositions midfield, and Henderson especially is great and picking up or winning the ball deep or in the middle of the park and creating space for himself. So yeah, you're barmy.

Yeah this is nothing to do with assists and key passes. You clearly don't agree but look out for struggling build up play you'll certainly see it with those two together

I'm pretty sure I watch a lot more of us than you, so maybe just wind your neck in and stop trying to sound like you know what you're on about eh. The whinging gooners thread is that way ->

I'm not comparing you to him, BUT Sid1984 in the United thread clearly watches every game they play and still knows literally nothing about football.

Just sayin', watching more doesn't necessarily mean you know more.

Why oh why does every debate have to end in telling someone to feck off and stop disagreeing with them? It's a discussion forum, you're allowed to discuss things.

I'm not comparing you to him, BUT Sid1984 in the United thread clearly watches every game they play and still knows literally nothing about football.

Just sayin', watching more doesn't necessarily mean you know more.

At least he stays in his own thread and doesn't wander in to others to try to them the finer good and bad points of their players. Because, well, that would just be ridiculous.

Why oh why does every debate have to end in telling someone to feck off and stop disagreeing with them? It's a discussion forum, you're allowed to discuss things.

Every debate doesn't. Some do. Deal with it.

Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez, Can, Lucas, Milner, Coutinho, Firmino, Benteke

Bogdan, Sakho, Moreno, Rossiter, Ibe, Origi, Ings

Do one you nancy!!!

:D

who was it you called son a few months ago CP? that was hilarious, sounded like my old biology teacher.

Benteke must like the look of Arsenal's centre-backs tonight.

Rossiter on the bench over Markovic, ha. Is he another 'outcast' now?

Ibe / Moreno cover for the wings, no need for Markovic. Rossiter is cover for CM.

Rossiter on the bench over Markovic, ha. Is he another 'outcast' now?

One is a CM, other is a winger? More about Ibe than Rossiter.

Lucas in from the cold \o/

Be interesting to see Firmino and Coutinho link up, just hope they don't get pushed too far backwards and leave Benteke isolated.

Won't have a better chance to beat Arsenal.

Big boost with their main two cb's out so let's hope we set up right and take our chances.

I really like the lineup despite me thinking we'll miss Henderson. Grown in confidence after seeing the teamsheet.

I await a 4-0 thumping :(

Such a typical Liverpool game, spend all week with no hope of winning and am happy to accept and expect a loss, then something changes and there's a glimmer of hope, and now the game will be stressful as hell to watch!

One is a CM, other is a winger? More about Ibe than Rossiter.

rossiter is way too young to be involved in a game like this though, he'd offer nothing.