I need some help from Lower league managers.

Okay here is the thing. Ive been a manager of Boreham Wood for the past 3,5 years. At first season we got promoted from skrill s/n to skrill premier. After that we have been a mid-table team in skrill premier. However I havent been too concerned about that, because our financies got up about 200k per season, and our player budget kept growing.

In the beginning of 4th season we went professional. Our player budget almost doubled, but that is not enough. players ask for lot bigger wages now, and I cant even offer them part time deal anymore. However I was able to create a pretty good squad, because most of our players had a part-time contract till the next summer. But what happeneneds in the next summer? We are currently 7th in the league, and in good form atm when 20 fixtures are yet to play, so promotion is not impossible, but still I would say unlikely.

So if we dont get promoted how the hell am i going build my squad. Our top players ask for 7k (euros I think) wage in month... the once who still have part time contract, and our player budget is 64k. If our budget doesnt magically double to next season I have to pull a miracle to keep the team up. (Our financies not looking so good this season).

I have played lower league teams before (l2 or other nations) and got them up, but I have never started with semi-pro team. Can I do anything about this, or should I just look for another team? I really wouldnt want though.

Oh btw im playing fm14, I always buy every other fm that comes out. :)

If ever I get a situation like that (I prefer doing lower league teams) so it comes up a fair amount: I usually go around 200-300 less a week with the promise of a promotion wage increase of around 20-30% and a yearly pay rise of 20-25%. 8/10 it works for me and the players are happy to sign new deals.

Well for example David Viana who has been by far our most important player currently has 3,7k/month part-time contract. Which is pretty expensive as it is for PT. Now he ask for 7,25k/month + horrible appearance fees etc, and that already includes a promotion wage rise 30%. Of course I can negotiate it down, but still its a good example.

Will wait to summer till I make contract renewals, in the hope of they not asking that much.

Look to youth.

I'm challenging for promotion in Conference South with 4 of my starting 11, 16 year old's on £5 per week.

This is a bit extreme as i'm doing the 'academy challenge' where you cant sign any players and can only use your own academy players but it opens your eyes to the fact you can compete on a tiny budget, pay top dollar for your first 11 if you like, but no reason why at least some of your back ups cant be youth players, they wont let you down and its cool to see them develop :thup:

yea id suggest having 5/6 players you think you can do without and then build around them using youth players and any released players but always wait until the summer when you can see the league you are going to be in

Archived