Takeover transfer embargo - how long is too long?

Sorry if this has been covered - I tried searching to no avail.

I am currently under a transfer embargo because my club is in the process of a takeover. I have had many takeovers over many iterations of the game, but the current transfer embargo of more than a month seems excessive and I am starting to worry (one of my coaches has been given more time to finalise his qualifications for more than a year now and I'm pretty sure a bug is at play)

Indeed, I have already seen one takeover collapse the day after the embargo was put in place. I understood an embargo was used at the very final stages of the takeover process, and it strikes me that more than a month under embargo is neither realistic no good business practice if transfer targets are slipping away because of it...

What is the longest embargo other users have seen?

Ended up being seven weeks and a couple of days before the embargo was lifted - and all for a consortium who injected zero capital into the club.

In other news, my coach is still unable to pass his course, and every week I get notification that he has been given more time to complete it. I'd sack him just to get rid of the messages, but he's a 5 star coach and I only have two of them...

Archived