Sports Interactive Community

Hi, I'm making a lot of new playable legues (nations) here -> *click* and I found the problem. There is a limit of leagues (nations) which is 69. When you randomly select 69 leagues everything is working but selecting one more cause crash dump at start. Why the hell someone made this limit?! Is there a way to get around?

Check it if you want to see http://www.mediafire.com/download/tny7bczsrwlhfuq/70+playable+leagues+by+Sangue+Blu.7z

The game doesn't have 69 leagues limit. I am running much more at the moment, around 90 if i remember correctly.

So, there is something else wrong in your game.

edit:

Don't know if it handles user made leagues differently though.

I'm pretty sure that there is a limit of leagues (playable nations). Claasen (another patcher) has the same problem -> click here and search "69 nations".

Ah, that could be, i don't think that i have tried that many nations. I am running around 40 nations with around 90+ leagues (can't remember the exact numbers).

I will test adding more than 69 nations at some point to see what happens.

There's a limit on the number of edited files being added I think.

Might be worth raising as a bug, but I'd be extremely surprised if it was something they'd fix. Assume it's there because loading any more edited files will cause instability.

Yeah it is a known issue. It has to be restricted at this time I'm afraid, but we're hopeful at some point we'll be able to alter the system to allow this.

Yeah it is a known issue. It has to be restricted at this time I'm afraid, but we're hopeful at some point we'll be able to alter the system to allow this.

Ok but when? It's important to me right now.

I'm disappointed, I planned to make a playable leagues around the world. Now it does not make much sense.

I think it still makes sense.

I think that most people don't have computer that could run all the leagues at the same time (at least on a speed that would be tolerable).

For example i have a strong PC and for me the about 40 countries (with lowest possible leagues, making it 90+ leagues) is still playable, but i wouldn't add much more countries as it would probably get too slow to play.

So, if you make playable leagues all around the world, it will still allow people to use 69 different countries and i would assume that is more than enough for just about any PC at the moment.

I'm disappointed, I planned to make a playable leagues around the world. Now it does not make much sense.

Neil's answer was that it has to be restricted, so it may not be an easy fix. Stability is important, so you can see why it's necessary.

As Hunter says, I imagine it's not something easy to fix or a 'bug' per say. Probably something to do with core programming of the entire game as opposed to something fixable with a patch.

Neil's answer was that it has to be restricted, so it may not be an easy fix. Stability is important, so you can see why it's necessary.

I choose all the nations that I made + others which I downloaded from other people. Then I choose the right size of database (80k-160k) and mostly the highest leagues. Of course the vast majority is not playable (only on the preview). During the game I can add or delete playable leagues and I haven't any problems with game speed and stability. I just dont buy these explanations about it. This lock (or error) interferes with the formation of the completion of the whole world but apparently no one cares if so many years ago, it is still the limit.

I choose all the nations that I made + others which I downloaded from other people. Then I choose the right size of database (80k-160k) and mostly the highest leagues. Of course the vast majority is not playable (only on the preview). During the game I can add or delete playable leagues and I haven't any problems with game speed and stability. I just dont buy these explanations about it. This lock (or error) interferes with the formation of the completion of the whole world but apparently no one cares if so many years ago, it is still the limit.

I'd probably take the explanations of the people that actually make the game to be honest. And saying the bolded part is blatantly missing the point - sure you can add leagues, but you can never go beyond this limit, because to do that you would have to load more edited files in, which you can't, because it'll crash before you even start the game.

So exactly what part of the explanation don't you "buy"?

I am running 93 nations in this save, works pretty well/fast. (150 leagues from 93 nations)

I'd probably take the explanations of the people that actually make the game to be honest. And saying the bolded part is blatantly missing the point - sure you can add leagues, but you can never go beyond this limit, because to do that you would have to load more edited files in, which you can't, because it'll crash before you even start the game.

So exactly what part of the explanation don't you "buy"?

That part saying it has to be restricted for some mistery reason (since may years) and "stability is important, so you can see why it's necessary".

I am running 93 nations in this save, works pretty well/fast. (150 leagues from 93 nations)

We're talking about custom files with playable nations from editor data.

That part saying it has to be restricted for some mistery reason (since may years) and "stability is important, so you can see why it's necessary".

So you're saying that they're undertaking some kind of conspiracy to block more editor files? Rather than there just being a bug in there that they either can't/won't/haven't got found to fixing yet? Is it really hard to believe that there is a technical limit on how many files you can add? Seems pretty reasonable to me from a technical stand-point.

So you're saying that they're undertaking some kind of conspiracy to block more editor files? Rather than there just being a bug in there that they either can't/won't/haven't got found to fixing yet? Is it really hard to believe that there is a technical limit on how many files you can add? Seems pretty reasonable to me from a technical stand-point.

No, not conspiracy and maybe this is reasonable for you but for me they just dont care and testifies to the fact that is not a informing popup but usual crash dump.

No, not conspiracy and maybe this is reasonable for you but for me they just dont care and testifies to the fact that is not a informing popup but usual crash dump.

A pop-up would suggest a design decision, or that they've already confirmed that it's something they're not going to fix. A crash dump suggests it's something uncaught - for now at least - and probably something that they're aware of. They've already confirmed that earlier in the topic. But being aware of it and actually fixing it are two wildly different things. For the reason why they haven't fixed it, have a pic'n mix from any of the following reasons - they haven't found a solution yet, it's too risky to touch at the moment, it's not important enough to fix.

Reducing what you wrote, they know it (since years) but they wont fix it because it's not important enough to fix :) Dont bother to explain this, I know how it works and what is important to make more sells. I just started this topic because I planned to make playable nations for whole world, I made 70 for this time and I got senseless crash dump. We have the answer from Neil Brock and I dont expect it will be fixed in the next FM.