Very sad the EIHL was not included. I would have bet money that the EIHL would be amongst the first playable leagues added via an update. I really really hope it's in the next one, EHM2007 for my EIHL fix for now, but the old rules are a little off-putting.

I can't imagine it being all that easy to code the changes to the EIHL and EPIHL since EHM 2007. The cup games are an integral part of the British game and these will need to be included - so it's almost like adding four leagues rather than two (i.e. EIHL + Challenge Cup + EPL + EPL Cup).

I can't imagine it being all that easy to code the changes to the EIHL and EPIHL since EHM 2007. The cup games are an integral part of the British game and these will need to be included - so it's almost like adding four leagues rather than two (i.e. EIHL + Challenge Cup + EPL + EPL Cup).

Especially in the EIHL having to include the gardiner and Erhardt conferences plus the league

• SI Staff
How much is 2007 after the demo finishes ??

The 2007 version hasn't been purchasable for many years now, we could no longer sell it after a certain period of time after the original release.

And yes, implementing different leagues can get quite complicated depending on how complicated the league structures are, so even if people really wish to see them in the game, it may take some time to get them included.

Thanks for letting me know about this if and when the British League is in the game what leagues will they be ?? As i really want to start with my local team Billingham Stars.

The 2007 version hasn't been purchasable for many years now, we could no longer sell it after a certain period of time after the original release.

And yes, implementing different leagues can get quite complicated depending on how complicated the league structures are, so even if people really wish to see them in the game, it may take some time to get them included.

Riz, would it be possible to include EIHL + EPL as playable leagues under 2006 ruleset whilst the new structures are not programmed? Not the ideal situation, I know, but it's something, at least better than playing EIHL on EHM2007 :-)

• SI Staff

In the 2007 game, all the leagues were hardcoded, meaning the way each league worked was actually coded on a league-by-league basis. That meant the game could only support that one hardcoded set of rules for each league and any changes to league structures/rules had to be changed in code. So even if you created historical databases with historical start date and team/player data, you were still stuck with all the leagues running exactly like they were coded to run without the ability to change that.

As you may have noticed, the new game has done away with all the hardcoded leagues and instead all the leagues are implemented in the database itself as sets of rules on how to setup and run the league. This allows different databases to have the same leagues playable but with different structures/rules. For example, check the historical 2006 default database for how differently the leagues work compared to the default 2014 database and its playable leagues. The importer currently adds these rules into the new format database based on what rule set you have defined in the import config (2006 or 2014 sets are currently supported). I'm sure that once people understand what a major leap forward the new system is (and what doors it opens for future expansion of the game) they can really appreciate it.

So no, it is not currently possible to just lift the old rules from the old code as pretty much everything relating to the leagues and how they are run in the game has been re-written. What I am doing is converting the old hardcoded leagues and their rules/structures into the new database driven formats and obviously for some leagues it takes more time. But the upside is that most of the leagues do actually share a lot of the rules and structures with other leagues, so once those rules have been implemented in the new gamecode, those kinds of leagues are fairly easy to add as playable leagues (for example the leagues in the last update).

I'm sure that once people understand what a major leap forward the new system is (and what doors it opens for future expansion of the game) they can really appreciate it.

For those of us who have played EHM 2007 over the years, this single feature is such a big deal. With EHM 2007 we have always been stuck with the hardcoded league structures and this was particularly an issue following the NHL's recent alignment. Once an editor is available (a long way off yet IMO), it'll bring a whole new level of customisation and make a big difference to people creating DB updates.

For those of us who have played EHM 2007 over the years, this single feature is such a big deal. With EHM 2007 we have always been stuck with the hardcoded league structures and this was particularly an issue following the NHL's recent alignment. Once an editor is available (a long way off yet IMO), it'll bring a whole new level of customisation and make a big difference to people creating DB updates.
And (eventually!) it'll allow for improved retro databases!

I've returned to work on the 1974 database, and along with others I'm working on an improved 1998 database! I'm really excited about the potential for improved retro databases :cool:

Archived