Error in nation rules

aemud

Hi all,

I recently got again into FM after a period of a few years of not playing and after awhile I wanted to try and recreate my fantasy league from FM '12 (which didn't work out great at the time) and for certain effects (like making playoffs 1 v 4, where 4 go 2v2, then 1v1 then against the potentially relegated team) requiring the advanced options.

Without further ado, I just want to mention that the verification with the advanced rules is a big hedgy and giving off nation error rules that almost never repeat in the same manner (sometimes it finds too few teams in a division, sometimes too many, sometimes 0 are relegated whilst 5 promoted, sometimes 0 with 13, sometimes 7 with 0 - in any case, it seems like nonsense to me since it doesn't give off consistent errors and, unlikely, sometimes it just passes the validation check (without my modifying anything), as if the previous 10-20 errors have been misjudged - as is the case in point with the attached file which verified the 4th level after 20 attempts and no changes.

One other thing I observed, in an earlier reiteration of the version, is that despite having selected neutral (and later changed to ask comp for neutral, because reasons) stadia for my cups' finals, the game just picked a home team and the final played on its stadium, in blatant contradiction to the rules in the editor.

Finally, I just would like to say that any help and/or pointers as to why such things might happen (capriciously, too) and how can I work around them.

Many thanks!

File

the validation process does not work correctly your excellent examples are proof of that it is pointless having it it doesnt work and never has I am not using fm15 at this stage given up on it as the editor is very poor, previously I never used this option just ran game on holiday for a few years to see what happens

as you say it picks up things that have no bearing...but misses issues that crash game only way to be sure was to run in game (i dont know if that is an option now, unless you can save a file without validation then run test in game)

This will be a tangent by now, but better to not open a new thread; the cups I've made for the competition, in advanced mode, always play their final at one of the teams' home grounds, irrespective if I choose the stadium to be neutral, national or the dozens other options in the editor.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Archived