Unable to change squad status

I'm just starting my second season at Barrow, but I'm having problems with squad status. At the very beginning of the game I could change squad statuses through the appropriate menu, but for the last seven months or so I've not been able to do so. Everything is greyed out and unclickable except 'Not Needed' and the player's current status. Did I do something to mess it up, or is it linked to semi-professional clubs or something? Or a bug?

The most likely explanation is that the squad status is locked to the player's contract type

What contract type is the player on? (Non-Contract, part-time or full-time)

What's the player's current squad status?

or is it linked to semi-professional clubs or something?

Yeah, you can only do it with players on professional contracts.

I'm on a new game in the Faroe Islands and was wondering the same thing a couple of weeks ago until my club turned professional; the players to whom i gave new contracts are all able to have their squad status altered as normal whereas the ones still on semi-professional terms only have 'Key Player' and 'First Team' available

It's the entire lot of them actually, and even the players who are on 'rotation'/'back-up'/Hot Prospect etc. can't be taken off that status (except for 'Not Needed'). I have the FM Editor, and so for double-checking sake, I tried putting them on 'Part-time' and 'Full-time' contracts via that, but it makes no difference. (They are all technically on part-time, since that's the only option I was given when negotiating)

It's the entire lot of them actually, and even the players who are on 'rotation'/'back-up'/Hot Prospect etc. can't be taken off that status (except for 'Not Needed'). I have the FM Editor, and so for double-checking sake, I tried putting them on 'Part-time' and 'Full-time' contracts via that, but it makes no difference. (They are all technically on part-time, since that's the only option I was given when negotiating)

If your team is semi-professional, you can't offer full-time contracts, only part-time or less.

Thanks for replying everyone, but that's still not quite what I meant.

awulfclark: Yeah, I know, that's why I used the FM Editor to put them on full-time contracts, since I know you can't give them full-time technically. Obviously, I switched it back later once I was done checking, but even while it was on 'full-time', I couldn't make any changes.

Cougar2010: It's not true that I don't have backup players. When I came into the club, there were several players on 'back-up' and 'rotation' status, and I can sign new players on those statuses. It's just that I can't change any status once a contract has been signed, even months down the track. For example, I can't promote a rotation player to First Team, nor demote a Key Player to First Team.

Archived