Sports Interactive Community
KRS2119

Carey Price won't sign

Not sure if working as intended, but basically, after 4 Cup winning seasons, Carey Price has staunchly refused to even talk contract with me throughout the season, despite me having enough cap space to throw 15+ million at him. After a week on the FA market, he's not attracting any attention from the AI either. Is this the equivalent of FM's "player wants a new challenge" thing?

You will frequently see this: "Players not wanting to negociate their contract during the season, especially if they are bound to enter free agency".

To an extend, this is not a bug and is somewhat realistic. I could agree that if you threw a ridiculous amount of money at him, unless he's really unhappy, he should accept right away.

In my new saves, I tried offering Gustav Nyquist multiple long term contract scenarios:8 years, 6 years. All with good money..

Anyway, he didn't want to sign to anything less than 1.9 millions per year for 2 years.

But he refused my 6 year offer of:

First 2 years: 1.9 millions

Year 3-4: 4 millions

Year 5-6: 6 millions

I can understand the during the season part, but we're now two weeks into free agency and he doesn't want to sign with anyone, not just me. In fact, no one's even making an offer other than me.

Cam Fowler and Paul Stastny both received multiple offers, and when I tried signing them, their salary demands were 8 mil+.

I can understand the during the season part, but we're now two weeks into free agency and he doesn't want to sign with anyone, not just me. In fact, no one's even making an offer other than me.

My bad, I misread your message. It it strange..

On the Player Role screen (when you are offering a new contract), he's he asking for a particular role? Or does it say that he's not interested for all?

It's Carey Price, so he's already a Star, and I'm offering him Untouchable role and board permitted max salary. On the player bio screen it says "happy playing for the team" but on the contract screens its "Carey Price has no interest in currently negotiating a new deal."

And on Sept 24th, Price resigns with Montreal after having only EDM and ANH show slight interest. Contract demands wound up being a modest 4 yrs 6.75 million per... so I'm utterly confused.

And on Sept 24th, Price resigns with Montreal after having only EDM and ANH show slight interest. Contract demands wound up being a modest 4 yrs 6.75 million per... so I'm utterly confused.

Patch is out now.