Official Football Manager Classic Tablet 2015 Feedback Thread

Just saying, I have I this on iPad 4 and it runs perfectly for me just that in game match is a little slow. Does this mean that iPad 4 works or it shouldn't be working. Also, talking to the press is it common because I have only been interviewed twice and I have only been interviewed twice. Another thing is do you get to manager national team and club team in this game at the same time? Lastly if I have a problem or something happens in this game with my iPad 4 does that mean you won't take care of it since it's not supported?

I wonder how this is running after a season or two. I have the iPad 4 but not sure I want to risk £15 testing it :D

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have managed to manually transfer my FMC save from PC to my iPad by syncing the game file through iTunes, and can confirm that the save file loads.

So you can play on PC and carry on your iPad. If you have more than one manager the save file won't load, and it's a bit of a pain having to manually move the files over but the option is there.

Great to hear. For me the important option of the game. I want to play the same save on both. Can you describe how you managed this and is there a way back from ipad to pc?

You can only have one manager. That isn't changing. It's just not technically possible due to the memory overhead a second manager would add.

The option is there because you can retire your current manager, then add a new one to replace it.

• Administrators
Any help Lucas?

You can't I'm afraid. Can you put this in the wishlist thread please? :)

Wow. Being able to play FMC on my iPad Air 2 is the perfect time-consuming experience :) FMC plays even more smoothly on my iPad than my Macbook Pro and that is crazy. Good job guys and I must say it deserves every penny!

Here is my feedback:

1. There is no real-time clock on the game. So, to see the exact time or battery level left I need to leave the game or pull down the notification menu. I wish there was a way to see those data in the game.

2. As pointed out by couple of people already, I am frustrated with the scrolling. It is especially troublesome when I put players in rotation and need to change the entire team. I much prefer if the screen scrolled/moved exactly the amount I want. In other words, no scrolling at all :) It probably eats system resources anyway.

3. From time to time I want to replay a match (dont judge me, we've all been there :) ). So, when I close FMC in the middle of a match the game continues exactly where I left off after I reopen FMC. So is there a way to start from the beginning of the game when I close&reopen (without saving)?

4. I always disable the supporters in 3D game. But I cant see the option to turn them off here.

5. My biggest gripe about the game is the difficulty of selling players. I usually make a lot of money through buying cheap and selling expensive. However even a player of mine goes into World Team of the Year, I couldn't sell him. I tried to sell Benzema for 1 euro but couldnt even do it. Especially when multiple rich clubs are interested in him. Very frustrating...

All in all, I am really satisfied with the game as it is. But there is always room for improvement and further optimization opportunities. Look very much forward to the upcoming updates!

I was wondering about the multitasking on iPad. I think i read it somewhere that if you hit the home button the game would close and you would need to load it up again and lose the progress you had done in the save, is this right??

I believe it is a problem of memory. iPad Air 2 has 2GB ram and I face this problem only when I have lots of applications open in the background. So, I close everything else when I play FMC and almost never face this reloading problem. However even if the game reloads you still have the 'open the unsaved game option'. So you could still start where you left off.

I believe it is a problem of memory. iPad Air 2 has 2GB ram and I face this problem only when I have lots of applications open in the background. So, I close everything else when I play FMC and almost never face this reloading problem. However even if the game reloads you still have the 'open the unsaved game option'. So you could still start where you left off.

Ok so this is not a problem? "unsaved game option"? So that can be opened at any time even if the game has not been saved or opened for some time?

And i dont really loose any progress then :) ?

As I mention in my post above, sometimes I close in the middle of a match and when I reopen the game I see a popup saying if I want to continue with the unsaved game. And if I choose it, I go back where I left off and continue the match. Again this is on iPad Air 2. So, highly unlikely but, it might not work the same on other devices.

As I mention in my post above, sometimes I close in the middle of a match and when I reopen the game I see a popup saying if I want to continue with the unsaved game. And if I choose it, I go back where I left off and continue the match. Again this is on iPad Air 2. So, highly unlikely but, it might not work the same on other devices.

Ok, i only have the iPad Air 1, anyone with that too and has bought the game? how is it if you click the home button?

Is it not possible to change from 3D to 2d? hate this 3D stuff haha, miss the old CM 03-04 2d!

In Match mode, when your assistant shouts out that the tactics aren't working or a tired player needs subbing, is there an option to allow the assistant to do these changes automatically without asking?

Mine is Android version.

I added a 32-bit PNG file with transparent background as manager picture. But its background is not transparent in game, it turns into black and looks odd this way for the game skin is white.

This same picture I used it in PC version without any issue, smooth transparent background in game.

Ok, i only have the iPad Air 1, anyone with that too and has bought the game? how is it if you click the home button?

Is it not possible to change from 3D to 2d? hate this 3D stuff haha, miss the old CM 03-04 2d!

Go into Preferences and change the Highlights and Replays camera settings to 2D Classic.

Mine is Android version.

I added a 32-bit PNG file with transparent background as manager picture. But its background is not transparent in game, it turns into black and looks odd this way for the game skin is white.

This same picture I used it in PC version without any issue, smooth transparent background in game.

Post this in the Android bugs forum please http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/474-Android-Bugs-Forum

See this for info - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/424579-iOS-FAQ?p=10269397&viewfull=1#post10269397

The issue with scrolling is that while some people say it's too sensitive, others are saying its a bit slow.

Are there any particular places you feel it is too fast or just generally?

Sorry only just seen this. The smaller the list (as in size on screen) then the harder it is to scroll. i.e. the team screen is fairly easy (although I still have to be really sensitive) but when I go to screens like the scouting (where only part of the screen is used for the list), it's much harder. There is a screen (can't find it now) where you can only see 5 players (a list at the top of the screen) and it was driving me insane last night trying to get the scroll to stop on the 1 player I wanted to touch.

Ran really smoothly during the 2 hours i played last night on my Ipad Mini 2. Got England (all the way down to Conference South/North), Germany (1st and 2nd division) and Spain (1st and 2nd division) loaded up. Gave me estimated game speed of 1 and a 1/2 stars out of 5 but honestly i felt it ran nicely all the way through, never close to being slow enough to annoy.

- Scrolling is a touch sensitive, does take some careful scrolling to get to where you want and not overshoot!

- Find a minor issue that after every game instead of seeing the post game screens i see the main menu for about 5 seconds, then it goes back into my save and shows the post game screens. No biggy just a touch odd.

Outstanding game, can't wait to see future ones down the years if the first one they have done is this good.

I've really been enjoying FMC so far on the iPad. I do agree with the comments on scrolling though. It's really frustrating when scrolling through player search results and when selecting your team.

Is there a summary of what the different match plans for instant result consist of? I tried searching and found others asking the same question but they were usually told to check the match plans screen under tactics. I don't see that screen, I'm guessing it's not available on iPad. I'm just looking for a little guidance on the best time to use each plan.

Also, do foreign players accumulate time to gain citizenship like they do in the full game? I'm playing in Ligue 1 and can't tell if I'm about to run into trouble signing more South Americans.

Hi,

New to forum and coming back to FM after something like 12 years (scary to say).

Loving the tablet edition and running fine on iPad Air 2.

My current feedback is:

-scrolling: the issue is clearly around the momentum scrolling that has been badly implemented. When scrolling a list, regardless if lifting the finger or leaving it down or tapping while the list moves, the scrolling does not stop. So to get to a specific section of a list you need to modulate your scrolling at the beginning, which is very impractical. I'm sure it can be fixed.

-while in a match and to the advanced tactics screen, sometimes (not in every match, but consistently in the same match if it occurs) tapping on a player to sub him does not make the list of suitable replacements (with stars and rating) appear. It only lists the "remove from position" option which does not even work. A workaround is to tap into a player on the pitch tactics screen and have individual instructions screen pop up. From there it's possible to do the above again.

-after a match is finished, the game will present the main menu (start a new game/load etc...) for 2 seconds before actually getting into the home view of the currently loaded game

-when pressing continue to proceed with the turn, the calendar will populate with match results and with world relevant news (famous players events, famous teams events, top team selections, etc...). Now it might be me but I have no idea on where to find these information for review. I've searched every menu and it doesn't seem to be a way to actually read the content of those news/events. Sometimes the loading is so fast I don't have time to read the headlines and I'd like to investigate more. Appreciate any direction here.

Thanks for the game though, if you keep following up on bug reports and fixes it's going to be a massive success.

Cheers,

R

Hi,

New to forum and coming back to FM after something like 12 years (scary to say).

My current feedback is:

-scrolling: the issue is clearly around the momentum scrolling that has been badly implemented. When scrolling a list, regardless if lifting the finger or leaving it down or tapping while the list moves, the scrolling does not stop. So to get to a specific section of a list you need to modulate your scrolling at the beginning, which is very impractical. I'm sure it can be fixed.

-while in a match and to the advanced tactics screen, sometimes (not in every match, but consistently in the same match if it occurs) tapping on a player to sub him does not make the list of suitable replacements (with stars and rating) appear. It only lists the "remove from position" option which does not even work. A workaround is to tap into a player on the pitch tactics screen and have individual instructions screen pop up. From there it's possible to do the above again.

-after a match is finished, the game will present the main menu (start a new game/load etc...) for 2 seconds before actually getting into the home view of the currently loaded game

-when pressing continue to proceed with the turn, the calendar will populate with match results and with world relevant news (famous players events, famous teams events, top team selections, etc...). Now it might be me but I have no idea on where to find these information for review. I've searched every menu and it doesn't seem to be a way to actually read the content of those news/events. Sometimes the loading is so fast I don't have time to read the headlines and I'd like to investigate more. Appreciate any direction here.

Thanks for the game though, if you keep following up on bug reports and fixes it's going to be a massive success.

Cheers,

R

All good points there. I wondered what was the point of that news and info calendar between continues because you have no time to read it and you then can't find the stories anywhere else. You seem to get no news about the results of other teams in your inbox so where is it?

Oh and as I said elsewhere I'd like the assistant to make automatic tactical changes (except subs) during matches. His recommendations flash up and are gone in no time. BY the time you tap on the quotes tab his comments may no longer be relevant.

Also, do foreign players accumulate time to gain citizenship like they do in the full game? I'm playing in Ligue 1 and can't tell if I'm about to run into trouble signing more South Americans.

Yes foreign players do gain citizenship. One of my Stoke players gains it a few weeks into the first season.

Hi,

My current feedback is:

Cheers,

R

Hi there, any responses to the above?

Mostly interested in the last point.

Thanks,

R

Is the Match Engine in IPAD the same as on PC? I feel, that on IPAD they do a lot more stupid trinks, they shoot from the side and don't cross, they don't play football. I score not much goals out of the play.

Hi there, any responses to the above?

Mostly interested in the last point.

Thanks,

R

Scrolling - we're monitoring feedback on this.

Remove from position issue - this is something we're aware of, but struggling to consistently reproduce in-house.

Returning to main menu - we're looking into this.

News - this news isn't stored anywhere as it pushes memory usage up too high. The compromise is that we still generate the headline you see to give a flavour of what's going on in the game world, but it's discarded again afterwards.

Is the Match Engine in IPAD the same as on PC? I feel, that on IPAD they do a lot more stupid trinks, they shoot from the side and don't cross, they don't play football. I score not much goals out of the play.

It is the same match engine.

Hi!

Sorry, if this question has been asked before. I am thinking of buying an Ipad Air 2. I have read that FMC will work on this model, but I wonder if anyone know if that model will be able to run FM 16 Classic? Do you think it's ok to buy that device now? Do you think it will be able to run FMC 16 or do I have to buy a newer and better Ipad when FM16C is released?

Thanks for your help,

Anders, Sweden

• SI Staff

Hi Mr Mourinho, I wish I could give you some better info but as we have just released FMC 15 we do not have any info about FMC 16 at this time, let alone what devices it would be compatible with. All I can tell you is that the iPad Air 2 plays FMC 2015 really well and smoothly. Cheers

Awesome game, won the prem and CL in my first season with Arsenal..

but a small question as I found out that some youngsters were guided by elder players I wanted to know how so;

Is it possible to train the youngsters and let them be guided by elder players? like Vadala by Sanches or Ozil? if yes how can i do that?

Minor issues i found when playing

Some pupup menu's are not scaled right when playing a match and settings for speed are terribly visible when you are playing a match..

Selling players is hard.. very hard.. And loaning out even harder, players wont wanna play satelite clubs etc.. and some youngster are asked ridiculous prices.. Timo Werner which is valued at €4,5 mil, i need to pay € 91 mil.

No setting up large database..

Missing player pictures, used it on handheld, didnt noticed any slower speeds on playing the game, maybe is a lil slower in starting up the game.. but yeah it is handheld i know..

Assistent manager options would be nice like in handheld game where you can say what he needs to do..

Using FMC on android Galaxy Tab S 10.5

Awesome game, won the prem and CL in my first season with Arsenal..

but a small question as I found out that some youngsters were guided by elder players I wanted to know how so;

Is it possible to train the youngsters and let them be guided by elder players? like Vadala by Sanches or Ozil? if yes how can i do that?

Minor issues i found when playing

Some pupup menu's are not scaled right when playing a match and settings for speed are terribly visible when you are playing a match..

Selling players is hard.. very hard.. And loaning out even harder, players wont wanna play satelite clubs etc.. and some youngster are asked ridiculous prices.. Timo Werner which is valued at €4,5 mil, i need to pay € 91 mil.

No setting up large database..

Missing player pictures, used it on handheld, didnt noticed any slower speeds on playing the game, maybe is a lil slower in starting up the game.. but yeah it is handheld i know..

Assistent manager options would be nice like in handheld game where you can say what he needs to do..

Using FMC on android Galaxy Tab S 10.5

Never mind, just read that the assistent manager does it for me.. no option to do it manually..

Hi! First of all sorry for my english. (I am from Spain)

I have been playing FMC in my new Sony Xperia Tablet Z3 for one week and i am delighted. It is a dream to play FM everywhere. Ok, it is not the full experience of PC version but the essence is here.

Despite everything there are a few things that i would change in next updates or 2016 versión:

- Most important in my opinión... a bigger DATABASE. It would be great if we can choose the size of database (maybe a selector). Not necessary a db of 90.000 players (like i play in PC) but at least 50.000 or 5 countries. 3 is not enought in my opinion. I am sure that my Tablet can support one or two more countries!!

- Possibility of add logos and pics of players. Specially logos!!

- The last thing I really miss from PC Version is to see the bio and atributtes of each player during the match. Very important too!

All the rest is great. As i said before I love this game, I love to play everywhere FM.

Congratulations for all SIGAMES team from Spain!

• SI Staff
Hi! First of all sorry for my english. (I am from Spain)

I have been playing FMC in my new Sony Xperia Tablet Z3 for one week and i am delighted. It is a dream to play FM everywhere. Ok, it is not the full experience of PC version but the essence is here.

Despite everything there are a few things that i would change in next updates or 2016 versión:

- Most important in my opinión... a bigger DATABASE. It would be great if we can choose the size of database (maybe a selector). Not necessary a db of 90.000 players (like i play in PC) but at least 50.000 or 5 countries. 3 is not enought in my opinion. I am sure that my Tablet can support one or two more countries!!

- Possibility of add logos and pics of players. Specially logos!!

- The last thing I really miss from PC Version is to see the bio and atributtes of each player during the match. Very important too!

All the rest is great. As i said before I love this game, I love to play everywhere FM.

Congratulations for all SIGAMES team from Spain!

All of that is down to memory usage restrictions, we are on the high side as it is - we can't safely use a larger database I'm afraid. Possibly in the future if tablets get more memory.

Hi there, please can someone help.

I have brought FM15 Classic on my iPad been playing it a while but now every time I try and open it up it freezes on the sports interactive screen and reverts back to my home screen. I've tried deleting it, reinstalling it, rebooting iPad etc but still the same thing happens. I have read the FAQs but nothing is working.

I have IOS 8.3 on an iPad Air Fm version 15.3.2. I take it I have now lost my saved game? Real shame as loads of hours put into it plus lots of money spent on in game purchases!

Thanks for your help.

Chris

It's not possible to download with PC I'm afraid.

if it can not provide a solution for this ??

I have an email on this issue but has not yet returned ..

why always stuck at 94% ??

I download 9 hours 2 times

two days I download

I am from Indonesia ..

Scrolling - we're monitoring feedback on this.

Remove from position issue - this is something we're aware of, but struggling to consistently reproduce in-house.

Returning to main menu - we're looking into this.

News - this news isn't stored anywhere as it pushes memory usage up too high. The compromise is that we still generate the headline you see to give a flavour of what's going on in the game world, but it's discarded again afterwards.

It is the same match engine.

Fair enough about the world news but couldn't it stay up a bit longer so you can at least read it. Thanks.

Should be able to resume download while getting game data. I think not just me that saying game data download speed is slow, it drove me crazy 'cos it got error at around 80% and had to restart the whole download process! Why's that? It's year 2015 not 1995, even the most simple browser can resume download. :eek:

All of that is down to memory usage restrictions, we are on the high side as it is - we can't safely use a larger database I'm afraid. Possibly in the future if tablets get more memory.

Well you do have pics in the game but more from the lowerleague players then famous players

• SI Staff
Well you do have pics in the game but more from the lowerleague players then famous players

Yes, we have that amount of pictures included in our memory budget.

Any word on the unlockables issue? I unlocked three at the end of a successful (unbeaten) season but I cannot activate them, nor are they in the store or in my wallet. Can you shed any light?

Archived