Advice on Contracts/Salary Cap

Hi, I'm looking for some assistance.

Relative hockey noob having watched the game for awhile without getting into the intricacies of the financial side.

I have started a game with the Blackhawks and have a few players whose contracts are up at the end of the season. At what point should I be handing new ones out? Now or closer to when my cap gets evaluated? (If that's even a thing :D )

Speaking of which on the finance screen Salary Cap is at $69mill and my player salary is at $79mill when does this become an issue?

Hope I've made sense, thanks in advance.

I don't believe the cap gets re-evaluated in the EHM simulation. Cap-inflation would just needlessly complicate things under-the-hood. Cap goes up, salaries go up, lather, rinse, repeat. It doesn't add much so I don't think they're bothering with it. Look to the "Be a GM" mode in the Electronic Arts series to see an example of how cap inflation can throw the balance of a simulation off completely.

As for the salary cap situation of the blackhawks, I'm not that familiar with it. Is it possible that you have a number of highly paid players that have been waived to your AHL affiliate? Or perhaps the total player salary commitment is taking into account the NHL value of Two-way contracts (Players on a two-way contract are paid far less in the AHL than they are when called up to the NHL team).

Managing the cap at the end of the year is always going to be one of the challenges of managing a club like the Blackhawks, a team which often seems to be juggling pieces around to stay just under the cap-ceiling.

Hi, I'm looking for some assistance.

Relative hockey noob having watched the game for awhile without getting into the intricacies of the financial side.

I have started a game with the Blackhawks and have a few players whose contracts are up at the end of the season. At what point should I be handing new ones out? Now or closer to when my cap gets evaluated? (If that's even a thing :D )

Speaking of which on the finance screen Salary Cap is at $69mill and my player salary is at $79mill when does this become an issue?

Hope I've made sense, thanks in advance.

In reference to the Salary Cap, the only number you need to pay attention to is the Estimated Club Average Salary. These are the salaries of the players on the NHL roster.

The Player Salary number is the total amount paid to all player personnel signed/paid by the club.

Archived