Sports Interactive Community

I have what i think is a bug, or just bad judgement..

I run a Schalke youth academy save where i sign players from the ages of 15-17, develop them through the u19s and when they are too old for that i decide whether they are good enough to join the first team squad or loan out..

When they are good enough to come up, after a few months of them playing in and out of the first 11, suddenly my game judges them as world class.. when they clearly aren't, they are good yes, but not world class. This judgement is from my assistant manager with 20 JCA so shouldn't be wrong.

Here are some players that are apparently world class:

51006ba8bc9657d2a7b61c18f8138ef9.jpg

e2f87573006e1cb0222a2d3b81c4bc29.jpg

This guy may fall into the world class category now, but he was world class at 17 apparently and he certainly wasn't then..

eb49d2061fea42eee48ed7f651920d20.jpg

This is just a few, through the years i've had my third choice right back be considered world class when it's quite obvious that he isn't..

Anyone else have this problem?

A few things spring to mind:

A) How long has Leighton Baines been a staff member for you? How high is his "Knowledge of club players" bar?

B) Could be something to do with the skin you are using although unlikely, have you tried other skins? does it show the same?

C) They are very good players and rated highly in the star ratings bottom right which suggests they have a high CA which is why they would get the world class tag. Part of the reason here could be that they all seem somewhat two footed which will make their attributes look worse.

Just because your assman (or any staff member) has 20 JCA doesn't mean he'll never be wrong. Those players look like they have pretty solid attributes to me--if they're not world class then they may be very close.

Another thing to consider is, by the year 2027, how good are the players in the rest of the world? It could be that the threshold to be world class by then has dropped a bit simply because nobody else in your game world is that great anymore, if that makes sense to you.

Baines has been here for 4 years now, other skins are the same.. And looking at the other best players in the world, Coppens in particular is no where near... (yet)

It's 2027, it may be they are actual 'world class' players, now that the game is presumably killing off the proper world class players.

Personally I think that the threshold for 'world class' is far too low. Once the current crop retire the game is more in line with its consideration of world class.

I think world class in general is used too low. World class to me means any club in the world would take the player and play them virtually every week. Therefore there should only be a small handful of players i would consider world class.

What i find sad too is that i never seen a new messi or ronaldo (especially messi).. and by that i mean a player at 24-26 (or younger) with 20's in numerous stats, like dribbling finishing first touch technique composure decisions pace, like messi has.. you never see those players after messi retires

There are way too many World Class players in the game.

The definition needs changing. For me it may be something like "could have been in the "World" 25 man squad at some point over the last 12 months. Or 22, 16 or even 11.