Sports Interactive Community
rougetardis

QMJHL Draft - Weird rankings/draft issue

I'm playing the QMHJL during the first season and I'm getting this weird issue. When draft day arrived, there was only 11 players ranked for the draft.

Then, during draft day, only 3 of these 11 players were available (seems like other drafts like the OHL snagged some of the QMHJL players!).

To top it off, when I filter out the unrealistic targets in the draft (i.e. players who have plans to go the college route), it filtered out every eligible player! Looking at each of their status, every unranked player seemed to want to go to college (good for them I guess but not good for my junior team lol).

I went on vacation for most of the season (from January to June) so I don't know if that had anything to do with the no-ranking/draft snaffu.

I'm not even seeing WHL rankings, and when it comes time for the draft, every eligible player wants to play college hockey.

Same thing happenned to me on my first season. On my second, draft went good for the first 5 rounds, then all the ranked players disappeared and it's back to the full list of "college hockey" kids. At least the AI have the same problem...

Also, after the draft, went back to check some of those undrafted ranked players. Tried to sign them but it says they must go through the draft first (the one the next year).

On my 3rd season now and starting to notice an important problem with this bug : multiple AI teams don't play their games with a full roster.

Hoping this get fixed soon, pretty sure the junior canadian leagues aren't the only ones having this issue.

There was an issue with the default setting for junior/college preferences for newgen players created at the start of the game to feed the junior drafts for the first few years. So this is a likely culprit for the draft related issues. It has been fixed for the next update.

There was an issue with the default setting for junior/college preferences for newgen players created at the start of the game to feed the junior drafts for the first few years. So this is a likely culprit for the draft related issues. It has been fixed for the next update.

Glad it's getting fixed sooner rather than later. Cheers!

Just hit a pretty similar bug on the 1.2.1 version, also on the QMJHL. First draft went ok (even with some ranked players not available), but the second year had ranked/scouted players vanishing after the 5th round.