Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
TiniestManatee

NHL Playoff matchups

Was going through the 2016/17 season last night, my team ended up as the #4 team in the West. My matchup in the opening round of the playoffs was the #3 team in the West. I also noticed that the #5 and #6 teams were matched against each other, but the other teams were matched properly.

Unfortunately I didn't think to keep a save of it or even a screenshot, but has anybody else noticed this?

Yes, the NHL system is now 1v4 and 2v3 in a division (with a possible 5th place team crossing over if it has more points than a 4th place team in the other division), not 1v8 in the conference.

Yes, the NHL system is now 1v4 and 2v3 in a division (with a possible 5th place team crossing over if it has more points than a 4th place team in the other division), not 1v8 in the conference.

The two division winners meet up with wild cards. The division winner with the best record in the conference will match up with 8th seed(WC2) regardless of what division WC2 is in. In other words, the division winners could very well match up with 4th place in the other division.