Contract negotiations

So far, I've noticed that for contracts, there's very little negotiation space - most of the deals are take it or leave it. For example, I've had a player coming off an entry level contract want 3 million for 2 years, and I tried to extend him longer, and whatever I did, he wouldn't accept. Of course we want to try to avoid FM comparisons, but certainly that engine had more feedback and more flexibility when it came to salary negotiations.

Is this working as intended or just a carryover from EHM 2007?

They should respond much quicker.

The best thing would be to have a way to discuss the contract before it's given to the player to sign. It would also be nice to negotiate longer contracts, for example offer the player a blank 8 year deal, and then the player would say how much he would like if he were to accept that.

Yes, more flexibility is in the plans later on. Obviously FM has had plenty of time to develop this side of the game, so the negotiations there would be a lot more in-depth.

Sounds good Riz! Any chance there will be limited NTCs?

Sounds good Riz! Any chance there will be limited NTCs?

Yes please. The straight forward ones are the full No Trade or No Movement Clauses.

The more interesting ones would be the time or team limited clauses.

Time Limited (i.e. goes into effect after second contract year; expires after third contract year)

Team Limited (i.e. will accept trade to playoff team; will accept trade to 5/10 listed teams)

• SI Staff

There are currently no active plans to implement more detailed NTC's, but I might look into that some day in the future. However players will be less likely to veto a trade based on their NTC's in the next update already, especially near the end of their contract and when being traded to a contender, I've just finetuned that today.

There are currently no active plans to implement more detailed NTC's, but I might look into that some day in the future. However players will be less likely to veto a trade based on their NTC's in the next update already, especially near the end of their contract and when being traded to a contender, I've just finetuned that today.

Excellent. Was very frustrating, trying to trade Mark Streit. Always got offers for second round picks, but he would always veto the trade.

Vinny Lecavalier accept a move out of Philly immediately.

On the subject of contracts, how can I sign players to a 2 way contract ? I could just be missing something but when trying to sign players for my farm team, I can't seem to sign them for that team and not the NHL team.

On the subject of contracts, how can I sign players to a 2 way contract ? I could just be missing something but when trying to sign players for my farm team, I can't seem to sign them for that team and not the NHL team.

When you offer a new contract, there is a tab called "Bonuses & Clauses". You will find the option of 2 way contract there.

I've noticed that for contracts, there's very little negotiation space - most of the deals are take it or leave it.

Didn't experience that myself yet but just wanted to point out that negociations can take an awful lot of time as a not-so-far example Ryan Johansen wasn't even sure to play the first game of season with CLB because of the time it took to reach an agreement, eventhough i guess it only apply to potential franchise players.

I'm not keen on the Contract negotiations in the current state. O'Reilly's 2 year contract (6 mio avg) was set to expire in June and I tried desperatly to extend it. At some point i offered something like 7,5 avg 4 years and he was still not interested. Even if i offered him a one year 10 mio deal. There needs to be some feedback why the player refuses to sign. I thought he just dont wanted to play for the team anymore. But then in Free Agency i worked a 4 year 5,5 avg deal out. That just seems odd.

Archived