[FM15] Saxon Super League (Sussex, Surrey and Kent 6 tier system)

200px-Flag_of_Sussex.svg.png200px-Surrey.svg.png175px-Flag_of_Kent.svg.png

Saxon Super League (Sussex, Surrey and Kent)

This is based off of my original plan for a single league with teams from the 3 English counties of Sussex, Surrey and Kent, as suggested by Koala. My original plan was for a 5 tier 6 cup system with 3 separate national teams, Sussex, Surrey and Kent. But with the amount of teams available I made a 6 tier, 7 cup system with 3 playable national teams and 121 clubs and about 1000 players and staff between them. However, because of a bug that me and sevestra can't find that broke the Isthmian League and by extension England, I had to make a simple tandem mod to go with it. Although if anyone can produce a more accurate or direct me to an already existing mod that removes the Isthmian League or fix the bug it would be greatly appreciated.

Like my previous Surrey Super League mod every team moved is from tier 7 and below in the English League system. However, the 10 Conference teams do have B teams divided between the top 3 tiers of the Saxon Super League. To make space in UEFA Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and Armenia were displaced to the AFC and the prize money is more generous then in the Surrey Super League. Surrey, Sussex and Kent have also been placed in the EU. However, a limit on non-EU players is in place as you move into the SSL 4 and up to SSL 1, only 6 non-EU players are allowed in your starting squad in SSL 1, 9 in SSL 4, making you more reliant on European and home grown talent to achieve, although not restricting you either, regional leagues are unrestricted.

Format

League games run from August until May and play on Saturdays.

Level 1 - Saxon Super League 1

20 teams - 3 relegated - 2 rounds - 4 b teams

Level 2 - Saxon Super League 2

18 teams - 3 promoted (2 direct, 1 play off) 3 relegated - 2 rounds - 3 B teams

Level 3 - Saxon Super League 3

18 teams - 3 promoted (2 direct, 1 play off) 3 relegated - 2 rounds - 3 B teams

Level 4 - Saxon Super League 4

18 teams - 3 promoted (2 direct, 1 play off) 3 relegated - 2 rounds

Level 5 - Regional Leagues 1

Sussex National League One - 10 teams - 1 promoted directly 1 relegated - 4 rounds

Surrey Football League One - 10 teams - 1 promoted directly 1 relegated - 4 rounds

Kent Independent League - 10 teams - 1 promoted directly - 4 rounds

Level 6 - Regional League 2

Sussex National League Two - 8 teams - 1 promoted directly - 4 rounds

Surrey Football League Two - 9 teams - 1 promoted directly - 4 rounds

(SFL 2 includes fantasy team Dale FC, mydalefc.co.uk. Intended as the weakest and most financially restricted club in the league.)

Cups

Saxon Challenge Cup

121 teams - Gives European qualification

Winners' Super Cup

2 teams - Super Cup between SCC and SSL 1 winners

SSL Cup

74 teams - Cup between Saxon Super League Cups, tier 1 to 4

Sussex League Cup

18 teams - Cup between clubs in the Sussex National League

Surrey League Cup

19 teams - Cup between clubs in the Surrey Football League

Kent League Cup

10 teams - Cup between clubs in the Kent Independent League

Saxon Inter-League Cup

47 teams - Cup between teams in regional leagues, tier 5 and 6

Known bugs

As said before England and most likely Europe is broken without the tandem mod for a basic Premier League to Conference North/South system, open to suggested for alternative solutions or mods as this tandem is basic and is likely not suitable for player participation.

Challenges

Similar to the Dale FC challenge for the Surrey Super League, take any team from the Surrey Football League Two or Sussex National League Two and win the Saxon Super League and European Champions League, try to do this only with players from the three counties for an extra challenge.

Want a national team challenge? Pick any of the 3 new national teams, Surrey, Sussex or Kent and win the World Cup and/or European Championship just with players participating in the Saxon Super League, and don't be a club manager in the league either for extra difficulty, leaving player development to the AI clubs.

Special thanks to sevestra for the help and Koala for the suggestion

Link 1 (Main mod): http://www.mediafire.com/download/dhctfnku7k92grb/Saxon_Super_League_(SSL)_E6EAB978-838B-4F23-946F-1BA4D537F8F1.fmf

Link 2 (England fix): http://www.mediafire.com/download/ad0gbvj09gk0mfb/England_fix_for_SSL_7EC7110B-1935-4932-98E8-4A482A545CE7.fmf

UPDATES:

Minor: Inter-League Cup had two rounds named "Second Round", the second of which was changed to Third Round and the original Third Round was changed to Quarter Final.

Minor: The three letter code for the Sussex National League and Surrey Football League both included SL#, this was changed to SN and SF respectively.

Medium: The Winners' Super Cup was wrongly scheduled to take place in May, this has been moved to August 2nd.

Minor: The game doesn't show all 8 teams that will play in Europe the following season, this is only a display bug. B teams won't qualify either, regardless of finishing place.

Expansions:

Expansions will be optional addons for the mod that will add new leagues and other competitions to the existing structure.

Saxon 8 Nations Championship: This 8 team competition is a new biannual competitions consisting of Surrey, Sussex, Kent, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, the 8 nations of the British Isles. This is a senior national team competition with a rotated host between the 3 Saxon nations at each of their home grounds. The competition will begin in the Summer of 2016 and hosted by Surrey, following the EUROs and will run every other year.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1at1wkahb4an3b3/Saxon_8_Nations_Championship_C2CE706A-8B7D-4FB0-9470-67ADA096587B.fmf

I'd just like to say that this was the product of 3 long days of work and two dedicated people. While I didn't actually edit much, I still played an important role in proofchecking, bugfixing and also thinking of the workaround for the dreaded "Isthmian Bug".

I am happy to answer questions about the mod along with Mr. Sherms when they arrive, but first, it's time for me to get into a Dale challenge save! :D

Archived