Avoid The Drop 3.0 - Game Thread

Chris Small will take over Stockport, see if i can do any better than Hatton ;)

It's a great stepping stone!! Can't have done too badly if a league one club came and plucked me out from the conference!! ;)

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised, but also pleased, to see that Pinheiro is finding his feet as a manager despite his not-so-great attributes!

Would he be allowed to have an international job alongside his club job? Quite fancy the idea of him managing Australia Under-23s to Olympic glory!

Possibly, i'm not quite sure how it works, i can test it out and see what happens.

Looks like i can't actually add anyone to National sides.

Erik Bäckermann - Great season for Erik, winning his 2nd Bundesliga title with Dortmund. They only reached the 2nd round of the German Cup and Quarter Finals of the Europa League. Has been inducted into the German Hall of Fame in 10th place. Was named Manager of the Year. Failed to get his Continental Pro Licence.

License...is hard. (Not that it's holding him back from winning the Bundesliga.) Could have done a little better in the German Cup, though.

So Steven Kemp has got himself the Catania job.

And for some reason El Ticuito left Stade Brestois straight away and someone else took over.

Looking at Jobs for El Ticuito, there isn't too much going at the moment, FC Dordrecht, recently relegated to Jupiler League is a possibility. Most others are Serie C, Vanarama North and South and the lowest swedish leagues or Gretna in scotland.

:confused: bizarre. Wouldn't mind Dordrecht. Or just see where he ends up. So long as he's going to be a manager rather than HOYD I don't mind where he goes.

I'll keep going for a while and see. He should be a manager as i changed his manager stats to 20 and head of youth to 15

:) Hopefully he can build on their playoff disappointment from last season.

He'll need a very good season, they were bottom when he took over.

Had the first sacking of the season, Steven Kemp has been sacked by Catania.

Edit: 2nd Sacking is Chris Small at Stockport, he is now manager at Queen of the South.

Edit2: We have another sacking, this time it's Aboubakari Mensah at QPR.

End of Season 2040/41

Staff

Erik Bäckermann - Erik started the season with a German Super Cup win and then finished the season in 3rd place. It looks like Dortmund were kicked out of the Champions League, maybe a money thing. Is studying for his Pro Licence again.

Antoine Clemont - Not too good overall, he could only finish 17th in the league with Pescara. They survived relegation, but Antoine didn't survive the sack.

Junior - Manager Stats - Things didn't go too well at Exeter and he moved onto Cardiff in the Championship and they finished in 15th place and reached the FA Cup 6th round.

Lawrence Lazewski - Orlando City finished 2nd in the overall table but lost out in the Play-offs once again.

Bambang Pinheiro - Things started off ok, but took a turn for the worse and won just 8 games all season. Malaga ended up in 19th place, getting relegated. Sacked at the end of the season.

Relegated Staff

El Ticuito - Not the best start to his managerial career. He took over struggling Notts County and then they still ended up at the bottom of league 1, relegated.

Zachary Eldinho - Zachary struggled once again, Halmstad finished 14th in the league and won in the relegation play-off. He kept his job this time and Halmstad are currently 13th.

Christopher Hatton - Seemed to be going well at the start of the season, but ended up getting sacked after numerous bad results. Studying for Continental B Licence.

Steven Kemp - Things didn't go well for Steven who spent just 5 month with Catania before being sacked.

Aboubakari Mensah - Sacked as QPR manager after 6 months, then moved to Norwich who finished 16th in the Championship.

Chris Small - Bad start with Stockport ended in a sacking and then took over at Queen of the South in Scotland where they finished last and were relegated.

Relegated this Season

Bambang Pinheiro

Retired Fully

El Mantis

Gins

Lewis Walsh

League Tables

English Championship

English League One

Scottish Championship

Bundesliga

Liga BBVA

Serie B

MLS (Last Season)

Swedish Premier Division (Last Season)

Most sack award must go to Antoine, he simply can't survive a season without getting sacked!

We'll see, as he's taken the Piacenza job, currently in Serie A.

Only been sacked 3 times, he left Huddersfield and Arsenal to join other clubs. He is actually at the top of the sacked leaderboard though, most others have 2.

I'm still completely ok staying in the United States and managing Orlando City. Maybe I can both avoid relegation and the sack for my career.

I feel like we'll see a fight of you and Erik Backermann until one of you retires from staff at age 75 or so lol

Also, @Junior's manager-Sorry mate, but I think the two of us should just fight for third, those two are just so lucky with their clubs :/

I feel like we'll see a fight of you and Erik Backermann until one of you retires from staff at age 75 or so lol

Also, @Junior's manager-Sorry mate, but I think the two of us should just fight for third, those two are just so lucky with their clubs :/

They will one day, decades in the future, bury Backermann at midfield of Westfalenstadion.

Zachary Eldinho sacked as Halmstad manager.

Chris Small sacked by Queen of the South, takes over at Maidstone in League 2.

Christopher Hatton takes Hartlepool job. Currently League One.

Junior sacked by Cardiff

El Ticuito was most likely going to be sacked by Notts County, instead he leaves and joins Cardiff instead.

I realised i made a mistake, they were relegated form Serie A, when you took over, so Serie B this season, just so you know when the end of season update is done.

I knew it! It was just too strange, because the way I saw it was that they actually survived in Serie A but got a new manager.

End of Season 2041/42

Staff

Erik Bäckermann - Another great season for Erik and has been linked with a few big clubs after winning the league again with Dortmund. He also won the German Cup as well this season and was named Manager of the Year. Still studying for his Pro Licence.

Antoine Clemont - Not too bad overall, took Piacenza into 7th place but lost out in the Play-off Preliminary Round.

Junior - Manager Stats - Not too good for Junior as he took Cardiff down to 22nd place before being sacked on Boxing Day.

Lawrence Lazewski - Orlando City finished 3rd in Eastern Conference and 4th overall. They also won the US Cup. Not looking so good this season, currently in 18th place.

Relegated Staff

El Ticuito - Left Notts County struggling in League 2 and joined Cardiff, finshing in 19th overall in the Championship.

Zachary Eldinho - Zachary struggled with Halmstad again, finishing in 13th place. He actually resigned from the job. Is now the manager at Gefle, currently 15th in Swedish Premier Divsion.

Christopher Hatton - Took over at Hartlepool in League One and finished in 17th place. Studying for his Continental A Licence.

Steven Kemp - Steven went most of the season without a club, before taking over at Gubbio, who finished 9th in Serie C/B.

Aboubakari Mensah - Not great, but could have been worse as Norwich finish 15th in the league. They struggled in both cups.

Bambang Pinheiro - Not too bad as they were predicted 15th place. Bambang took Evian to 16th place, but nowhere in either cup.

Chris Small - A good season overall as Chris helped Maidstone into the Play-offs and then into League One for the first time ever.

Retired Fully

El Mantis

Gins

Lewis Walsh

League Tables

English Championship

English League One

English League Two

Bundesliga

MLS

Ligue 1

Serie B

Serie C/B

Erik Bäckermann - Another great season for Erik and has been linked with a few big clubs after winning the league again with Dortmund.

Wait a minute, isn't Dortmund a big club (they've got the biggest stadium in Germany and the highest average attendance in the world. (I mean, back in 2015...)

He also won the German Cup as well this season and was named Manager of the Year.

Nice, but I'd love a Champions Cup...

Still studying for his Pro Licence.

Some people just aren't cut out for higher education (and looking at his coaching stats, I'm amazed he's gotten as far as he has on guts and sheer determination...)

Wait a minute, isn't Dortmund a big club (they've got the biggest stadium in Germany and the highest average attendance in the world. (I mean, back in 2015...)

Yes they are, i guess i could have phrased it differently, like...other big clubs :p

Antoine Clemont has taken the Wolves job, they are currently 2nd in League One.

Looks like 4 managers in League One at the moment.

Aboubakari Mensah sacked by Norwich.

Christopher Hatton leaves Hartlepool for Millwall, who are 1 place below Hartlepool.

El Ticuito rejects an offer from Championship side Stoke.

Bambang Pinheiro leaves Evian in 13th and joins Lille in 9th.

End of Season 2042/43

Staff

Erik Bäckermann - Not bad again, starting the season off with a Super Cup win. Unfortunately it was 3rd place in the league and the semi-finals in the German Cup and Europa League. Still Studying for his Pro Licence.

Antoine Clemont - Took over at Wolves who finished 5th in the league. Unfortunately they were battered 5-0 in the play-offs by Lincoln. One upside is that he won 2 games in the Johnstones Paint Trophy, which happened to be the North Final 2nd leg and the Final.

Junior - Manager Stats - Moved to Rotherham and just couldn't get them away from 24th place in the league. It's been a while but he has been relegated.

Lawrence Lazewski - Disappointing season for Orlando City, they finished 19th in the overall table. Currently doing better this season in 7th place, but are top of the Eastern Conference.

Relegated Staff

El Ticuito - Not a great season, but they were predicted 22nd place, so 17th isn't too bad. El Ticuito has been linked with various jobs, but no offers.

Zachary Eldinho - It was another relegation play-off for Zachary, and he got Gefle through it. This season they are doing a bit better, currently 11th.

Christopher Hatton - Left Hartlepool who survived in League One for Millwall, who went down to League 2 with Junior and Rotherham.

Steven Kemp - A good season for Steven, who took Gubbio into the Play-offs and beat his old side AlbinoLeffe in the final, promotion to Serie B.

Aboubakari Mensah - Was sacked as manager of Norwich after a poor season, they finished 17th in the end. Looking for a new job.

Bambang Pinheiro - Decided to leave Evian and move up the table a little to Lille, who finished just outside the European places in 8th.

Chris Small - Not too bad for Maidstones first season in league one, finishing in 14th place.

Retired Fully

El Mantis

Gins

Lewis Walsh

Relegated This Season

Junior

League Tables

English Championship

English League One

Bundesliga

MLS

Swedish Premier Division

Ligue 1

Serie C

Some pretty big news just after the season ends.

Erik Backermann has left Dortmund!!! He has taken over at Lyon in France, where Frank Lampard has just retired.

But...I ...er, he doesn't speak French! And kind of a less-than-lateral move there (although what's he making in salary now?)

Erik Bäckermann - Not bad again, starting the season off with a Super Cup win. Unfortunately it was 3rd place in the league and the semi-finals in the German Cup and Europa League. Still Studying for his Pro Licence.

So why isn't Dortmund playing in Champions (since they won the Bundesliga last season)- financial whoopsies?

And that Pro License thing's starting to become an academic joke for Backerman, it doesn't appear he'll ever clinch the top license.

(And I still can't believe he'd leave Germany, the Bundesliga, and the greatest fans in Europe for..France.) (Guess I'll have to Wikipedia Olympique Lyonnais, which sounds like a sandwich spread...)

But...I ...er, he doesn't speak French! And kind of a less-than-lateral move there (although what's he making in salary now?)

So why isn't Dortmund playing in Champions (since they won the Bundesliga last season)- financial whoopsies?

And that Pro License thing's starting to become an academic joke for Backerman, it doesn't appear he'll ever clinch the top license.

(And I still can't believe he'd leave Germany, the Bundesliga, and the greatest fans in Europe for..France.) (Guess I'll have to Wikipedia Olympique Lyonnais, which sounds like a sandwich spread...)

He's only gone up to £40k p/w so not much more. I think both team have the same Reputation, Dortmund were financially better though.

As for the Europa League thing, it was getting knocked out in the Champions League groups nearly every time.

Lyon have got through the Champions League groups most seasons and haven't won the league in nearly 10 years. Hopefully Erik can change that.

Will be interesting to see if Lyon end up playing Dortmund in the Champions League or Europa League (if they both get knocked out of the groups.)

Zachary Eldinho has been sacked by Gefle

Bambang Pinheiro sacked by Lille and is now FC Lorient manager.

Chris Small leaves Maidstone for Rangers.

Aboubakari Mensah takes over from Chris at Maidstone.

Steven Kemp leaves Gubbio and joins Serie A side Brescia

End of Season 2043/44

Staff

Erik Bäckermann - Overall a pretty good first season with Lyon, finishing 2nd in the league and winning the Coupe de la Ligue. They lost in the Champions League first knockout round and French Cup semi-finals. His 4th attempt at Pro Licence.

Antoine Clemont - Was sacked as manager of Wolves while they were in 9th place. Looking for a new job.

Lawrence Lazewski - Orlando City finished 1st in the Eastern Conference and went on to win the MLS Cup.

Relegated Staff

El Ticuito - Sacked as manager of Cardiff after they got relegated to League One. Decided he had unfinished business with Notts County and was hired again. They were champions of League One, so it's Championship again for El Ticuito.

Zachary Eldinho - Zachary has decided to go down a league in Sweden to see if he can do any better there. He's joined IK Brage.

Christopher Hatton - Sacked by Millwall and took over at Bradford who finished 11th in league one.

Junior - Manager Stats - Was sacked by Rotherham after various poor results. Looking for a new club.

Steven Kemp - Was looking like Brescia would be relegated but he kept them up on the last day of the season.

Aboubakari Mensah - Took over at Maidstone and finished in 10th place in League One.

Bambang Pinheiro - Sacked by Lille and took over at struggling Lorient. They survived on the last day of the season, finishing 16th.

Chris Small - Not too bad overall at Rangers, finishing in 3rd place, getting into Europe.

Retired Fully

El Mantis

Gins

Lewis Walsh

League Tables

English Championship

English League One

Ligue 1

Scottish Premiership

Serie A

MLS

Bambang Pinheiro sacked by FC Lorient.

Quite a change from Arsenal and Liverpool, Antoine Clemont takes over at Gateshead, currently 4th in League Two.

Junior is the new York City manager, currently in the Conference.

El Ticuito didn't last long in his 2nd spell at Notts County, sacked in December.

Not something i saw coming, Lawrence Lazewski has left Orlando City and taken over at Morelia in Mexico in his first managerial role.

That's not good, should have stayed in the closed league system of the US. Hopefully I can win some silverware with Morelia at least.

They were quite low in the table, but i think he's doing quite well with them since joining.