Game crashes while trying to load my saved game

So I bought EHM:EA yesterday and added the database, face packs and logo packs that provide the game with authentic player names, faces and team logos. I played the game without any problems for a good 5 hours or so and logged off. Today I wanted to continue my save but the game crashed every time I tried to load my save. Here are the steps:

1. Open up EHM

2. Tried toggling some preferences (Currency etc.) and save the settings.

3. Pressed Load Recent (can't remember if these are the exact words, but you get the point...)

4. Began loading, but with about 1/4 left on the loading bar I get an error message saying: "Eastside Hockey Manager has stopped working". This ultimately forces me to close the program

I tried some solutions to fix the problem:

1. Tried rebooting Steam

2. Tried rebooting my Computer

3. Tried running Steam as Admin

4. Tried verifying the integrity of the game files (through Steam). The first time it said that two files needed to be reloaded. Second time no issues. Neither time fixed the problem.

5. Tried User Account Settings in Windows to make sure there were no issues there.

All in all I tried to load the save file about 5-7 times and didn't manage to get it working. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

I tried uploading the file again. I can see that there are a couple of versions of the file in /fm/game-save, but I've seemed to have gotten an error message stating "Error: Critical file transfer error". Can you see the file now?

So I tried uploading the save file via Internet Explorer just to make sure that the file is actually at ftp and now I'm confident the upload was successful. You can find the file under "thefoetus_xxx". Any and all files under that name are the same save file.

Let me know if I can provide you with more information relating to the crash. I really hope you guys can fix the issue, I really want to play more of this game with the save I started!

Archived