Faroe Islands Challenge-Take 2: NSI Runavik

shaunvamos

Faroe Islands Challenge- NSI Runavik

Having abandoned this same challenge in the previous version of FM, I have decided to attempt this again.

After reading Makoto's San Marino- The Ultimate Challenge I have decided to do my own challenge, but with a different country. Deciding country to do was fairly easy, as i did not want to use the oft-used countries for similar challenges (San Marino and Andorra). I narrowed my choices to Luxembourg, Malta, Estonia and The Faroe Islands. In the end, the final decision was easy. The Faroes Islands have the third lowest UEFA coefficient and are the third lowest ranked European country (behind San Marino and Andorra). So here i go, attempting to turn the Faroese into a European and ultimately world force.

Introduction (Basing it off the template Makoto used, hopefully he wont mind! )

Challenges/Goals

Club

•Win the Faroese Cup

•Win the Faroese League

•Win the League/Cup Double

•Qualify for the Europa League

•Qualify for the Champions League

•Advance to the Knockout Stages of Europa League

•Advance to Knockout Stages of Champions League

•Win the Europa League

•Win the Champions League

•Win the European Super Cup

•Win the World Club Cup

Club Reputation

•Become the most reputable Faroese club

•Become the most reputable club in Scandinavia/Nordic region

•Become the most reputable club in Europe

•Become the most reputable club in the world!

National Team

•Take charge of the U19/U21 National Team

•Take the Youth National Team to the European Championships

•Qualify for the Youth World Cup

•Advance from the group stage in Youth European Championships

•Advance from the group stage in Youth World Cup

•Win the European Youth Championship

•Win the World Youth Championship

•Take charge of the U23 Side

•Qualify for the Olympics

•Advance to the Knockout Stages of the Olympics

•Medal at the Olympics

•Win the Olympics

•Take Charge of the Senior National Team

•Qualify for Euro

•Qualify for the World Cup

•Advance to the Knockout Stages of Euro

•Advance to the Knockout Stages of the World Cup

•Medal at the Euro

•Medal at the World Cup

•Win Euro

•Win the World Cup

•Qualify for the Confederations Cup

•Advance from the Group Stages of the Confederations Cup

•Win the Confederations Cup

Manager

•Enter Faroese Hall of Fame

•Top of Faroese Hall of Fame

•Highest ranked manager in Scandinavia/Nordic Region

•Enter European Hall of Fame

•Top Manager in Europe

•Enter World Hall of Fame

•Top of the World!

This should take me some while!

I will also only use youth players from my youth intake, and only hire staff from retired club players. No transfers or loans.

Team

Nes Soknar Itrottarfelag Runavik (NSI Runavik)

Why? Because the squad is entirely Faroese, and their colours are black and yellow, my favourite combination of colours lol.

NSI Runavik

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/fr/d/d2/NSI_Runavik.png

Nation: Faroe Islands

Year Founded: 1957

Nickname: None

Chairman Status: Loves the Club

Legends: None

Icons: None

Favoured Personnel: None

Fierce Rivals: B68

Other Rivals: Vikingur Gota, B36

Finances: Okay

Average Ticket Price: $15

Average Season Ticket Price: $187

Season Ticket Holders: 135

Estimated Value: $160,000

Continental Competition: None

Media Prediction: 6th

Squad Personality: Determined

Facilities

Name: vio Lokin

Capacity: 2000 (500 seated)

Stadium Condition: Good

Under Soil Heating: No

Roof: No

Surface: Synthetic (New Type-Soft)

Pitch Condition: Perfect

Corporate Facilities: Basic

Training Facilities: Basic

Youth Facilities: Poor

Junior Coaching: Basic

Youth Recruitment: Basic

I have chosen an even managerial style, with no license and experience as a Sunday League footballer. I have loaded the Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Icelandic, Finnish, English, German, Italian, Spanish, French and Portuguese leagues as view only, with only the Faroese league as playable. The player database is around 62,000 players.

Thats the intro done, what does everyone think? Feedback will be much appreciated

Okay so seeing as I can't post pictures for the time being, the presentation will not look very aesthetic I'm afraid. S hopefully you guys just bear with me until I can get pictures up and running.

In the meantime, here are the expectations the board have of me this season:

League: mid-table finish

Cup: Quarter Finals

Pretty straightforward expectations in my opinion, and hopefully shouldn't be too difficult. My expectations for this season are simply not to get fired!

Transfer and Wage Budget

Transfer budget: 4.68k

Wage budget: 4.01k

Pretty measly transfer budget, but it's not really necessary as I won't be spending any money on transfers at all this season so might adjust the budget to maximise the wages.

Here is our first youth intake, and it appears to be completely useless. But seeing as we have no U19 players, they will no doubt play a part in the remaining season. We will have to wait until next year to get any decent players I guess...

FqqFQ6C.png

2014 Season Review

Results

XpeMbIL.png

Not too much to write home about here, we met the boards expectations and got beaten by a stronger side.

V1ezwTj.png

A fairly average season in the Premier League for NSI, which can only be seen as par for the course at the moment. So where'd we end up?

88rHbdO.png

We were in the running for European places right up until we lost three important games in a row, one of which we should have won. At the same time, it was a solid opening season for the newest manager in the Faroe Islands, and on par with expectations, as evidenced below:

DfNr4SE.png

[/Key Players

Highest Average Rating (and Fans Player of the Year)

jGxbLS4.png

Top Scorer

Wzkpo7K.png

Best XI

QfoiBCh.png

History

ejEKRUt.png

Another youth intake, another poor show. Except for one, who is tipped to become a leading Premier Division player in the future.

wXQVuR7.png

zmLfi6N.png

On a related note, I have been offered a contract extension with NSI, which I have accepted, although my wage will be a third of what I was earning previously. Our finances are also horrible due to there being no prizemoney featured in this league so European football is paramount to our ambitions.

2015 Season Review

Results

x2n5jYf.png

A run which fully exceeded everyone's expectations, including mine, only to lose the final from a winnable position.

wmtk4q9.png

After a massive error on my part, in which I made all my players unavailable for the first team by playing in the reserves, resulted in me playing my youth players, and, well, you saw how useless my first intake was. We got creamed 8-0. I couldn't believe that I made such a stupid mistake, and was very careful for the rest of the season when to put my players in the reserves. Apart from that, we did quite well, and with 5 games to go literally 4 or 5 teams were fighting for the last European place.

gMkfOOi.png

But was it enough to put us in to Europe?

3D8HlDr.png

We certainly did! Credit to my team for bouncing back like they did, was quite remarkable!

Faroese teams in Europe

Vikingur: 1st Round CL Qualifying lost to Flora 0-2

HB: 1st Round EL Qualifying lost to Bohemians (Dublin) 1-3

Skala: 1st Round EL Qual. lost to Stromgodstet 1-8

B36: 1st Round EL Qual. lost to Istra 3-6

Key Players

Highest Average Rating (and Fans Player of the Year)

rioq05h.png

Top Scorer

afXvigR.png

Youth Report

Karstin Nielsen (YP1a): Our number 1 prospect was in good form for the U19 side, scoring 5 from 6 with 3 assists, and also making his debut for the national U19 side, all within the space of 2 months!

May play a future part in the team sooner rather than later as we are set to lose our number 1 player in Klaemint Olsen :(. We are also losing another key playear in Pol Justinussen who, like Olsen, is not going to renew their contracts with us. Dark days ahead for NSI? Next season will tell.

BaM18UX.png

2016 Review

Results

2wKCgZu.png

Not a bad European debut, considering the opposition. Would have been nice to get on the scoreboard though. Oh well!

JlHEVhU.png

We were disappointing here, but the board didn't mind, so that was a saving grace.

bUR0qTv.png

This was one of the most difficult league seasons I have ever experienced in FM. As well as having two of my best players decide not to renew their contracts, a host of injuries to my first team at the beginning of the season meant that my youth had to step up to fill the gaps. And they were garbage. However, once our players regained fitness, we recovered to our somewhat normal level. But would that poor start cost us European qualification?

3wU6S9f.png

Unfortunately, we just missed out, but an outstanding effort by the team to recover some form and save our reputation.

Faroese teams in Europe

KI: CL 1st Round Qual lt TNS (Wales) 1-2

EB/Streymur: EL 2R Qual. lt AA Gent 1-8 (dft FH 6-5 in 1st Rd)

KI: EL 1st Rd Qual. lt Red Star 0-6

Vikingur: EL 1st Rd Qual. lt Rijeka 0-9

Key Player, Top Scorer, and Fans Player of the Year

Bs7RYuZ.png

Amazing year for the 21 year old. On a related note, our starting GK and a key defender have also decided not to renew their contracts, which is very frustrating. We just can't meet their demands apparently.

Youth Report

Karstin Nielsen (YP1a): The inaugural NSI prospect had the chance to make an impact in the first team when the main striker got injured, and what did he do? He got injured the next training session, suffering a hernia which kept him out for 6 weeks, and upon recovering from this he decided that in a match he was going to break his ribs, just to annoy me. He still had an okay season despite the circumstances, but didn't play a game for the senior side. Despite this, he still managed to represent the U19 national side a few times.

Allan Danielsen (YP2a): The current number 1 prospect in the club had a decent start to his career, but nothing special so far. Watch this space, however.

Sjúrður Hvannastein (YP2b): Scored 2 from 4 appearnces for the youth team. May debut next year for the seniors depending on form and injuries to those higher up the pecking order.

Rúni Nielsen (YP2c): He looks to be the one showing the most potential at the moment, picking up 2 PoM awards at youth level before becoming the first prospect to play for the senior team. In the starting 11, he made the world sit up and take notice as he scored in his senior debut. An exciting time to be a fan of NSI, and a fan of Runi.

Øssur Olsen (YP2d): Did his bit for the youth side, with 3 assists in 4 games.

zUiab5d.png

2016 Season Review

This is really all you need to know.... :(

Ul8aJT3.png

I'm not even going to show the fixtures, its far too embarrassing.

LC1uWjP.png

Injuries, and key players not renewing their contracts ensured we were doomed from the outset.

No Players Worth a Mention

Youth Players

Karstin Nielsen (YP1a): If anything he was our best player. Highest average rating, top goalscorer, will probably make the permanent jump into the main team next year.

Allan Danielsen (YP2a): Spent his entire season with the U19s. Was solid but unspectacular. Made his debut but didn't shine. Given the team we had to work with I wasn't surprised.

Sjúrður Hvannastein (YP2b): Didn't do much in his limited appearances.

Rúni Nielsen (YP2c): He was consistent enough to become a first team regular. Hopefully this trend continues next season.

Øssur Olsen (YP2d):: Played okay for the youth team, may struggle to make the jump to seniors. Probably another year where he is for now.

The other youth prospects performed well in the youths, so will be tracking their progress closely.

Join us next season as we literally start from scratch and attempt to rebuild the club into a force. Sometimes, in order to go forwards you must first go backwards. Hopefully this will ring true.

9tO07B0.png

2018 Season Review

FIrwkG7.png

I wont be showing the fixtures until I get back up into the top division, and even then may only consider it when we get into Europe again. I am happy with my teams performance as I did not want to get promoted right away after the embarrassments of last season. We held our own here despite the board having doubts I could avoid relegation. Our cup run almost had a fairytale ending as we scored first but ended up going down 3-2. Because IF didn't win the league, we will not be playing in Europe, which is a good thing given the state of the team, but would have been nice to boost the finances. Our season will definitely be more difficult as three more key players decided not to renew their contracts, including my first team keeper, and our replacement keeper has grey stars compared to him. Will probably expect to stay put in the first division for the time being.

In European news, HB made it to the third qualifying round of the Champions League before losing in the Europa League playoff.

Top Scorer, Highest Average Rating, Assist Leader, Fans Player of the Year

AidRQRz.png

Our first regen key player, and he's not even a prospect! One of the success stories of this season, he went from not being able to score at all in the Premier League to scoring consistently here. Obviously this means he's much more suited to life in the lower leagues, but he can definitely change my mind. Also has an U21 cap to his name so can't be all that shabby.

Youth Prospects

Karstin Nielsen (YP1a): Spent most of his time in the U19s, but will make the jump to the first team permanently, also because he's too old now. Shone for the first team when he was required, and this is promising. Could be up for a full cap soon as well.

Allan Danielsen (YP2a): Didn't play too badly, but wasn't outstanding either. Still have high hopes though.

Sjúrður Hvannastein (YP2b): Was a first team regular, and played quite well. A couple of U21 caps too.

Rúni Nielsen (YP2c): Wow, his mentals are quite good I've noticed! Played really well and is now the clubs best CAM. He will only keep getting better so keep an eye on him.

Øssur Olsen (YP2d): Probably our most disappointing prospect thus far.

Høgni Olsen (YP3a): Dunno what happened here, but will definitely get more game time as he is the equal best striker in our team due to a departure.

Hanus Samuelsen (YP3b): Was good when he played. Hopefully will play more next season.

Jan Hvannastein (YP3c): Had an excellent season, I expect him to keep it up next year.

Fróði Jacobsen (YP3d): Didn't do much in the youths. Oh well.

Kári Sørensen (YP3e): Was in excellent form for the youth team, hopefully will reciprocate that form in the first team next year. A few U21 caps as well.

Teitur Hansen (YP4a): Played well for the youths, already debuted for the first team, AND capped at U19 level. What's not to like?

Hanus Petersen (YP4b): Scored a hattrick in his only youth appearance.

Janus Joensen (YP4c): Scored in his one youth appearance.

3laJghP.png

Liking this update.

Think i might start a similar save. Have checked Andorra but no squad has many real players so probably try Luxembourg or Malta

Go for it mate! I would try Luxembourg, I've never seen anyone do that before.

Archived