Attribute explanation

Which ones would you like explained?

Yes, that would help but will say this: unless things have undergone a radical change from the original versions, most all have FM equivalents. For example, checking=marking, off the puck= off the ball etc. Post up a list and someone will help you with those you can't figure out.

Deflections, Hitting, Stick Handling, Deking. And an insight in what situations wristshot/slapshot attributes are important.

I don't know how the game handles these exactly, but knowing hockey these mean:

Deflections: using your stick to deflect a shot puck

Hitting: I think this means fighting ability

Stick handling: How well player can handle the puck and not lose it

Deking: Basically dribbling but with a stick it becomes deking

i would think slapshot is used when far away from goal and wristshot when near goal. So slapshot is more important to a goalscoring defenseman, since they are more far away from goal. All kinds of shooting is important to a forward naturally.

I don't know how the game handles these exactly, but knowing hockey these mean:

Deflections: using your stick to deflect a shot puck

Hitting: I think this means fighting ability

Stick handling: How well player can handle the puck and not lose it

Deking: Basically dribbling but with a stick it becomes deking

i would think slapshot is used when far away from goal and wristshot when near goal. So slapshot is more important to a goalscoring defenseman, since they are more far away from goal. All kinds of shooting is important to a forward naturally.

Pretty much spot on, a couple of tweaks:

Hitting isn't fighting, it's the power you have when hitting body to body. So basically how hard you hit the opponent (legally) when checking.

Deking is sort of like dummying in football, so it's the movement you have with your stick to try and put your opponent off balance or going the wrong way.

Thank you, kullipylly.

So can anyone explain training? Firstly, coaches, here it's more or less clear, but I have to ask, which coaching attributes are responsible for Conditioning and Skating. Secondly, players, what attributes are each training schedule (Fitness, Skating, Shooting, Off. Skill, Def. Skill, Tactics) responsible for, I'm unsure about some of them, and there is no way to check in game, like there is in FM.

Actually, checking would be 'tackling' as opposed to marking.

No, it would be hitting that would closest to tackling, but it isn't exactly a one-to-one comparison; In the real-life game, checking can refer to both the guarding of the player and hitting him. In the EHM context, it means the ability to stick close to your man defensively and prevent him from playing.

Archived