Sports Interactive Community
Chester16

Screen Resolution Issues

I've just downloaded the game from Steam. When I go to play EHM, the screen resolution goes from 1920x1080 to 1260x720, making the screen overly large and rendering the game unplayable.

How can this be fixed or am I doomed not to be able to play?

Windows 7 and all drivers up to date.

Have you tried going into the game preferences and unticking "Full screen" ?

Thats the problem. Its from start up. I cant get into the game preferences. I also had the same problem with EHM 07, which I discussed on The Blue Line as well.

I now also appear to have other issues but I'll start a separate thread for that.

Thats the problem. Its from start up. I cant get into the game preferences. I also had the same problem with EHM 07, which I discussed on The Blue Line as well.

I now also appear to have other issues but I'll start a separate thread for that.

Quit the game.

Run from Steam with the following Custom Launch Options:

-small_screen -windowed

Try again and see how you get on.

I had the same issue and tried your solution. It did not work. I typed "-small_screen -windowed" into the launch options but the same error occurred. Help!

You typed it exactly as I had written it in the screenshot?

Fixed - go to the game folder. Right click the application icon and select properties. Click the compatibility tab. There's a box down by the bottom that mentions automatically adjusting to DPI. Check that box.

Voila

Fixed - go to the game folder. Right click the application icon and select properties. Click the compatibility tab. There's a box down by the bottom that mentions automatically adjusting to DPI. Check that box.

Voila

Didn't work for me.. any other suggestions? I want it to be windowed but it says that it cant't initialize graphics. Screen resolution must be bigger than 1024 x 768, yet my screen resolution is. I want EHM to be in windowed mode, not two black bars either side of the game.

Voila

Works though ends up in a tiny window. Then when I hit quit, I get the dreaded black screen.

I'm in the same spot with the resolution problem, changing the settings and the launch options doesn't do anything. It's just stretched out. I wonder if it's only an issue for people with certain native resolutions.

I also have this problem. I'm running on a 14" laptop. Laptop resolution is 1366x768, so it's greater than 1024x768.

Even when the game is on "Full Screen" it only uses a square at the center of it (and not the full size of the screen) - height of the screen is fully used, but only ~70% of the width is used.

Tried the custom launch options, as well as the compatibility issue (for what it's worth, I don't have any trouble running FM on full screen or windowed, without any configurations).

The game currently only runs either in a 1024x768 full screen mode, or alternatively in a 1024x768 window. In the latter case, you need to have a higher vertical resolution than 768 as the window borders would need room, so in this case it can only run in full screen mode at 1024x768. Widescreen resolution is currently not supported, hence the black areas on the sides.

The game currently only runs either in a 1024x768 full screen mode, or alternatively in a 1024x768 window. In the latter case, you need to have a higher vertical resolution than 768 as the window borders would need room, so in this case it can only run in full screen mode at 1024x768. Widescreen resolution is currently not supported, hence the black areas on the sides.

Are there any plans to support widescreen resolution?

I know how big of a change this could be on your end... but having a bigger/widescreen window would be great to fit in more panels and such. :D

I am having issues too. I jave windows 8.1 and screen res at 1920 x 1020. I've tried forcing it back in window mode but it still crashes back to steam. So far I can't play the game. no matter what I try.

I can only add to it, mine wont run in windowed mode either, have a 1080p screen.

First launch it opened in windowed and then it said your resolution is to small to run in windowed mode. After that i can only run in standard fullscreen mode.

Not a big issue for me personally since it is early access and everything, ehm2007 was same for me

Get the giant black bars down the sides as well. The game window itself is fine, just sandwiched between the giant black bars. As a result it's just kind of small and it makes it very hard to read muh of the on screen text over the backgrounds, which leads to the porblem of the game becoming very very hard to play.

Tried out the various suggestions above. Either they have no effect or i get the error message about graphics resolution size. Any actual fixes that work or any idea when it will be patched?

For reference my resolution is 1366 x 786 (ASUS X550C)

Get the giant black bars down the sides as well. The game window itself is fine, just sandwiched between the giant black bars. As a result it's just kind of small and it makes it very hard to read muh of the on screen text over the backgrounds, which leads to the porblem of the game becoming very very hard to play.

Tried out the various suggestions above. Either they have no effect or i get the error message about graphics resolution size. Any actual fixes that work or any idea when it will be patched?

For reference my resolution is 1366 x 786 (ASUS X550C)

Same thing on my Asus T100. I really wish I could play in windows mode (as I think it might fix the doubla tap to press a button annoyance)