Eastside is back

The specifications don't list Intel Celeron processors...is this because they can't run it? I'm normally a Mac user so I don't understand pc CPUs.It is a Celeron N2840 at 2.16GHz.

It should run fine

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cross-post:

Couldn't be happier for Riz and the team that's kept EHM alive!

Recalling the days of the freeware EHM and eastside.peliplannetta.net. The SI EHM releases corresponded with my first years at university. A lot of time spent building the Flyers into champions, instead of my work. This is fantastic news.

Will the Champions Hockey League be a feature considered at any point? We had the old European Club tournaments on EHM07. That would be very nice! And if you are feeling generous the Spengler Cup :D

I imagine there will be work to do with licensing, if they pursue that route. Could see it going the direction of a slow build, with fake leagues and heavy community support before reacquiring league licensing.

Awesome!!! Bought it on Steam as soon as I heard.

I hope your marketing team does a good job in spreading the word. You should be hitting all the hockey related forums and informing them that EHM is back.

Many thanks for the generous pricing! I would have happily paid full usual £40.00 price tag right now. 476 in game on steam looks like a good start too. I'm sure it'll jump up once the North Americans finish work!

Sorry Gareth, what does "476 in game on steam" mean? Its not sales figures I guess as that's confidential, is it number of people playing it? And where can you find this information?

Thank you SI!!!!! There's only so much EHM2007 one can play over the years :-) But it was the only game I played while I was in hospital and helped pass the time and keep my sanity. I can't wait to see what the full release becomes and I've already spread the word with my hockey team and they seem keen on it too.

I did a Google search of my name and was shocked to see I was a credited researcher on EHM. I enjoyed the freeware version, bought all retail versions and am about to dive into Early Access. Needless to say I'm thrilled to hear of this development.

Sorry Gareth, what does "476 in game on steam" mean? Its not sales figures I guess as that's confidential, is it number of people playing it? And where can you find this information?

There are stats on Steam to say how many people are playing it at the same time. 835 is the current peak record: http://steamcharts.com/app/301120

I might decide to get this, I like Ice Hockey and had the earlier games, didn't play them all that much really, that was mainly because of FM and that is the reason I'm currently weighing up deciding to make the purchase or not.

Hi Rooneymagic, yes what Archibalduk has said, sorry for not replying sooner! Nice to see it's almost at 1,000 so soon!

Thanks Gareth!

When will this be available without using Steam? Absolutely thrilled for the game, but will never allow steam installed on a computer I own.

There are no plans to release outside of Steam, which is true for many games now. You will have a quickly shrinking pool of games to play with that policy.

Holy s...

This is such great news. I don't believe I have ever bought a game this fast before - I didn't even read the news release all through before I was running around the house looking for my credit-card. Now I am only sorry I didn't discover the news before my easter vacation was over.

Will be following developement closely now - this is so exciting. Bring on the Champions League and the Danish League :-)

Wow...this is absolutely mind-blowing news! I remember when the game was shelved, Riz told us that this is not the end for EHM...and clearly he kept his promise. I am absolutely thrilled to hear the game is back and will be developed further.

I have never played a game in my life that consumed more of my time than EHM....I'll definitely have to re-adjust my schedule now ha

• SI Staff

Implementing new leagues during Early Access depends on getting the necessary details of the league structures and the complexity of said league structures and playing formats. The more unconventional the league, the longer it will take to implement things so obviously some leagues will be easier and quicker to add.

Archived