What Makes A Goalscorer?!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

"Pass into space" - does your AF have high anticipation and off-the-ball skills?

All those wasted long shots: Cleon has made a couple of threads that addresses this common problem directly - it's you tactics! He'll unlock the door for you.

Yes, we're talking about Mauro Icardi here, anticipation 18, off the ball 17. Attributes isn't the problem with my squad.

Only topic where Cleon's having trouble with long shots is his Sheffield FC-thread, but it's only partly fixed he mentions in his last update.. Are there other threads as well?

In his Sheffield FC-game he changes his mentality to defensive, but I like the risk taking from the control mentality. Maybe I just need to sit deeper to create more space for my attacking unit?

So what roles would you use when playing 

Iofra Mandi abdoul

de leat.wb(a)   Meli.          Rahman wb (a)

Hughes cm (s)

Lincoln ap(a)

Preciedo cf (s) batshuyshi cf (a)

i score goals but i feel I should be creating more or at least have a goal scorer that has scored more than others and I don't see that on the stats 

Hi to all !

this is (probabibly) (for me) the best thread on this community ;

i need some help , i'm trying or looking,

that my 433 system works with an AF, to try to get this, I'm go with:

----

counter,play th. the defence

---

wb (s) - cd - cd - wb (a)

dmc (d)

dlp (s) - cm (a)

if (s)                     ap(s)

Af (a)

But I can not get my AF scores regularly, where do you think I have the error?

thx a lot to all !

(sorry 4 my english)

• 9 months later...

I have a question. 

Let's assume that I want my Inside Forward to be my main goal scorer. Does the principles here explained still apply? If so, how can I structure my attack to make this happen? I've tried different types of setups and I'm still unable to achieve this. The player in question is Alexis Sanchez. I want to play a direct attack game (based on Mourinho's Madrid) and I want Alexis to be my Ronaldo. 

From the various times I've tried I always have him score little and with average (if not poor) ratings.

5 minutes ago, jukilo said:

I have a question. 

Let's assume that I want my Inside Forward to be my main goal scorer. Does the principles here explained still apply? If so, how can I structure my attack to make this happen? I've tried different types of setups and I'm still unable to achieve this. The player in question is Alexis Sanchez. I want to play a direct attack game (based on Mourinho's Madrid) and I want Alexis to be my Ronaldo. 

From the various times I've tried I always have him score little and with average (if not poor) ratings.

No matter where the person plays who you want to be the scorer, the principles will always apply it doesn't change. You still need all the things mentioned.

If you want the IF to be the main scorer then look at the rest of your set up and look at who is making the space, who provides support and who is providing him the ball. The article explains all this though.

Ok, thanks for clarifying this.

I've started once again with Arsenal in the hope of making this work. I'm still on pre-season but this are my main set ups. As I said before I want my AML/ML to be my main goal scorer. The logic behind the roles and duties is simple: the CWB gives width and attacking prowess from the right flank, the DLP must control the game from deep and provide the occasional long pass to my main goal scorer also on that side, the CM (S) should give power and support from midfield (played by Matuidi), Ozil as a simple Attacking Midfielder to not attract the ball and have more options (move into channels and roam from position) and the striker to be able to play with the rest and still push the opponent defensive line back.

Do you see this a coherent set up for what I want? 

Arsenal_  Overview.png

Arsenal_  Overview-2.png

Arsenal_  Overview-3.png

Arsenal_  Overview-4.png

Arsenal_  Overview-5.png

Arsenal_  Overview-6.png

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...