Sports Interactive Community
Cpt_Short

Experiment Idea - Bringing Hollywood to Life

Today I was modifying some tactics with my Bognor Regis side and found myself using a tactic with very little in the way of creativity, but which seemed to promote a certain level of INDIVIDUAL brilliance (IE we won a match 2-0, both goals were sheer inspiration from the scorers). It made me wonder if I could build a philosophy around this, only vastly exaggerated.

Here's what I'd do, I'd round up the flashiest team i could; players with high numbers in areas like Flair and Technique and other similar attributes, perhaps also with low teamwork stats, then set up all their roles to suit that player alone, not the team, and let them have a bit of fun. I've seen lots of cartoon programmes and movies where there's always a heroic player who wins it for the team, (if you've ever seen Galactic Football you'll know what i mean, that programme was absurd :lol: ). That's the sort of ethos i'm looking at. A system where every player is out there just to do what they feel like doing. I don't know if this has been done before, but I've never seen anyone try this, and certainly the vast majority of tactics revolve around the bigger picture and players linking together to pick apart the oppositions weaknesses (and rightly so).

However I'm not really sure how to go about doing this. Do I use player instructions? What team to I try this with? Who would I sign? What formation would be best? There's a lot of unknowns to work out. It seems like a difficult thing to try, and even harder still to be successful with. But if people are interested and have any ideas for how I could go about this little project I'd be extremely happy to chat to you about this and get the community involved so we can build this team as a collective.

Like I said it's just a fun idea for people to discuss what they think will happen and see if we really can create the perfect Hollywood "Soccer" team. So if you want to see this reply to the thread with your suggestions :)

I guess so? Maybe it would be cool to try it lower down in the leagues though. After all most Sunday League teams end up like this so you could say it's like trying to take your average sunday league team up the football ladder.

Don't mind me, just kidding about. It's certainly an interesting idea.

Isn't this basically what Real Madrid are? :D

It is. It requires a lot of consistency from each player. I think your main shout would be 'Be More Expressive'. For the attacking players you can tell them to run with the ball more often and maybe shoot more often.

you would probably want to head to Spain, Portugal or Sth America I would think.

you could just put players in positions and roles they are natural at and just use pi's to get movement better.

interesting idea, but wouldn't work, and no, real madrid comes close, but they do a lot of teamwork as well.

Probably not, but that's part of the fun. To be honest, I think it's possible to make nearly anything work. Some ideas are just harder to get right. Either way being successful isn't the objective, it's more to see how individuals thrive in that environment and see if we can actually recreate the sort of magic moments we get on the silver screen. You don't know unless you try.

It is. It requires a lot of consistency from each player. I think your main shout would be 'Be More Expressive'. For the attacking players you can tell them to run with the ball more often and maybe shoot more often.

Good advice! Encourage the players to be a bit selfish, i like it. I could imagine this being the kind of team that argues over who gets dibs on free-kicks :lol:

Make sure your players all "Likes to argue with officials" because who are the refs to say what your divas can and can't do!? ;)

I think this thread would be alot more benifical in the tactics forum. Some quality tacticians there who could help you out alot

Right guys I'm ready to do this now if we're all still interested. One thing before we get underway though, how do we want to do this? I can put in here if you'd like, or i could make a thread in FM Stories or somewhere like that if you'd prefer. It's up to you really to say which is easier. It doesn't bother me particularly either way

I think this thread would be alot more benifical in the tactics forum. Some quality tacticians there who could help you out alot

I thought so too but I held back because putting it here reaches a wider audience.