Do you want an "Instant result" button for full-fat mode.

Do you want an "Instant Result" button for Full-Fat FM?  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want an "Instant Result" button for Full-Fat FM?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you don't want to use it, then you don't have to use it, but how do you feel about an "Instant Result" button being added to the full-fat version of the game?

How would it work?

I don't play FMC so don't know, does the AM take control? Are changes made? Is the game played out in full or the score semi simmed based on club rep etc?

Overall I can see some users making use of it but I would like to think the match was played out in full and not just have a random score created based on off field stats.

You can get skins that add it for you, so not too bothered about them adding it as standard. Seems against the ethos of the full game, so given those two, I doubt they'll add it.

Well the reason I ask is because.... (and I'm sure if this is wrong then someone will correct me), the game code used for the "Instant Result" feature has been created for FMC so when it is used for Full-Fat it doesn't work 100% as intended. In particular, if you complete a match plan, then if you have any injuries then no subs will be made. This isn't something that SI has got wrong. It works fine in FMC. It just doesn't transfer to Full Fat.

If they added the button to Full Fat, (so that it worked as it does in FMC), then you could choose to use it if you wanted to, or ignore it if you wanted to.

Seems win/win to me.

Well the reason I ask is because.... (and I'm sure if this is wrong then someone will correct me), the game code used for the "Instant Result" feature has been created for FMC so when it is used for Full-Fat it doesn't work 100% as intended. In particular, if you complete a match plan, then if you have any injuries then no subs will be made. This isn't something that SI has got wrong. It works fine in FMC. It just doesn't transfer to Full Fat.

If they added the button to Full Fat, (so that it worked as it does in FMC), then you could choose to use it if you wanted to, or ignore it if you wanted to.

Seems win/win to me.

From a user perspective, yeah, probably. From SI's...I wouldn't be so sure. Like I said, in the same way that the editor is against the ethos of FMC, this button is probably against the ethos of full fat. There's things I'd much rather they concentrated on, rather than something that's available - albeit in a form that may not be 100% reliable - already via 3rd party skins.

How would it work?

I don't play FMC so don't know, does the AM take control? Are changes made? Is the game played out in full or the score semi simmed based on club rep etc?

Overall I can see some users making use of it but I would like to think the match was played out in full and not just have a random score created based on off field stats.

Well the match is calculated in exact;y the same way as it would be if you pressed "Go to match". The only difference is that you can't change things during the match to alter the outcome. If you use a a match plan then it's just like making the changes in a normal match yourself.

I would far prefer that the game went back to allowing the match to continue playing whilst ALT+tab out when running full screen. So I can browse the internet whilst occasionally looking back to see how the first half is going before watching the whole second half. I'm not against a instant result button but I'd almost never use it.

I use a skin that has it and I make use of it occassionally. Usually when the result doesn't matter so much - like the last match or two of the season after the title is wrapped up, or a friendly where I don't care about the substitutions being made in a certain way.

I don't understand why anyone would want button whose only function is to not play the game. I spend a lot of time finding and training players, setting up tactics, managing my squad and so on for the sole purpose of playing and winning matches. Sounds like studying and then not showing up to the exam. So no, not the least interested in such a function.

I don't understand why anyone would want button whose only function is to not play the game. I spend a lot of time finding and training players, setting up tactics, managing my squad and so on for the sole purpose of playing and winning matches. Sounds like studying and then not showing up to the exam. So no, not the least interested in such a function.

Well from my personal point of view there are a few reasons.

1. I'm in 2040 now and most Serie A matches are not really important for me. I want to play Cup games and Champions League games etc, (and my main challenge is now International competitions). If I can use instant result for home games against the bottom 3/4 of the table then it will really speed things up for me.

2. When I started playing, forget about 3D match engine. There was not even a 2D match engine. It was commentary only, (and pretty limited commentary at that). The game is about far more than individual matches.

Each to their own though. (I would never have thought I would disagree with you going back 18 months or so. I guess that this really long-term save has changed the way I play the game. If I was starting a new save of FM14 or FM15, then maybe this feature might be less attractive).

Don't understand ANYBODYS problem with it. Don't like it then don't use it. It wouldn't effect people that didn't want to use it at all. And people that did would appreciate it greatly.

When something is so obviously a positive it's inevitable people will decide they don't like it & oppose it. It makes too much sense for them to handle.

There's always someone in these threads who takes the "I wouldn't use it so I can't understand why others would" attitude.

Some people like to play the game as a sort of director of football, where they do all squad building, training etc, but leave the matches themselves to their assistant. Some people don't want to play every single game. The beauty of FM is it's built to allow you to play it however you like.

I think it would be a great addition personally but can see why it might be difficult to implement to the full version.

I have it with the skin I'm using but I don't really use it.

I may tinker with it if I get a crash dump and don't want to replay the games I've not saved but want to keep the same results. Handy for that purpose I suppose but that's all really.

So on that basis, I'm out! :)

How would it work?

A full match is technically a instant result if you do not make changes. The game has already decided the outcome and recalculates through your changes if you decide to make any. That is how the match plan is a good thing.

Why add it to full-fat FM? If you want to play with an instant result button then use FMC, it is what it is there for. I doubt that is going to be a very popular opinion, but there you go.

It would definitely be very popular with those who want to speed the game in full FM.

How many times have you wished that FMC needs the analysis tab? :D

Personally, I would use it a lot. For me FM is about unwinding after a hard days work and I play FM more as a DoF. The fun for me is scouting and buying good talents and selling them on with a profit. I treat a club more as a trading house, where my first goal is to be profitable without the sale of players.

I'm not really that interested in the matches and use a downloaded tactic. Hmmm come to think of it, maybe i should be playing FMC hahahaha.

Nah. I think the more the game will deviate from being an actual football manager game it will be worse for me. Matches are the most important part of the game and I notice that people tend to not think so which is very weird. Football is about playing and winning matches, not transfering players or scouting youngsters. These are side activities. Sorry if I'm being harsh but I think instant results and stuff like that should remain in the lightweight version of the game, where they belong.

Don't understand ANYBODYS problem with it. Don't like it then don't use it. It wouldn't effect people that didn't want to use it at all. And people that did would appreciate it greatly.

When something is so obviously a positive it's inevitable people will decide they don't like it & oppose it. It makes too much sense for them to handle.

I know that stance seems quite simple and straightforward, (and I would agree with you in this instance), but at the same time I cannot begin to explain to you how annoying the "magic sponge" option is for me on FMC. (It's just such a turn-off and riles me FAR more than it should). This might be a similar thing for others.

Nah. I think the more the game will deviate from being an actual football manager game it will be worse for me. Matches are the most important part of the game and I notice that people tend to not think so which is very weird. Football is about playing and winning matches, not transfering players or scouting youngsters. These are side activities. Sorry if I'm being harsh but I think instant results and stuff like that should remain in the lightweight version of the game, where they belong.

May as well remove the option to holiday on match day then too.

May as well remove the option to holiday on match day then too.

Ok I don't mind them as features but I use neither of them. I just think that if we also have the option to just one click all matches, the game will lose some of its substance, at least in my opinion

Ok I don't mind them as features but I use neither of them. I just think that if we also have the option to just one click all matches, the game will lose some of its substance, at least in my opinion

You already have. Start the match and go for a snack, when you come back the match is finished (assume there was no injuries). Instant result! :p

I would love to see the instant result button as an option when you start a carreer in the full game mode, but since Neil has already stated it won't happen I'm happy with the compromise of using a skin

I sort of get where you are coming from.

My save though, (I'm in 2040 still playing FM14), has got to a stage where a lot of Serie A games are little more than friendlies now though. Nobody seems to have an issue with letting the Ass Man take control of friendly matches, so why not other matches too.

So far in 2040 I have lost 0 Serie A matches.

Last season I lost 1 Serie A match.

The season before I lost 2 Serie A matches.

The season before that I lost 3 Serie A matches.

The season before that i lost 6 Serie A matches. (I was rebuilding).

The season before that I lost 2 Serie A matches. (I was rebuilding).

The season before that I lost 7 serie A matches. (I was rebuilding).

The season before that i lost 1 Serie A match.

The season before that I lost 3 Serie A matches.

The season before that i lost 1 Serie A match.

When I look at home games, the results are even more consistent.

Current. Drew 1 Lost 0.

Last. Drew 1 Lost 0.

Previous. Drew 0 Lost 1.

Previous. Drew 3 Lost 0.

Previous. Drew 1 Lost 0.

Previous. Drew 2 Lost 0.

Previous. Drew 4 Lost 0.

Previous. Drew 2 Lost 1.

Previous. Drew 2 Lost 0.

Previous. Drew 2 Lost 1.

Previous. Drew 1 Lost 2.

Previous. Drew 0 Lost 2.

Previous. Drew 0 lost 3.

Previous. Drew 4 Lost 0.

Previous. Drew 3 Lost 1.

Previous. Drew 2 Lost 0.

Previous. Drew 2 Lost 1.

Previous. Drew 3 Lost 0.

Previous. Drew 2 Lost 0.

Previous. Drew 2 Lost 1.

Previous. Drew 2 Lost 1.

So I think that's 14 home games lost in.... 21 seasons at 19 home games a season = 399 games = approx 3.51%.

A lot of my home games now are very one-sided and it's not a case of if I will win, but how much. I would never have thought of holidaying or instant resulting these games earlier in the save, but now they are boring and that's exactly what I want to do. I don't have the control i want with the holiday feature, so Instant result seems like a much better option.

I don't want to "IR" all home games, (because there are also the drawn games to consider), but I do want to skip the games where we just proper hammer teams, (which is quite a lot of games).

Nobody cares that your Ass Man can manage club friendlies or even NT friendlies, so isn't this similar? At least the game will be played with your squad selection and your tactics, (which isn't always the case in holiday mode).

The whole point of doing this is to stop me from getting bored and allow me to get through the seasons faster, (I'm not an ultra-quick player like dafuge), and where as I might want to speed through these games, I actually want to manage some particular U19 games, (don't ask). IR'ing these matches would give me just the additional time I need to go and manage those U19 matches without a season taking me all month. I've just started doing it, (loving it so far), but the reason for this thread is that I'm aware that if I use the feature how it is intended, (and create a plan), then if I get an injury then subs won't kick in.

It seems we have the ability to introduce this, (and I was wondering how popular or not this might be), but it also seems, from looking at Neil's response, is that it's not going to happen anytime soon, (and I can understand that I guess).

It would be good though if maybe SI could change the code within FMC so that it is transferable to Full-Fat via skinning for those of us who do want to use it. Like I said earlier, seems win/win to me.

Maybe the answer to all this is improving the AI on squad building and match handling so that the game doesn't become too easy after a given amount of time.

However I must say that I don't really care if something like that is implemented since I'm not going to use it anyway.

I just believe that the focus should be more in how to make the game more realistic, challenging and clear (meaning clarifying the tactical options and instructions to the player etc) rather than simplifying it.

It would be good to have the instant result button in the full game. I very much prefer FM over FMC, but the most time consuming thing in the game is micromanaging the matches. With instant results the saves progress much much quicker. When I play I usually concentrate on things like finding and buying the best youngsters rather than finetuning tactics, so I have mostly used skins with instant result button for a the past few game versions when they have been available. Only when the game is of great importance do I actually enter the match.

Currently it definitely is a disadvantage to use an instant result skin with the full-fat game, since substitutes are not used unless there is an injury. I really hope that the feature is properly brought into the full game.

There are absolutely no plans for it to be added to the full version. I'd say you've probably got more chance of a stadium manager being added.

Another one which have been on my wishlist for years ... since '93 - lol

It would be good to have the instant result button in the full game. I very much prefer FM over FMC, but the most time consuming thing in the game is micromanaging the matches. With instant results the saves progress much much quicker. When I play I usually concentrate on things like finding and buying the best youngsters rather than finetuning tactics, so I have mostly used skins with instant result button for a the past few game versions when they have been available. Only when the game is of great importance do I actually enter the match.

Currently it definitely is a disadvantage to use an instant result skin with the full-fat game, since substitutes are not used unless there is an injury. I really hope that the feature is properly brought into the full game.

I of course can't tell anyone how to enjoy a game, but for me this is the problem. As I see it being a football manager, the actual games should be the most important ,interesting and time consuming part of your "job".

I personally think that FM should progress with that in mind, not towards being a youngster finder or a finances director game. But of course that's personal prefference and opinion.

• Administrators
hen I play I usually concentrate on things like finding and buying the best youngsters rather than finetuning tactics, so I have mostly used skins with instant result button for a the past few game versions when they have been available. Only when the game is of great importance do I actually enter the match.

If these are the kinds of reasons why you want to use Instant Result I'd recommend playing FMC as you'll be able to progress through the game years much faster.

If "instant result" was the only difference between the two versions, that would have made a lot of sense. Currently the classic mode is lacking too many features to be a good alternative for me. Just because I dislike the engine noise of my car doesn't mean I will use my bicycle instead (there's ice on the road for starters :))

• Administrators

I'm really not sure what all these "too many features" are for you. If you have feedback on classic on what you miss, etc you can give that here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405220-Official-Football-Manager-2015-Classic-Mode-Feedback-Thread

If you haven't already given it a try (a season or more), you might be surprised than just judging it on face value and using analogies to make a vague point that isn't really constructive.

If these are the kinds of reasons why you want to use Instant Result I'd recommend playing FMC as you'll be able to progress through the game years much faster.

I want to use "IR" because it speeds up progress and allows me to miss games that are often one-sided and not very enjoyable.

When I have tried FMC, I just couldn't take to it.

There is no tutoring which is a biggy for me but I will probably give it another try the next time I start a new game, (possibly FM16 now).

Allright, I can be more more constructive. The problem I have with the current division between full-fat and classic mode is that it is pigeonholing people into one of two playstyles. Everyone who prefer something in the middle (such as having the full-fat mode with instant results) will have to make a choice and either feel they are missing out of something (if they use the classic mode) or feel that they are getting features they would rather not bother with (if they use full-fat mode). I love the full blown version of football manager 2015, with all its small nuances, but I would rather go through seasons quickly to put more emphasis on player development and long term changes in the football world. In an ideal world I could select from a list which features I would like in my game when I started, and in that costumisz the game to my liking. Certain elements would obviously always need to be in a game, but with classic mode you have already shown that some elements can be taken out and still provide a good experience.

I know what I'm describing most likely completely unrealistic. It is not a serious suggestion, but rather a description of what I would see as an ideal

I voted 'no' in the poll because for me the key thing in the game is the match itself and I think that by having an 'Instant Result' button you'd be putting yourself at a disadvantage as you wouldn't be able to make decisions during the match which could influence the result. The only time I could see it being useful would be if the game crashed and you had to replay several matches. I'd be tempted to use the 'Instant Result' then, but not for anything else.

Why add it to full-fat FM? If you want to play with an instant result button then use FMC, it is what it is there for. I doubt that is going to be a very popular opinion, but there you go.

It's not going to be popular if it's purposefully illogical. FMC isn't simply 'normal FM with an instant result button', so your compromise is ludicrous. And I feel dumber just having to explain this. Plus, it's optional.

I'm really not sure what all these "too many features" are for you. If you have feedback on classic on what you miss, etc you can give that here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405220-Official-Football-Manager-2015-Classic-Mode-Feedback-Thread

If you haven't already given it a try (a season or more), you might be surprised than just judging it on face value and using analogies to make a vague point that isn't really constructive.

Lack of tutoring, too many gimmicks etc.

Full fat needs trimming down anyway, player interaction, press crap. The more FMC I see, the more I'm convinced there needs to be a middle ground type game.

The skin I use allows for "instant result". If you go for instant result and leave the match plan alone then you will get substitutes. If you set match plan on say; "play to win" or one of the other tactics then you get no substitutes.

I actually see it as an addition to the game that I can use if I want, so not sure why SI would not want to allow it on the full game. I still do planning and training and such like but there are times when I do not want to go through and play and watch the match even on the key only setting. Currently you could set the game to key only and push up the speed to the top notch and it whizzes through - so not much difference really. Except of course you have to attend the match.

If it is a question of coding then that would be different - it's not as though it's a win button feature merely a convenience for those that want to skip matches if they so wish.

I of course can't tell anyone how to enjoy a game

Why then do you follow this up by telling people how to enjoy their game?

As I see it being a football manager, the actual games should be the most important ,interesting and time consuming part of your "job".

Not all people play the game for same reasons or with the same idea. For myself FM is all about the storyline it creates. The ups and downs, dynasties, nurturing your own superstars and following their career - all things that can only happen over time. Time that is not well spent obsessing over matches. The matches are just a device to drive the story forward. They are not the most important, never mind the most interesting part of what makes the game enjoyable for me and god forbid they should consume any more of my time than they already do. Anything beyond key highlights on fast speed does nothing other than frustrate me. FMC is not something that is an option for me either. It compromises on too many things that are an important part in how I play. The simplified training, staff, scouting etc. I also absolutely loathe the way it shoves its micro transaction shizzle in my face with integrated buttons for in game purchases. I won't go into the moral issues this proposes, but having a button suggesting I should poison my opponents or magically heal players alongside serious game options is enough to break the immersion, which is the whole point of how I play.

Personally I'm fine with the Instant Result being as it is because I only do use it for matches where I absolutely do not care about the result, so if the assistant makes no subs then so be it. Then again I don't see the reason for this kind of hardline stance against it from SI as it already is in the game, albeit not officially supported. I sincerely hope they have no plans of deliberately sabotaging the skin makers' efforts, the majority of whom make the functionality available in their releases.

I personally use it alot my own journeyman saves, where I can't be too bothered with watching all the games as I do in my own United save. It speeds up the game so much for me I blasted through 2 seasons in roughly 2 days, when it would take me nearly 2 weeks to get the same progress in my other save. Only disadvantage it brings to me now, since its not included as an official features is the lack of subs except during an injury.

Only disadvantage it brings to me now, since its not included as an official features is the lack of subs except during an injury.

I'm not sure why people keep tossing this out. When using instant result my assistant uses three subs most matches, even when there's no injuries

Archived