weird managers

I'm currently in 17/18 season and I've seen some weird manager changes, these are just a few;

Brendan Rodgers at Burnley

Jose mourinho at West Ham

AVB as England manager

Wenger at Stoke (Stoke are in championship)

To me these would never ever happen, has anyone else had weird manager movement?

In my save, Roy Hodgson stepped down after Euro 2016 and was replaced by... Rafa Benitez, who failed to get England out of the groups at the World Cup. He was then fired, and AVB left 2nd placed Arsenal to take up the post.

I'm in 2050, and the list of England managers is...interesting.

Hodgson left just after Euro 2016, which he won, and was replaced by famous ball shower Louis van Gaal. He stayed for just a year, before handing over to famous eyebrow Carlo Ancelotti, who ended up winning the Confederations Cup.

He carried them through to Russia 2018, and then through the 2020 and 2022 tournaments. Then it was Roberto Mancini for two years, and Mourinho for 4. And of course, the grumpy one won the World Cup in 2026.

Then in 2028 they hired Adi Hutter, an Austrian with a frankly unremarkable playing career. He lasted two years, winning the Confederations Cup again, before the job was passed to Antonio Conte, who won the Nations League. Then two year spells for Leonardo Jardim and Phillip Cocu, before Ronny Deila, Celtic Extraordinaire took over for 4 years.

Currently Alan Dzagoev sits on the throne, and he probably will for a while after winning England's third World Cup.

Only in the second season so nothing utterly amazing but Roberto Mancini is at Southampton.

EDIT: Was just looking at the A-League and some weird **** happened, unknown managers Gary Cole and Adrian Santrac are the new Adelaide United and Melbourne Victory managers respectively. While John Kosmina has taken the hot seat at Melbourne City.

I once had Jack Wilshere managing Tottenham, while Phil Jones was managing Man City in the same save.

Phil Jones isn't too much of a bad one - I don't think he'll have a massive affinity to Man Utd, unless he grew one in game (or I'm wrong and he's a massive supporter or something). Wilshere is an odd one though, that shouldn't happen.

In my game I noticed that Pep Guardiola started doing the rounds in England. He ended up being sacked by QPR in the Championship and was replaced by Darren Ferguson. It was quite early on too - 2018 or 2019, something like that.

Phil Jagielka is managing Man City on my game, got them relegated to the championship and somehow his job was still 'stable'.

He's brought them back up to the prem but not hard when you have Koke and Aguero :D

A lot of these are not weird at all.

Otherwise Sven at England, Mark Hughes at Man City, Pardew leaving Newcastle for Palace, Magath at Fulham, Wenger at Arsenal, Benitez at Chelsea, etc, etc, were all weird and these all happened.

Roberto Martinez is England manager on mine. Rafa Benitez is at Arsenal. Roy Keane Everton. Frank de Boer Liverpool. Julen Lopetegui is at Utd. Eddie Howe Newcastle. Jose Camacho Southampton. Hoddle is at Sunderland. Stale Solbakken Spurs. Derek McInnes WBA. Only prem changes in my save so far. Not checked europe and lower leagues yet

In my Current save(2031, Journeyman) list of current managers who might be of interest: Premier League: Nick Barmby, Southhampton. Luis Enrique, Man United. Paul Cox, Tottenham. Jaime Vardy, Wolverhampton. Josep Guardiola, Arsenal.

Championship: Nicky Law, Hull. John Brayford, Swansea.

League 1:A.J. Soares(USA International), Burnley

International:Unai Emery, England. Roberto di Matteo, Austria. Zinedine Zidane, France. AVB, Holland.

Archived