Is it in impossible to win the Premiership...

Is it in impossible to win the Premiership with a team like Burnley or Hull City?

And what are the most impressive things you've seen by someone (screenshots, etc) in their first Premiership season?

I finished 3rd with my Leeds team in the first season after promotion

That's different - you've already had however much game time to strengthen your squad. It's possible longer term because the transfer AI is shocking enough to let a low-level club build a ridiculously good squad.

Is it in impossible to win the Premiership with a team like Burnley or Hull City?

And what are the most impressive things you've seen by someone (screenshots, etc) in their first Premiership season?

In the last version, Mr Uwe Rosler won the PL with West Brom in his first season.

I finished 3rd with my Leeds team in the first season after promotion

I think the last team to be that good was the Forest team of the mid 90s, that included Bryan Roy and Stan Collymore. They finished third that season. It'll never be replicated again. Not in the near future anyway.

Finished 3rd in my first season with Huddersfield, pipped Man City to a Champions League spot with minutes of the season to go.

Had a crazy unbeaten run at the end of the season after changing my tactics after the first three months. Currently 8 points clear at end of Jan in season two.

Hard but not impossible. You will need to secure a lot of loan signings that can give you the legs to drive you to the title.

In the last version, Mr Uwe Rosler won the PL with West Brom in his first season.

Didn't win it, finished 3rd i think.

I reckon season 1 on the current patch you could go as low as Everton, Tottenham if you were lucky. I've taken a run at it with Southampton who are predicted 8th but the top 5 teams are a class apart and a Champions League place was the best i could do.

Even Liverpool are very strong, Balotelli & Sturridge regularly bag 30 league goals a season each in my saves when controlled by AI.

Chelsea are obviously uber strong, throw in Man City, Man Utd & Arsenal and one of them will likely get on a run.

That's based on no transfers/original squads etc.

Looked a possibility for my Stoke side playing a very tight 4-1-4-1 even up until as late as the end of January. Faded away and finished 6th in the end though, I seem to recall there was a guy sharing his tactic that saw him win the league with Crystal Palace though. People always had their doubts about it though from what I remember.

I really struggle to understand where the attraction is in playing FM by just downloading a shortlist, signing the best players others have found, and then clicking continue is.

I don't, but you learn who the best players are from fan sites ect. I couldn't imagine starting a game and signing Balanta, Romero, Odegaard ect but the OP asked how to do it and it's usually this way.

Archived