Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge

Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bluenose_92:

Gundo, you might want to put Ireland on the can't play list (Republic btw). Their bottom tier has no relegation

Noted. Thanks. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not quite true. The Republic of Ireland league is undergoing changes to its structure at the moment, and as a result, there is no promotion/relegation from the bottom tier (First Division) at the end of 2007 campaign. However, after this year, the side that finishes bottom will in the future seasons will enter a relegation playoff against a non-league side, with the non-league side being promoted to the First Division if they win it.

It's all explained better on wikipedia (here), under the 'Competition' section.

I'm just quickly holidaying through a couple of seasons to check that this is all implemented into the game, and I'll try and provide the dates for holidaying forward to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right then.

I've holidayed through to November 16th 2008, the day of the final league game. The draw for the relegation playoff (just one) is made on the 17th so if you want have a choice of team, you will have to save and reload from November 16th.

Okay, just moving forward to see if everything goes OK.

Dublin City University FC (D.C.U. F.C., previously non-league) will play Wexford (finished bottom of First Division) in the playoff on Wednesday 19th November. It's just one leg, unlike N.Ireland. The non-league side are given home advantage.

Took 1 reload to get DCU FC to beat Wexford.

Holiday through to January 5th 2009, and you're free to take over... Mullingar Town... WHAT?!!?

I think I might have found a bug.

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johnnyquest409:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bluenose_92:

Gundo, you might want to put Ireland on the can't play list (Republic btw). Their bottom tier has no relegation

Not quite true. The Republic of Ireland league is undergoing changes to its structure at the moment, and as a result, there is no promotion/relegation from the bottom tier (First Division) at the end of 2007 campaign. However, after this year, the side that finishes bottom will in the future seasons will enter a relegation playoff against a non-league side, with the non-league side being promoted to the First Division if they win it.

I'm just quickly holidaying through a couple of seasons to check that this is all implemented into the game, and I'll try and provide the dates for holidaying forward to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right then.

I've holidayed through to November 16th 2008, the day of the final league game. The draw for the relegation playoff (just one) is made on the 17th so if you want have a choice of team, you will have to save and reload from November 16th.

Okay, just moving forward to see if everything goes OK.

Dublin City University FC (D.C.U. F.C., previously non-league) will play Wexford (finished bottom of First Division) in the playoff on Wednesday 19th November. It's just one leg, unlike N.Ireland. The non-league side are given home advantage.

Took 1 reload to get DCU FC to beat Wexford.

Holiday through to January 5th 2009, and you're free to take over... Mullingar Town... WHAT?!!?

I think I might have found a bug. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I found this strange in Ireland on last years game.

Although there is no promotions/relegations at the end of the 1st season Mullingar Town came up at the end of the 1st season in 07.

icon_confused.gif

I'll post this in the bugs forum later this evening, and upload the save file for SI to have a look at.

That's super johnny. Hopefully SI can shed some light on it or confirm it's a bug and get it sorted. icon14.gif

my apologies, i just sure that there was no relegation first season

Originally posted by Gundo:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Does the Iceland league develop to allow access into The High League or whatever cross nation scandinavian mini league there is icon_confused.gif?

No Jimbo it does not unfortunately. It's just the big 3 Scandinavian nations - Norway, Denmark and Sweden that generate clubs into the Royal League as it' known. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Royal League has ceased to exist anyway. Teams didn't take it seriously, noone went to the games, and tv ratings were shocking, so it wasn't very surprising when it was announced last month.

It was rubbish in game as well, the Swedish and Danish teams were appaling by the time my Træff side qualified for it. Beating the Swedes is all well and good, but beating their top sides 8-0 on average is a bit much. There were also a lot of bugs in the set up in the FM2007 edition.

Originally posted by Alexani:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Does the Iceland league develop to allow access into The High League or whatever cross nation scandinavian mini league there is icon_confused.gif?

No Jimbo it does not unfortunately. It's just the big 3 Scandinavian nations - Norway, Denmark and Sweden that generate clubs into the Royal League as it' known. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Royal League has ceased to exist anyway. Teams didn't take it seriously, noone went to the games, and tv ratings were shocking, so it wasn't very surprising when it was announced last month.

It was rubbish in game as well, the Swedish and Danish teams were appaling by the time my Træff side qualified for it. Beating the Swedes is all well and good, but beating their top sides 8-0 on average is a bit much. There were also a lot of bugs in the set up in the FM2007 edition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Iceland it is for me then. If the Royal League was crap then I have no ambition to dominate it icon_biggrin.gif

Currently holidaying.... icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by aaberdeenn:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacovone:

Matt Kewan - Iceland

Profile and Club Info

Here begins the long cold road to Worldwide fame and glory...! icon_cool.gif

Looking forward to this one icon_biggrin.gif

I played with them for a while on 07.

Can't really remember it though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Memorable time was it?

Who invented the transfer system in Belgium. Really crap transfer window rules like for most of the time you can only sign players from higher divisions and about halfway through the season you cant even sign free agents any more. Apart from that Belgium rocks. 16yo with professional contracts is nice.

Originally posted by DS:

Who invented the transfer system in Belgium. Really crap transfer window rules like for most of the time you can only sign players from higher divisions and about halfway through the season you cant even sign free agents any more. Apart from that Belgium rocks. 16yo with professional contracts is nice.

Wow I didn't know that (probably because I've never managed in Belgium!)

Who are you? How you getting on? My season is nearing the start...literally teetering with Icelandic anticipation. icon_biggrin.gif

Just recently started a game where i took over K. Lyra TSV in the Belgium 3rd division.

i have finished my first season in charge of this newly promoted side and have gained a back to back promotion taking me to the second division.

i did not post when i started the game, it was suppost to be just a test but i done well so ill start posting now and carry on. here are my details so far.

My Profile

Lyra Info

Final Table

Promotion

Lyra Squad

Originally posted by iacovone:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

Wow I didn't know that (probably because I've never managed in Belgium!)

Who are you? How you getting on? My season is nearing the start...literally teetering with Icelandic anticipation. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Scroll up a bit. I have made a few posts about my progress. In my first season I won the 3rd division so now off to the second division but my club is on the verge of bankruptcy which will be unpleasant to have point deductions.

Originally posted by kingrooney:

Just recently started a game where i took over K. Lyra TSV in the Belgium 3rd division.

i have finished my first season in charge of this newly promoted side and have gained a back to back promotion taking me to the second division.

i did not post when i started the game, it was suppost to be just a test but i done well so ill start posting now and carry on. here are my details so far.

My Profile

Lyra Info

Final Table

Promotion

Lyra Squad

Nice! I also won the Belgium 3rd division in my first season with Patro Eisden but I was in 3rd division B. I am surprised that all your players are completely different to mine. I thought maybe we would sign a few of the same players. Anyway Belgium 2nd division coming up now.

I want to ask how are your finances going? My club has gone a fair way into the red and it was made worse by the board deciding to add more seats to the stadium. Seems like a bit of a bug that they would do that when we are in debt.

I hate that when I tactically outsmart league leaders Aluminij, and we snatch a valuable goalless draw, both relegation rivals record an away win icon_mad.gif

I don't know how you feel, but in this FM edition it's really worth listening to the opposition reports, because I've had two shock results after adjusting the team to the pitch/focusing on the recommended weakness.

DS, my finances are steady at the moment, gradually increasing as the season progressed.

Finances

In pre season at the moment looking forward to my season in the 2nd division, though i will have to strengthen my team considerably as my main players last season were loans from my parent team Lokeren.

my scouts arent doing a very good job at the moment so ill have too look around a bit.

Good luck DS on ur 2nd division, an with ur finances.

Originally posted by kingrooney:

DS, my finances are steady at the moment, gradually increasing as the season progressed.

Finances

In pre season at the moment looking forward to my season in the 2nd division, though i will have to strengthen my team considerably as my main players last season were loans from my parent team Lokeren.

my scouts arent doing a very good job at the moment so ill have too look around a bit.

Good luck DS on ur 2nd division, an with ur finances.

quick question... what date do you need to holiday to to manage in Belgium?? might give it a go...

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge Table

(Nat) League Year Club Username Club & Nation Coeff. Achievements

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Hün) Second 2009/10 Budakalász bnek - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Newbuildings XaW - - -

(Swe) First 2010 Kalmar AIK FK briott - - -

(Ice) First 2009 Magni endtime - - -

(Ser) First 2009/10 FK Zeleznicar Clarence Seedorf - - -

(Tur) Second 2008/09 Keciörengücü Sazchu - - -

(Ice) First 2008 KS/Leiftur argyle4ever - - -

(Swe) First 2008 Eslöv MrDiCanio - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Magherafelt SB johnnyquest409 - - -

(Ice) First 2008 Reynir Ste93 - - -

(Ice) First 2008 KF Fjarðabyggð westhamrob - - -

(Nor) Second 2008 Nest-Sotra IL Spurs1979 - - -

(Fin) Second 2008 KajHa RockLobster - - -

(Ice) First 2008 Hamar Bluenose_92 - - -

(Bel) First 2008/09 Patro Eisden DS - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Clough Rangers mikedavd - - -

(Ukr) First 2008/09 Arsenal Billa MoongooseMcQueen - - -

(Ice) First 2009 Reynir lucky326 - - -

(Swi) First 2008/09 Martigny Sports konquest - - -

(Bel) First 2008/09 Molodechno spider90 - - -

(Fin) Second 2008 JBK Alurny - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Kilmore Rec aaberdeenn - - -

(Slo) Second 2008/09 NK Slovan emgergo - - -

(Pol) Second 2008/09 Stal Rzeszow Stal Rzeszow - - -

(Ice) First 2008 Vloir iacovone - - -

(Bel) Second 2008/09 Lyra TSV Kingrooney - - -

</pre>

Just wondering about the League Reps at the start of the thread, are they for the lowest league in the country?

And also, would that pdf that someone (I forget who but it was really good!) uploaded last year, still apply, or have the league reps been changed alot?

icon14.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> Gundo's FM08 Small club from a small nation European adventure challenge Table

(Nat) League Year Club Username Club & Nation Coeff. Achievements

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Bel) Second 2008/09 Lyra TSV Kingrooney - - -

(Bel) First 2008/09 Patro Eisden DS - - -

(Bel) First 2008/09 Molodechno spider90 - - -

(Fin) Second 2008 KajHa RockLobster - - -

(Fin) Second 2008 JBK Alurny - - -

(Hün) Second 2009/10 Budakalász bnek - - -

(Ice) First 2008 KS/Leiftur argyle4ever - - -

(Ice) First 2009 Magni endtime - - -

(Ice) First 2008 Reynir Ste93 - - -

(Ice) First 2008 KF Fjarðabyggð westhamrob - - -

(Ice) First 2008 Hamar Bluenose_92 - - -

(Ice) First 2009 Reynir lucky326 - - -

(Ice) First 2008 Vloir iacovone - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Newbuildings XaW - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Magherafelt SB johnnyquest409 - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Clough Rangers mikedavd - - -

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Kilmore Rec aaberdeenn - - -

(Nor) Second 2008 Nest-Sotra IL Spurs1979 - - -

(Ser) First 2009/10 FK Zeleznicar Clarence Seedorf - - -

(Slo) Second 2008/09 NK Slovan emgergo - - -

(Swe) First 2010 Kalmar AIK FK briott - - -

(Swe) First 2008 Eslöv MrDiCanio - - -

(Swi) First 2008/09 Martigny Sports konquest - - -

(Pol) Second 2008/09 Stal Rzeszow Stal Rzeszow - - -

(Tur) Second 2008/09 Keciörengücü Sazchu - - -

(Ukr) First 2008/09 Arsenal Billa MoongooseMcQueen - - -

Jimbo v Jimbo Jr Odds

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Clough Rangers Jimbokav1971 - - - evens

(N.I) Second 2008/09 Kilmore Rec JimbokavJr1996 - - - 1/5 f</pre>

Originally posted by Supermas2:

Just wondering about the League Reps at the start of the thread, are they for the lowest league in the country?

And also, would that pdf that someone (I forget who but it was really good!) uploaded last year, still apply, or have the league reps been changed alot?

icon14.gif

The league reps in the guidelines are for the given nations top division.

I believe some of the info off konquests guide pdf from last season will have changed, hopefully he could rustle another up for this years if he gets the time... (Hint hint) icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Last years is here if you want it. Click.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Supermas2:

icon14.gif

The league reps in the guidelines are for the given nations top division.

I believe some of the info off konquests guide pdf from last season will have changed, hopefully he could rustle another up for this years if he gets the time... (Hint hint) icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Last years is here if you want it. Click. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ah, ok thanks.

I will probably start this challenge up in a few weeks, and put it alongside my new Dafuge one (my current dafuge challenge became corrupted icon_frown.gif ) and because of that I may get a new laptop to play these challenges on.

Gotta say I am loving the updates on this thread, and it really would be amazing to see someone win the Champions League with an Icelandic team! Keep them coming, great thread icon14.gif

I believe some of the info off konquests guide pdf from last season will have changed, hopefully he could rustle another up for this years if he gets the time... (Hint hint) Big Grin Wink

Hehe... I probably won't have time to do that in a close future, but i can Open Source my Excel file if anyone wants to have a base to start.

Originally posted by NeoAC:

Sorry for the double post. You got my team right, just didn't put a name on it. I know I haven't been around much, but that's school's fault! Not mine!

Sorry Neo. icon_biggrin.gif

It's going take me a couple of table updates to get me back into the swing of doing them and geting them 100% correct. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Konquest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I believe some of the info off konquests guide pdf from last season will have changed, hopefully he could rustle another up for this years if he gets the time... (Hint hint) Big Grin Wink

Hehe... I probably won't have time to do that in a close future, but i can Open Source my Excel file if anyone wants to have a base to start. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just being abit cheeky really, i understand. I'll have a go at it myself in the coming weeks i think, once i've gathered all the start dates.

Originally posted by Reverand&Makers:

Update

Well after only 3 games in the league, my brief run as Bereza manager comes to an end thanks to a eejit of a chairman.

Although it did end prematurely I did have a great start to the season, winning 2 and drawing 1.

But i do have to say im gutted. icon_frown.gif

Looks like im going on holiday again until next year.

Sorry to hear that. icon_frown.gif Damn takeovers, there are still plenty of casualty's around who have suffered the same fate unfortunately. Better to have happed earlier rather than later if it was going to happen at all though heh?

Best of luck with your new club. icon14.gif

The Irish promotion bug has been logged by SI so hopefully it'll be fixed in the patch.

That's great news johnny. Technically that nation is still playable in this challenge, but we'll just have to make people aware of it should they want to start in Ireland to save anybody being confused by the promotions.

Originally posted by brigadier:

any idea when the Belgian teams generate?

Not too sure brigadier sorry. I'm the guys who are playing Belgium will help when their next online.

I'm currently in the process of collecting all the start dates that nations generate promotions/relegations.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brigadier:

any idea when the Belgian teams generate?

Not too sure brigadier sorry. I'm sure the guys who are playing Belgium will help when their next online.

I'm currently in the process of collecting all the start dates that nations generate promotions/relegations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*corrected.

Archived