• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very weird callender.

Tuesday CL - Saturday PL - Tuesday Cup - Friday PL

This on the Portuguese league

Greyd out players are overrated. They make minnion teams become a real force. In my save, Dnipro easily finished on top of Leverkusen and Basel and gave me a thrashing, with half of the team being greyd out players and the rest very poor normal ones.

Poor tactical AI choices when losing, they often change to gung-ho tactics like 433 without any kind of balance between sectors. Thus resulting in strange scorelines.

Unrealistic importance of attributes Depay with 10 in Decisions is a monster in any league. My best striker has 12 accel and 13 pace, 18 finishing,17 composure and a beast IRL (Jackson Martinez) still he fails to score on a regular basis when compared to Aboubakar, who scores way too much, with worse stats but better pace. Irl the difference between them is evident and this ruins the immersion for me.

Overall i give this game a 5/10 and FM14 a 8/10

I'm not even talking about injuries and penalties/red cards. It's jut too much immersion breaking issues. How am i supposed to build a realistic tactic when ME exploits give me easy 7-0 wins? It's like no one tested properly 15.3 sorry.

Gave the game a go today after a couple months but after a few games nothing changed. Bear in mind i have one loss all season and just beat some team 6-2 so It's not a rage rant or anything. I'm being perfectly honest. I feel genuine disappointment with this game.

I do think that the former club legend telling you watch out for an ageing centre back in an upcoming match is very very bizarre.

People who used to play for your club telling you who to watch out for? They last played for me 20 years ago FFS!!

This is such a strange inclusion and makes no sense or adds no value whatsoever

I like it, it draws attention to things you may not have considered in the pre-match build up. What is annoying is when they keep asking the same guy over and over again. Almost as if said legend has nothing better to do than to comment on your team.

Assman tells me one of my players is concerned about my promise to increase the quality of the team. The board won't allow me to hire or fire any staff, they won't let me utilize any transfer income derived from player sales, and oh yeah, the "concerned player" tore his hamstring before the first game of the season and is out for 3 months. In fact, 7 of my 11 opening day starters, the majority of my quality players are currently out for between a month and 9 months. DESPITE all that, we're in 1st place, and since we're sliding into debt and have $5/wk in our available salary budget, I don't see us dipping into the transfer market.

We know player interaction this game has been a joke but some of it is plainly ridiculous. I have a RWB on loan from the Scottish premership, my coaches are all national with top licences and when the report comes back thet he's doing well in training I go to tell him I'm pleased with him and to keep it up, his reply is the coaching is holding him back and he he feels he's stagnating WTF John Doolan is an ex Wigan 1st team coach and my Ass man Andy Holden was at Everton for a good 19 years.

When I pick an unchanged side, but move the players around a bit position-wise, then get asked by the media in the tunnel why I've made a tactical change. HOW DID THEY KNOW?!

I actually laughed our loud at this one, too true :applause:

When you take a backroom meeting and a coach says you should offer player X a new contract before he becomes unhappy when he's a new player brought to the team and already is on a long term contract and a generous one at that.

I actually laughed our loud at this one, too true :applause:

I played my strongest eleven againt my arch rivals and was asked why I made changes from the last game........erm last game was against a small team in the league cup, this is a league game against Hearts, obviously I'm making changes to the last game as this is the beast 11 I have DOH!

Very weird callender.

Tuesday CL - Saturday PL - Tuesday Cup - Friday PL

This on the Portuguese league

Is the Friday game a full fixture list or just a small percentage of games? IIRC the Primera Liga does play some games on a Friday.

My annoyance is countered by the Editor to some extent, in that I wish they would add the Ecuador, Paraguay, Bolivia and Venezuela leagues to complete the South American set.

I dont think it would be too hard to accomplish, even just the top flights to begin with if data research is an issue. But I like official SI stuff as you know its fully tested internally... mods etc, albeit great, can cause an issue here or there and ive had some good saves ruined by bugs caused by these in the past.

Having to make a decision about substituting a player on a yellow card and looking "aggressive" and condition <70, but has scored two goals in the game, knowing the inevitably "you took player X off whilst he was on a hattrick, how will he feel about that?" question...

I love FM2015, by far the most absorbing version of the series so far.

Some of the interactions are still a little frustrating. Two players fell out over training (Chambers and Debuchy) so I asked my captain Arteta to intervene. My only option was "I noticed that Monreal and Arteta aren't getting on. Could you have a word?"

The weak link subject in the Pressers also seems to be too frequent.

My only other complaint is that there's a lack of "oooh didn't see that coming" controversy. Managers get sacked for poor performance, players are transfer listed for the same reason but there really needs to the occasional earth shattering moments like out of the blue transfer requests, players going awol when they were previously happy, managers walking out, clubs suddenly announcing huge losses, rumours of personal strife. It all ticks along a bit too nicely at the moment.

One other thing, while it's alluded to internally when offering contracts, there's little of the transfer window tug-o-war that you get in real life. It would add a lot of spice if, just as you're signing a player, there was a headline speculating that Liverpool or whoever are lining up a late bid or making up stuff about players your club are about to sign. Press transfer stories are a bit passive which is a shame as it would add a new dimension with your star striker demanding to leave based on a completely untrue story in the papers.

"The 'keeper left a lot of room to his left/right so he could make the save"

Really? Having been a 'keeper at a decent level of football, the only times a 'keeper may leave room to one side or another, would be at a free kick, or occasionally at a penalty, when the 'keeper sometimes positions himself a little to one side of the goal.

Otherwise, its all about angles, not leaving gaping holes in your goal. As this comment is seen in virtually every game, someone at SI was obviously advised that this was normal practice for 'keepers. I would suggest it's not.

Just take a look at any televised game, and in open play I can't recall ever seeing a 'keeper 'offer' a side of the goal for the forward to shoot at. It's hard enough keeping them out even if you get your angles right.

I find press conferences in general a bit boring. I don't think mind games are as rewarding as they used to be and the questions and answers are too repetitive.

This 100%, I just leave them to my assistant, I would love an option to turn them off completely to be honest.

When players surround the line official because of a contentious offside decision...they leave...and then come back...and then leave...and then come back and then leave all in unison it's quite strange.

Players not always kicking the ball out when another player is injured. The code works, it just doesn't work often enough.

Well, they don't always do this in real life, so ..

More Player Interaction brilliance - my BWM gets sent off (something for another time - BWM's seem to collect bookings/ red cards like trading cards) in the 44th minute of a must-not-lose relegation six-pointer. Naturally unhappy with this I attempt to interact by criticizing his previous game. Firstly, there is no option available related to his previous red card, so instead I have to opt for 'your tackling was not up to scratch in the last game', which is pretty much accurate as he was sent off for two bad challenges...

He reacts upset, saying he thinks it is unfair as the entire team defended poorly.

We won the game 1-0.

I just got asked a question as to why a player was not playing before the match

and not one of the answers available was anything to do with the reason.. resting the player.

I can better that one, had the same question in a tunnel interview when I didn't select my midfielder playmaker, unfortunately there wasn't an option to tell the virtual Geoff Shreeves s that the player did not make the team-sheet because he was suspended.

Having to press the 'space bar" (or continue button) about 500 times between every match even though I've deleted everything possible to delete in my news subscriptions. I really don't want to see the results of the game that starts at 1300, press 'space', then see the result of the game that stars at 1400, press 'space', then see the result of the game that .... Give me a "continue until there is something I have to respond to or until my next match" button please!

Not being able to save opposition instructions or at least mark more than one row at a time and set them all at once like you can for individual training.

Players going "buu huu I want first team football" when they've played 80% or more of the matches so far.

Players going "buu huu I want first team football" two bloody games into the season.

Players going "buu huu the summer break was to short" when it was the shortest I can possibly select.

Players going "buu huu *insert random player buu huu here*<insert random="" player="" buu="" huu="" here="">" - The player interaction in general is terrible. It doesn't matter what I say, they'll get pissed either way and pull the rest of the team with them into their drama queen soap opera.

Managers going "buu huu I thought his (talking about me) comments were unprofessional" when I've never said a bloody word to the media, ever! - The whole media interaction is still terrible. Give me a button to turn it off please, and don't say "classic mode", it's WAY to stripped down.</insert>

More Player Interaction brilliance - my BWM gets sent off (something for another time - BWM's seem to collect bookings/ red cards like trading cards) in the 44th minute of a must-not-lose relegation six-pointer. Naturally unhappy with this I attempt to interact by criticizing his previous game. Firstly, there is no option available related to his previous red card, so instead I have to opt for 'your tackling was not up to scratch in the last game', which is pretty much accurate as he was sent off for two bad challenges...

He reacts upset, saying he thinks it is unfair as the entire team defended poorly.

We won the game 1-0.

Oh I've had a defender get a 6.1 in a game, a real stinker, poor positining the lot, I criticise after the game he moans saying he thought he defended quite well..............6.1 is a good stat for a defender is he serious.

Also had an attack mid tell me he's a striker and it's not up to him to make killer passes etc, had this last game too, still not been changed in over a year.

Oh I've had a defender get a 6.1 in a game, a real stinker, poor positining the lot, I criticise after the game he moans saying he thought he defended quite well..............6.1 is a good stat for a defender is he serious.

Also had an attack mid tell me he's a striker and it's not up to him to make killer passes etc, had this last game too, still not been changed in over a year.

It's an interesting point you make about a player's rating. I always consider anything below 6.8. is poor, indeed, you don't win many games if your whole team perform at 6.8. or below. It's clear, however, that in the players' 'thinking', anything around 6.0. or just above is fine.

If we have to have player interaction, then SI need to put in some clear programming for players to understand that anything below, for example 6.5. isn't good enough and criticism, therefore, would be justified. At the moment who knows what is a sub-standard performance?

The other frustrating thing is that in a game, and I'm sure we've all had it, you are dominating a game, but your striker is missing chance after chance, has a game rating of around 5.9. - 6.2. then you get a penalty in the last minute, your striker puts it away and his rating jumps up to above 6.5. If you criticise him afterwards he'll rebel, 'cos it's the match rating that dictates, not the 10 missed chances.

Not minor. The absurd amount of injuries. If you manage a team with a lot of first team players and you can rotate it is probably not a problem. But for me who likes to manage a smaller side, scraping enough money to have 11 decent players and 11 not extremely bad extras to substitute the regulars if needed the amount of injuries in 15 compared to 14 is absurd.

The other frustrating thing is that in a game, and I'm sure we've all had it, you are dominating a game, but your striker is missing chance after chance, has a game rating of around 5.9. - 6.2. then you get a penalty in the last minute, your striker puts it away and his rating jumps up to above 6.5. If you criticise him afterwards he'll rebel, 'cos it's the match rating that dictates, not the 10 missed chances.

I had a CD playing a stinker of a game and currently running at 5.6. He scores a header from a corner and instantly jumped up to 7.1. Somehow that one goal is enough to forgive all the over mistakes he had made that match.

One to file under 'player interactions are weird.' A player of mine scored his first ever goal for his country so naturally I took the chance to say congratulations. His reaction was to say 'I didn't score the gaol for you' and his morale dropped from good to fairly poor over the course of the conversation. Bizarre.

One to file under 'player interactions are weird.' A player of mine scored his first ever goal for his country so naturally I took the chance to say congratulations. His reaction was to say 'I didn't score the gaol for you' and his morale dropped from good to fairly poor over the course of the conversation. Bizarre.

Wait 'til you get, "I don't need to be patronised by you" by a player. I've had this several times, even with players with high personal traits of professionalism etc.

I find press conferences in general a bit boring. I don't think mind games are as rewarding as they used to be and the questions and answers are too repetitive.

This is the same for me, I try and attend as much as possible but I don't need to read the answer to know what I'm clicking. More questions would be better but I know this would probably add a few GB to the game in terms of installation size.

More questions would be better but I know this would probably add a few GB to the game in terms of installation size.

Unlikely, it's only a few extra lines of text. The results of the text would still fall broadly into Positive, Slightly Positive, Neutral, Slightly Negative, Negative. The words would just be different.

The injury thing has been overdone here, but why does it take two months after a sprained ankle?

Most of us have played football before and had a sprained ankle, I did it three times in a game and fronted up two days later to do it again (only once this time). I agree if I had two weeks (better boots too) to restore the weakness and strengthen up I would not have had so many sprains that month, but that is all I would have needed, not two months!

Is it unreasonable that I think this? It just seems inordinately long for a minor injury, which as I have stated, I have gone through myself over the years.

The injury thing has been overdone here, but why does it take two months after a sprained ankle?

Most of us have played football before and had a sprained ankle, I did it three times in a game and fronted up two days later to do it again (only once this time). I agree if I had two weeks (better boots too) to restore the weakness and strengthen up I would not have had so many sprains that month, but that is all I would have needed, not two months!

Is it unreasonable that I think this? It just seems inordinately long for a minor injury, which as I have stated, I have gone through myself over the years.

A couple of points here.

The first is that your player hasn't got a sprained ankle as such in the game. He has an injury which lasts 7 weeks to 2 months and to add depth to the game its been given the description "Sprained Ankle".

The second is that I doubt you've ever had a sprained ankle IRL, I've had two in my life and there is no way you would be playing just a couple of days later. Its not in any way a minor injury and I would say you are confusing it with much less severe injuries.

This is a sprained ankle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprained_ankle

Wait 'til you get, "I don't need to be patronised by you" by a player. I've had this several times, even with players with high personal traits of professionalism etc.

This is really annoying as why the hell would I be patronizing him, player interaction is so dumb in this game and needs a massive overhaul along with the media.

That's enough, consider this to be the final word & expect to see a few more post removed.

This is a public forum & foul language or circumventing the swear filter is a breach of the house rules.

Call it what you want, name-calling/foul language isn't allowed - something you knew when you replace two letters with @. Now, please, keep on topic.

Call it what you want, name-calling/foul language isn't allowed - something you knew when you replace two letters with @. Now, please, keep on topic.

ok mate, how about pulling up cougar, how does he get to offend me?

I don't care none the less as we were (I thought) having a passionate discussion, he may vary on my thoughts, but that is not a bad, though I do take offence if a person attacks my my life experiences.

The discussion was going nowhere other than into a circular argument of I'm right, no I'm right.

We have dealt with the matter in a manner that we (mod team) consider appropriate, as requested please keep this thread on-topic which is; minor things that annoy you.

If you have an issue with the moderation please use the 'Contact Us' link in the forum footer.

The discussion was going nowhere other than into a circular argument of I'm right, no I'm right.

We have dealt with the matter in a manner that we (mod team) consider appropriate, as requested please keep this thread on-topic which is; minor things that annoy you.

If you have an issue with the moderation please use the 'Contact Us' link in the forum footer.

What? it is a minor issue.

Verybourgeoisie, ​are you right?

you are late to the discussion, thenkyou.

It isn't up for discussion. Stay on topic and debate/discuss in a civil manner. Name-calling isn't allowed. If you have an issue and feel offended, report the post and we'll discuss and deal with it, if need be. Now that really is final. I'm deleting any more posts about this. Any more and it'll be considered infraction-worthy.

I miss when we could interact with who ever we wanted, especially managers. Phil Brown is in charge of my old Lewes team in the Premiership (I left for United) and I'd love to give him words of encouragement, perhaps mention "If Brown is interested we could send some players on loan to Lewes as it's a great club and I for one wish them to stay in the top flight".

However Si removed this feature for some reason.

Must say I do wish these long breaks in play could be sorted as they have been in FM as long as I can remember. These can be keepers holding onto it, corner takers taking and age, throw in takers just waving their hands to and fro over their heads for what seems an eternity at times up to 45 seconds or so. I believe certainly with goalkeepers 6 seconds is the limit before a yellow card. Not sure if it is really part of the game or the ME just inexplicably pauses whilst the clock runs down!

Must say I do wish these long breaks in play could be sorted as they have been in FM as long as I can remember. These can be keepers holding onto it, corner takers taking and age, throw in takers just waving their hands to and fro over their heads for what seems an eternity at times up to 45 seconds or so. I believe certainly with goalkeepers 6 seconds is the limit before a yellow card. Not sure if it is really part of the game or the ME just inexplicably pauses whilst the clock runs down!

I don't have this issue as I only watch key moments but if there is a red card the game takes about 30 seconds to do 'something'.

Player X, World Cup winner, Champs League winner, Europa League winner, has winners medals from the English Premiership and La Liga etc etc..............still 'looks nervous' when playing at home in a League Cup match against the team who is bottom of League Two.

Started a new Sheff Utd save, my striker Marc McNulty went 13 games without scoring, tried reassuring him, tried telling him if he didn't start scoring he'd be dropped, nothing worked so eventually I dropped him. Few weeks later a message pops up about how we wants to talk about the lack of first team football, I say 'last time you started you didn't perform well' or words to that effect, McNulty now thinks I am being unfair to him. Apparently a going a dozen games without scoring is perfectly acceptable for a forward it seems.