Rock Apes - Match Thread

INTERNATIONAL NEWS FLASH 16 NOVEMBER 2014

Results continued to be pants as the U21s lost 5-1 at home to Montenegro and 5-0 away at Estonia with Thomas Steeler, Franklin Carneiro and Conán Ailin all getting outings.

The senior side went down 2-0 at home to Ireland with 5 of our rock apes gaining caps, with Arron Balmont picking up his 2nd pulled hamstring injury and maybe another 3 weeks out - let's hope this is not going to be an ongoing injury for him.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEWS FLASH 23 NOVEMBER 2014

Scott Baker will see another 3 weeks on the sidelines after picking up a foot injury whilst playing against East Stirlingshire, after picking up his 5th yellow card of the season Conán Ailin will miss a domestic match.

NEWS FLASH 08 DECEMBER 2014

Financially stricken Ath made a deal with Thomas and Marco's agent to sell a 60% stake in the players, no doubt the agent will try and move the players on quickly.

Franklin claims the MLS rookie award of the year.

PLAYER FOCUS - ON HOLIDAY FEET UP!

A steady away first season for Arron who is now on holiday, up for loan the young lad will be hoping for a move to Europe - or will he?

14thColombia_zpsypwm1y2a.png

Arron's Stats:

Arron1stSeasonStats_zpsdcnz460o.png

toonbalmy87, I now need you to decide which area of your player you want to develop - your fist choice is what do you wish to develop, I will tell you how after you have decided. So, do you want to develop your players 'hidden' attributes such as Injury Proneness, Loyalty etc. Or do you want to develop other positions your player can play in or do you want to develop your players general attributes such as long shots, decisions etc? Drop me a message direct so the other players don't know what your planning to do with your player.

NEWS FLASH 19 DECEMBER 2014

A 4th injury of the season will see Scott Baker miss the next 9 days due to a bruised head, this is the 2nd time Scott has picked up a training injury and these 9 days will take Scott's time on the treatment bench up to 15 weeks mark!

NEWS FLASH 19 DECEMBER 2014

A 4th injury of the season will see Scott Baker miss the next 9 days due to a bruised head, this is the 2nd time Scott has picked up a training injury and these 9 days will take Scott's time on the treatment bench up to 15 weeks mark!

Bubble-wrap him, he's delicate.

NEWS FLASH 27 DECEMBER 2014

A formality really as Franklin Carneiro is announced in the Chivas USA Best Eleven.

podunkboy - I think your right mate, its looking like his injury proneness will slow his career down.

NEWS FLASH 06 JANUARY 2015

Bitter sweet for sick note Baker as he is named in the Scottish League 2 Team of the week, and then he picks up concussions in a U20s match which means up to 10 days on the sidelines.

NEWS FLASH 12 JANUARY 2015

More injury news for the young men, this time Marco Cannelloni dislocating his shoulder in a man of the match performance against Winkel Sport, meaning around 2 months on the sidelines!

NEWS FLASH 27 JANUARY 2015

The injuries continue to mount up, this time Thomas Steeler picks up a damaged achilles tendon in training and up to 3 months on the sidelines.

Scott Baker picks up a U20s man of the match award scoring one and setting one up in a 3-0 win against Elgin City, Scott is also named in the Scottish League 2 Team of the Week; the third time this season for him.

NEWS FLASH 27 JANUARY 2015

The injuries continue to mount up, this time Thomas Steeler picks up a damaged achilles tendon in training and up to 3 months on the sidelines.

Scott Baker picks up a U20s man of the match award scoring one and setting one up in a 3-0 win against Elgin City, Scott is also named in the Scottish League 2 Team of the Week; the third time this season for him.

FINALLY, a good Baker update! Perhaps the worst of his injury troubles are behind him...right?

NEWS FLASH 03 FEBRUARY 2015

Scott Baker does it again with his 4th Scottish League 2 Team of the week award.

SV Grödig of the Austrian Premier Division are interested in taking Franklin Carnerio to their club.

NEWS FLASH 22 FEBRUARY 2015

Disaster for Leo Bell as he broke his ankle in a league game for Mainz against Gelsenkirchen and will face 3 months on the sidelines meaning his season is pretty much over now.

NEWS FLASH 01 MARCH 2015

Scott Baker continues his fine form with the Young Player of the Month award for February.

Torpedo Moscow have now shown interest in signing Franklin, where will the young man end up?

NEWS FLASH 22 MARCH 2015

It's looking like the Scott Baker show as he picks up the man of the match award and an assist in a 1-0 win against Berwick - then again, this is Scottish football!

Meanwhile, clubs from Belgium, Austria and Russia are looking to sign young Franklin.

INTERNATIONAL NEWS FLASH 29 MARCH 2015

6 Caps for our young players in an away defeat to Scotland, going down by 4 goals.

Marco was taken off injured during the game and will spend around 3 weeks out with a thigh strain.

I have a lot off injuries. :(

NEWS FLASH 31 MARCH 2015

Scott Baker picks up his 6th injury of the season during a training session - a new one this time, a strained neck and maybe 2 weeks out.

Not really hurt, just needed some time off from all those awards banquets. You can only eat so much haggis.

NEWS FLASH 05 APRIL 2015

A bitter sweet match for Conán Ailin as he picked up the man of the match award in a 4-2 win over Newington, scoring one and setting one up - he did however pick up a yellow card to help him reach a ban and miss one match. The young man has had a great season with 10 goals, 10 assists, 4 man of the match awards and 8 yellow cards in a total of 26 starts for his club. Just two more games of the season are left meaning just one more game for the current joint leading league scorer - has the match ban spoilt his chances of picking up the leading goalscorer of the season award?

NEWS FLASH 21 APRIL 2015

A couple of team of the week appearances for two of our lads, first of all and it comes as no surprise that Baker is named as one of them, the other is Matthew Azulay - which is his 4th of the season.

NEWS FLASH 22 APRIL 2015

Conán Ailin is out for 2 months after picking up a groin strain in training meaning he misses the final game of the season and with it the chance to be the outright top goalscorer in the league this season. With his team set to be named champions, Ailin sits joint top of the scoring charts with 9 league goals - let's hope his rival fails to hit the net in the next match.

NEWS FLASH 28 APRIL 2015

Scott Baker (8 times) and Matthew Azulay (5 times) have been named in their respective team of the weeks - well done lads.

Conán Ailin picks up his first winners medal as the team hold on to win the Belfast Telegraph C2 title.

Scott Baker's season is over and maybe his time in Scotland as teams from Cyprus and Israel are sniffing round him due to his contract ending and the club not wanting to pay the amount the player is wanting.

Scotland_zps4lemsonh.png

Scott's Stats:

Scott_Scotland_zpspkxv7nql.png

podunkboy, I now need you to decide which area of your player you want to develop - your fist choice is what do you wish to develop, I will tell you how after you have decided. So, do you want to develop your players 'hidden' attributes such as Injury Proneness, Loyalty etc. Or do you want to develop other positions your player can play in or do you want to develop your players general attributes such as long shots, decisions etc? Drop me a message direct so the other players don't know what your planning to do with your player.

For all other current player stats etc, go back to the opening posts where your current in game stats are shown with a little overview.

For what it's worth, just want to say I like this thread. It's simple, straight to the point and doesn't require too much in way of feedback. I might not get a newsflash about Franklin every time I check, and I've no idea what his stats are like, but I quite like knowing that I've got some Gibraltarian kid out there trying to make a name for himself.

Cheers joe - wasn't sure if it was what people wanted, and as I said at the start, this is a start of something and depending on your feedback we will tweak for future editions.

NEWS FLASH 08 MAY 2015

Marco Cannelloni picks up his 5th injury of the season, this time picking up a hernia and maybe 6 weeks out of action - is Marco becoming the new Scott?

Thanks David Corperial, also if anyone has any feedback on what you feel will make it better etc, then please speak up.

NEWS FLASH 08 MAY 2015

Arron picks up a man of the match award in a 2-0 win scoring a goal and getting a 8.40 rating.

Conán Ailin goes on holiday with a winners medal, well done that young man!

Ireland_Final_Table_zpsgxyspbqz.png

Ailin's Stats:

Allian_Stats_zpsa9litka5.png

Over a couple of stretches of water and into Belgium for Marco and Thomas' end of season:

Belgium_Final_Table_zpsvgbblogf.png

And their stats:

Marco_Season_One_zpswzsoavv6.png

Thomas_Season_One_zpsuvbmyndd.png

tush, Bartrcm and Cuddlefish I now need you to decide which area of your player you want to develop - your fist choice is what do you wish to develop, I will tell you how after you have decided. So, do you want to develop your players 'hidden' attributes such as Injury Proneness, Loyalty etc. Or do you want to develop other positions your player can play in or do you want to develop your players general attributes such as long shots, decisions etc? Drop me a message direct so the other players don't know what your planning to do with your player.

tush, Bartrcm and Cuddlefish you all have PM's If I don't have anything back from you by midnight tonight I will start moving the game world on again and then just get back to me when you can - cheers.

So no news - it's game on then

NEWS FLASH 21 MAY 2015

Arron Balmont gets a goal in a man of the match Colombian Cup Group win - having a really good 2nd season for his club with a total of 19 first team games this season with 5 goals, 1 assist, 2 man of the match awards and a yellow card.

Archived