Rock Apes - Match Thread

Right then gents - below are your positions CA is 125 and PA 200, so I am guessing some of the world's top clubs will be coming in for you shortly and at just 16 years of age - those trophy cabinets are going to fill quickly.

Scott Baker - Midfielder (Right)

Marco Cannelloni - Midfielder (Right)

Franklin Carneiro - Midfielder (Right)

Conán Ailin - Midfielder (Right)

Matthew Azulay - Midfielder (Left)

Leo Ball - Midfielder/Attacking Midfielder (Centre)

Arron Balmont - Attacking Midfielder (Centre)

Thomas Steeler - Attacking Midfielder (Centre)

More info coming shortly.

*Random positions!!! All bloody midfield players.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott Baker

Scottish League 2

Played 19(1)

Scored 3

Assists 5

Man of The Match 4

Scottish League Cup

Played 1

Scored 0

Danish Superliga

Played 5(2)

Scored 3

Assists 1

Man of the Match 1

International

Played 4(1)

Conán Ailin

Belfast Telegraph Championship 2

Played 21

Scored 9

Assists 6

Man of the Match 2

Yellow Cards 5

Northern Irish League Cup

Played 5

Scored 1

Assists 4

Man of the Match 2

Yellow Cards 3

International

Played 1(1)

Right then gents - below are your positions CA is 125 and PA 200, so I am guessing some of the world's top clubs will be coming in for you shortly and at just 16 years of age - those trophy cabinets are going to fill quickly.

Scott Baker - Midfielder (Right)

Marco Cannelloni - Midfielder (Right)

Franklin Carneiro - Midfielder (Right)

Conán Ailin - Midfielder (Right)

Matthew Azulay - Midfielder (Left)

Leo Ball - Midfielder/Attacking Midfielder (Centre)

Arron Balmont - Attacking Midfielder (Centre)

Thomas Steeler - Attacking Midfielder (Centre)

More info coming shortly.

*Random positions!!! All bloody midfield players.

Ought to be lots of competition for the national team, am I right? Kind of need one of the righties to switch to the left.

I will try various styles for the updates guys, if you don't mind feeding back as to what works and what doesn't and for the guys reading this, please do the same. I want to try and create something that people enjoy to either just sit in the background and lurk or try to create the best player that starting nation has produced (all will become apparent as the game-world progresses).

So, to start with I have just updated the player posts (keep your eyes on these as they WILL update each time I reply to this thread). I will focus on what either I feel is important/interesting or the updates will be based on questions asked by either the players or the readers.

Update 1:

Most of the players are either waiting for pre-season or have 'just' started pre-season, we all know it's about fitness right? And results don't count? Well I agree, let's get stuck into the guts of football, and in this occasion North and South American football!

We find 1 of our Rock Apes starting life out in the States, at a club called Chivas USA and they are pap, totally and utterly pap! Rock bottom of the Western Conference after 17 games, with just 1 point 5 goals for and 53 against Franklin must be thinking what has he done, or is he thinking it's all about game time as a 16 year old.

Make of his stats what you will:

Franklin_zps7dndevji.png

Got to show you the table:

Pap_zpsmljwztuh.png

Down the road in Colombia, we find the excitement that is Second Division with it's First Phase League/Overall, Second this and that and a league table where some clubs have played 24 games and others just 18. I really don't understand it, and maybe most of the locals don't either - such is the need for production of the mighty white marching powder!

Anyhow this is the table, Arron's team are currently 12th and I have no idea if that is good or bad?

Eh_zpsmougejmy.png

And Arron in numbers:

Arron_zps8cvnv8nb.png

NEWS FLASH 09 JULY 2014

Baker breaks down during pre-season training, young Scott will miss around 3 weeks of pre-season training due to a groin-strain, although not serious the young man will be gutted by this set-back just one day into his footballing career! Will the club see more of Scott's sick-notes that himself?

andychar - there will be others mate, I wanted a quick start with the idea fresh in my head. You go to the match last night, assuming your a Miller or you one of the many RotherOwls? Heard the Millers are playing really poor at the moment and it's looking like the drop.

On other matters:

NEWS FLASH 13 JULY 2014

Carneiro became the youngest ever Chivas USA player, at the age of 16 years and 68 days! (Obviously he played before this, but the game-world must log them from when the save starts). Well done Franklin, p.s. your team lost 3-0 again are Chivas USA the worst team in the world, never mind 'Merica?

andychar - there will be others mate, I wanted a quick start with the idea fresh in my head. You go to the match last night, assuming your a Miller or you one of the many RotherOwls? Heard the Millers are playing really poor at the moment and it's looking like the drop.

I'll look out for the next one, looks good this one though. I'm just living in Rotherham, actually a Mansfield Town fan, won last night eased a lot of our own relegation worries!

NEWS FLASH 17 JULY 2014

Leo Bell has been promoted to the main Mainz side that plays in the German First Division, not only this but he has put pen to paper on a pre-contract worth a whopping £788,000's a year when he turns 17 on the 12th of November. The supporters of the club are thought to be pleased with the club securing the services of this promising youth player.

NEWS FLASH 03 AUGUST 2014

Scott Baker in Montrose debut, playing all 90 minutes of his sides 2-1 League Cup 1st Round defeat, Scott will be delighted to come off the pitch knowing he performed as the joint best home player with a rating of 7.1. Scott was thrown into the first team after missing nearly all pre-season through injury.

NEWS FLASH 04 AUGUST 2014

After a 2-2 league game Arron Balmont and his team mates were kept behind to complete extra training, it was during this time Arron pulled his hamstring and will now be out for around 3 weeks. This injury comes on the back of the news that Arron would miss 1 game after picking up his 3rd booking of the season.

Up the road in 'Merica, Franklin Carneiro inspired his team to pick up their first point of the season. FC Dallas were the team that failed to beat Chivas USA for the first time this season. Franklin picked up the man of the match award and no doubt some type of toothpaste endorsment the smile on his boat race was that wide...Well done Franklin and well done Chivas, who knows that first win might just be round the corner.

NEWS FLASH 11 AUGUST 2014

Double debut delight as both Thomas Steeler and Marco Cannelloni made their first starts during a 2-0 home Belgian Cup 3rd round win over Waimes. Thomas played for 88 minutes running 7km before coming off to a standing ovation. Meanwhile fellow countryman played the full 90 picking up the man of the match award a goal and an assist to top his colleagues performance.

NEWS FLASH 16 AUGUST 2014

On the morning of the opening league games in Belgium news breaks of Marco Cannelloni being sent home due to him being diagnosed with flu. Around 8 days at home, in bed or playing the Playstation is the name of the game for Marco!

NEWS FLASH 17 AUGUST 2014

Ouch, ouch, as Scott Baker dislocates his shoulder during a Scottish league 2 game and will face around 2 months out of the game. His first 'match' based injury, but his second of the season - unlucky lad.

Over the pond in 'Merica Franklin will see some time out of the action, a twisted knee during a league game will see around 3 weeks of game time missed.

NEWS FLASH 24 AUGUST 2014

Leo Bell makes his debut for Mainz II and becomes the youngest person to play in the German Third Division, at just 16 years and 284 he is a young un and broke a record that had lasted for 6 years.

INTERNATIONAL NEWS FLASH 25 AUGUST 2014

September the 3rd sees Gibraltar boss Allen Bula name his squad for games against Wales and Georgia, one player defiantly out is Scott Baker and Arron Balmont is a doubt at the moment.

Wow, Baker needs to get to a club with a decent physio, these groin strains are killer. And then when he gets a run, dislocates his shoulder. Well, he's young, he'll bounce back.

Wow, Baker needs to get to a club with a decent physio, these groin strains are killer. And then when he gets a run, dislocates his shoulder. Well, he's young, he'll bounce back.
ahaha groin strain maybe its chelsea physio hes seeing :lol:

INTERNATIONAL NEWS FLASH 03 SEPTEMBER 2014

4 of our rock apes made their International debuts in a 3-0 home defeat against Wales in front of 2,000 fans.

In a pretty one sided affair the home side kept the score down until the final 5 minutes when Wales scored their 2nd and 3rd goals, so lots to be hopeful for.

Match stats for the rock apes can be found here.

So well done to Marco, Matthew, Leo and Arron your first caps on the way to becoming centurions.

INTERNATIONAL NEWS FLASH 08 SEPTEMBER 2014

Another International defeat for Gibraltar, but it was only 2-1 away in Georgia with Matthew Azulay hitting a goal in the 89th minute infront of 25,453 fans! Now Georgia are no world beaters, but for this result and a goal....the papers will be full of praise for the lads.

Conán Ailin and Thomas Steeler both played for the U21's who against I don't know as for some reason it doesn't give you any details other than score for U21 and U19's.

NEWS FLASH 13 SEPTEMBER 2014

Rubbish news in from Belgium and a training ground back injury will see Marco Cannelloni out of action for around 4 weeks, this will be Marco's first injury of his career.

Chivas AFC got their 2nd point of the campaign after a 1-1 draw at home to Sporting Kansas City, Franklin Carneiro picking up the man of the match award and scoring his sides only goal.

NEWS FLASH 15 SEPTEMBER 2014

Leo Bell has a storming game for Mainz II setting up 2 goals in a man of the match performance against Dortmund II, and hopes not to keep his place in the team and chalk the appearances up.

NEWS FLASH 16 SEPTEMBER 2014

Team of the week awards all over the place, Franklin picks up his 2nd MLS Team of the Week award, along with player of the week runner up and Leo Bell gets in the German Third Division Team of the week

NEWS FLASH 19 SEPTEMBER 2014

First training injury for Frank Carneiro will see him on the sidelines for up to 3 weeks with an injured thigh, currently in great form this will hit both the player and club hard.

NEWS FLASH 22 SEPTEMBER 2014

A cracking performance by Arron Balmont saw him score and set a goal up in his sides 2-1 away win, picking up the man of the match award (for the 2nd league time this season) he leads the clubs scoring charts with 11 goals in 32 appearances for the club.

INTERNATIONAL NEWS FLASH 10 OCTOBER 2014

You know what this means guys and girls, an International defeat - this time 7-1 at home to Germany!!! Matthew Azulay set the only goal up for the home side and even though he is not getting game time with his club, he has scored 1 and set 1 up in 3 International appearances, the other lads to play were Leo Bell and Arron Balmont. Poland up next and no doubt and another thrashing.

Conán Ailin and Thomas Steeler played in both U21 home defeats, losing to Azerbaijan 3-0 and San Marino 2-0!

NEWS FLASH 12 OCTOBER 2014

Conán Ailin scores in a 1-1 draw at home to Banbridge Town, his 3rd league goal of the season, that's the good news and the bad news is he broke his wrist during the game and will be out for 4 weeks.

INTERNATIONAL NEWS FLASH 13 OCTOBER 2014

A 4-0 home defeat against Poland was hot on the heels of the last defeat with Matthew, Leo and Arron all playing again for the national side. Leo looks as though he has some engine on him as he clocks up a few miles chasing the Poles all over the place.

Joe - Franklin is back to full fitness, but nothing in the transfer pipeline for him at the moment, or anyone...give it another 6 months

NEWS FLASH 18 OCTOBER 2014

Finally Matthew Azulay has been given his first start of the season! And became the youngest ever player in the history of the National League, playing all 90 minutes he also picked up a man of the match award after setting 2 of his sides 3 goals up in a 3-0 home win, let's hope the gaffer now keeps him in the side.

Hip, hip, hooraaaahhh for Matthew.

NEWS FLASH 27 OCTOBER 2014

Marco Cannelloni grabbed the man of the match award in his teams 3-2 win over Izegem today, scoring 2 and setting 1 up and news coming out of the club is they are hoping for more great performances so they can cash in on a move for the young lad. With the club struggling financially they will be happy for both the transfer fee and saving on his wages. Up to now, no clubs have come forward hinting they may be in for him.

PLAYER FOCUS - ON HOLIDAY FEET UP!

After a long morale sapping 1st season in MLS football with the mighty Chivas USA, Franklin will now take a much needed rest before what can only be a better season than the one just gone.

MLSeason1_zpsrfbst7et.png

Franklin's stats:

FranklinSeason1_zpsykuzjeso.png

Joe, I now need you to decide which area of your player you want to develop - your fist choice is what do you wish to develop, I will tell you how after you have decided. So, do you want to develop your players 'hidden' attributes such as Injury Proneness, Loyalty etc. Or do you want to develop other positions your player can play in or do you want to develop your players general attributes such as long shots, decisions etc? Drop me a message direct so the other players don't know what your planning to do with your player.

For all other current player stats etc, go back to the opening posts where your current in game stats are shown with a little overview.

Archived