Player concern - No competition for places in squad

I have this player concerned since he thinks there is "no competition for places" in the squad. He is my best winger and plays most matches but I do have other good wingers (4 in team) which I tend to rotate a little. I do have enough players in each position covered and I don't think I need more players.

Now he doesn't want to sign a new contract since he is unhappy and 6 months left on his contract. So I tried loaning two players in January market but still did not solve the problem. Any ideas?

Edit : Now he is upset that the manager is not making any attempt to strengthen the squad.

I had a player concerned that I wasn't making any attempt to strengthen my squad. I told him its none of his concern and to worry about his football. He happily accepted it and didn't mention anything again. Maybe give that a bash?

The player probably feels there is a positional weakness in the squad or that the squad is lacking in overall quality, how are you performing?

I told him its none of his concern and it got worse. He is still unhappy. Alex I am playing with Stockport in the Championship. Season expectation is avoid relegation but I am in mid-table at the moment half way through the season. So performing really well. The squad isn't really great since just promoted from League one and couldn't buy many players from the restrictive wage budget (75,000 per week).

I told him its none of his concern and it got worse.

Ouch, sorry for the bad advice. Hopefully you'll soon be in a position where you can add to the squad to make him happy but at the moment sounds like its just a wait and see job.

I told him its none of his concern and it got worse. He is still unhappy. Alex I am playing with Stockport in the Championship. Season expectation is avoid relegation but I am in mid-table at the moment half way through the season. So performing really well. The squad isn't really great since just promoted from League one and couldn't buy many players from the restrictive wage budget (75,000 per week).
If you have a save before he starts to raise his concerns & you fell he is being unreasonable can you take the time to start a thread in the bugs forum so that we can take a closer look.

Thanks

Archived