[FM15] Trying Not To Get Sacked - It's A Big Old World Of Football

nastymiller

Seeing as though my English takeover in Scotland lasted less than 6 months, I have decided to give FM15 a blast; and with it world domination.

Starting with the lowest rep possible and unemployed I am going to try a 'hand's off' approach. By that I mean, pick the team and make changes match day whilst everything else is done by my staff.

Setting the game up see's the following:

Set Up_zpsokbhz3ox.png

My details:

Me_zps6eedckgz.png

My first appointment:

Job_zpswshknew3.png

July 2014

Not a great deal went on during the first month, just 1 league game and we lost.

July14_zpsk8svbdfw.png

The director of football has done nothing at all for me, not one player or back room staff member, just what is he at the club for?

Just 1 league game coming in August, and hopefully my DoF will get a grip and look to bring some players in as I have very few to pick from.

August 2014

Pretty decent month with a couple of wins and just one defeat, five points above the drop zone with eight games to go. It's looking pretty good at the moment and it looks like the director of football is keeping the money in the bank until he knows I can be trusted with the reigns.

Without doubt the result of the month was a 4-3 away win at KFUM Oslo, 3-1 down until we got a penalty and we rode the wave until the 84 minute and the winning goal.

AugRes_zpsqzk4zlui.png

Looking at the table, 13th and 14th places look dead and buried and it's the 12th place that a few clubs are fighting away from.

AugTab_zpsgyggcl5p.png

With four home and four away games left of the season, this coming month could make or break my chances of keeping my job.

Three back room members of staff joined the club during the month, but still no players. A coach, under 19s assistant manager and a reserve team assistant manager joined.

Nobby_McDonald - Sure is, but I'm a proper stat freak and love to see what the game generates.

September 2014

A really tough month getting smashed by a couple of the better teams in the league, not great for morale and the teams below us closing in but hopefully we can just get enough points to stay up.

SeptRes_zpsdu5keb91.png

8th place to 12th place is going to take the final relegation spot.

SeptTab_zpsyosqywds.png

First up is Kjelsås at home followed by Vålerenga Fotball 2 away from home, I'm hoping by the end of this result my position and the clubs safety is secured. If not, Moss away and a final home game against Eidsvold Turn completes the season for me.

October 2014

It was ours to lose, and we lost it, going down is a bitter pill to swallow. No players brought in by the director of football, the players when in meetings talking about going down and thinking I was being too ambitious in saying we could stay up. But at the end of the day, we were not good enough to stay up and let far too many silly goals in.

OctTab_zpswsxsqhxz.png

Got to agree with the board though, no win in ten games means the club had to get rid of me, so, job centre time and I hope my previous club well and that they bounce back.

OctReg_zpshxjrpwsi.png

How the news broke

Sacked_zpsziqje0v3.png

Wasn't long before I was back in work, this time in Sweden with a club called Strömsberg who finished 8th in the Swedish Second Division North Svealand, have no money, hardly any players and their last manager fell out with everyone and everything attached to the club.

Sooooooooo a pay cut to get back into football, but I had a good feeling about this one, I would be having a pre-season with them and hopefully my director of football will be active in bringing players into the club.

Job2_zpssm32hjyp.png

Intresting to note the board want me to keep the squad happy, something the previous manager didn't bother with.

Archived