Total Domination

This variation of FM is perhaps one of the most brutal games if you're a top team or playing against top AI teams as a minnow....it can just be wave after wave of attack. I had a 156 goal season with Athletic Club (2021), which included an 11-0 win vs Deportivo La Coruna (my striker bagged 8). I have a photo but maybe I don't have enough posts to be able to put it up as I get an error message. Either way...I bet there's some amazing dominations out there!

212 goals a season... nothing wrong there, absolutely normal :D

Haha I know right? It was in the year 2021. So, AI clubs not being able to strengthen themselves plays a role in that. But regardless, I have been using an amazing tactic. The 89 BPL goals is more crazy than the 212 team goals. In 2015 I got sturridge to score 66.

If this is legit, it proves how broken this version of FM really is. I'm really curious what tactic you were using.

No it doesn't. All it proves is that this particular save is getting these results. Is every save? Then how can it be broken?

No it doesn't. All it proves is that this particular save is getting these results. Is every save? Then how can it be broken?

Ya, every save is getting these results. Of course a big part of it is having the right players. It is a very specialized tactic. So it requires certain types of players for it to work. So it isn't going to work for every club on day 1. Will take while for some, and for other clubs you will see results right away. I did not create this tactic. That is why I am hesitant posting this tactic. Not trying to take credit. It was a tactic that was created on another messageboard and then someone else made a tweak to that tactic. I am using that tweak. And many other people are posting similar results as I am.

Ya, every save is getting these results. Of course a big part of it is having the right players. It is a very specialized tactic. So it requires certain types of players for it to work. So it isn't going to work for every club on day 1. Will take while for some, and for other clubs you will see results right away. I did not create this tactic. That is why I am hesitant posting this tactic. Not trying to take credit. It was a tactic that was created on another messageboard and then someone else made a tweak to that tactic. I am using that tweak. And many other people are posting similar results as I am.

The question for me is, why would anyone do that?^^ Go to a forum, download a tactic which leads knowingly to unrealistic results and then kind of moan about that and be bored to death. lol

Anyone of course can do what he wants but thats just so stupid for my taste, im sorry.^^

The question for me is, why would anyone do that?^^ Go to a forum, download a tactic which leads knowingly to unrealistic results and then kind of moan about that and be bored to death. lol

Anyone of course can do what he wants but thats just so stupid for my taste, im sorry.^^

I see what you are saying. This thread started with people posting crazy results. So I contributed, that is all. Then I got questions, and felt it would be wrong not to answer them. I play the game many different ways. I always have a few very serious saves. Then I have a couple "fantasy" or fun saves. I was looking endlessly for a 3 striker formation and I found this one. It started off as a very serious save. And actually still is. Everything is legit. Kept up the integrity of this save. It is a fun tactic. Fun to build a team around. Ps...you still need to put in the work to build the team around. If you don't properly train your youngsters, you won't get these results. Unrealistic or not, the results are still legit. Unrealistic or not, it is still happening on SI's "realistic" football manager game. So, because one is winning a lot, you should stop and find a tactic will have you losing more often? There is nothing crazy about this tactic. It is a very basic/standard formation with roles and instructions applied correctly to give you good results. It is not a crazy formation or over load tactic.

Also, what is the definition of realistic results and unrealistic? Just because something hasn't happened, doesn't mean it can't. You can't determine the future from the past. So, tbh, you can't really say anything is unrealistic just because it hasn't happened yet. A LOT of things have yet to ever be seen that will be seen in the future. Is 89 BPL goals impossible? NO. Is it probable? Very unlikely. But if you think about it, that is averaging less than 3 goals a league game. Nothing too crazy. The current BPL record is 31. That is .82 goals a game. Someone in the future will definitely beat that. Just a matter of time. So, seeing someone scored 40+ league goals is something that is very likely to happen. everything is "unrealistic" until it happens lol. Look what Messi did in 2012/2013: 46 goals in 31 league appearances. That is 1.484 goals per game. You apply that to the 38 BPL games and that is 56 goals. Of course no one has ever come close to that. But it isn't something ungodly to achieve. It isn't impossible. Improbable yes. But a human being world class footballer can do it. Messi did. Just in a different league. So, creating a tactic on here that finally achieves that, isn't unrealistic. The reason why I got 89 BPL goals isn't just because of the tactic, but also because SI can't program the AI good enough to build and maintain a squad that deep into a save (2021). So, any decent tactic that deep will get you what you call "unrealistic" results. When I first started this save. My striker was getting ~60 goals a season.

I am done though. Was never trying to brag or say look at my tactic. Someone created this thread about crazy results and people started contributing. I did the same. But, should have known there would be backlash. I apologize. Never should have posted.

The reason why I got 89 BPL goals isn't just because of the tactic, but also because SI can't program the AI good enough to build and maintain a squad that deep into a save (2021).

I'm in 2025 in my save, and I can't get near Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd in the game, as they've built outstanding squads during that time, so that's a bit of a myth.

EDIT - So that scenario is completely down to your tactic exploiting the match engine. If it was 2045 in your game, you'd maybe have more of a case, but you're only seven seasons in ffs.

Archived